1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

well that sucks. I knew i should have pre ordered it sooner. Yeah The TDK Hot toys line up got me into it as well. THe DX joker is by far my fav. but i'm sure from looking at the pics that the DX Batman will surpass it.

well that sucks. I knew i should have pre ordered it sooner. Yeah The TDK Hot toys line up got me into it as well. THe DX joker is by far my fav. but i'm sure from looking at the pics that the DX Batman will surpass it.

Live and learn. I pre-ordered mine in early September (first day of, actually) and I haven't gotten a notice...so...

No sign of oily residue on the abs armor this morning, hopefully I've gotten rid of it for good. :banana

No sign of oily residue on the abs armor this morning, hopefully I've gotten rid of it for good. :banana

Sweet!!!

Have been following this issue and I am glad to see there is a fix!

These forums really are helpful!

(of course I probably wont be getting mine until the third batch anyway... and maybe all the bugs will be worked out by then!)

I did something I shouldn't.:( I just ordered one of these from a ebay seller who has the second batch in stock. Oh well, if there's any problems I've dealt with HT customer service before so I know what to expect. Should be here in a couple of weeks so I'll see if mine has any of the oil problems.

Oh btw, no update as I forgot to look at my Batboy today but stupid me forgot that we had a similar experience at work few years ago with some silicone based thermo-conductive pads that is used to install between heatsinks and PCBs.
The conclusion was that silicone based compound will ooze oil if too much pressure is applied e.g. in our case the heatsink was installed too tightly, which resulted in an oily residue dripping out of our assembly. In the end we had to increase the gap between the heatsink and the PCB with standoffs to control the pressure to avoid this consequence.

I hope I get a UPS email from Toys2 today, if not, I'm going to get in touch with them, I got a ship email from Toys2 yesterday, but I always get the Quantum tracking one too, so I'm guessing maybe it hasn't been picked up yet, unless it's not going by UPS now. Just want to know if he actually left their store or not, kinda odd.

Oh btw, no update as I forgot to look at my Batboy today but stupid me forgot that we had a similar experience at work few years ago with some silicone based thermo-conductive pads that is used to install between heatsinks and PCBs.
The conclusion was that silicone based compound will ooze oil if too much pressure is applied e.g. in our case the heatsink was installed too tightly, which resulted in an oily residue dripping out of our assembly. In the end we had to increase the gap between the heatsink and the PCB with standoffs to control the pressure to avoid this consequence.

Great insight!

Clearly that's what is going on here.

I hope I get a UPS email from Toys2 today, if not, I'm going to get in touch with them, I got a ship email from Toys2 yesterday, but I always get the Quantum tracking one too, so I'm guessing maybe it hasn't been picked up yet, unless it's not going by UPS now. Just want to know if he actually left their store or not, kinda odd.

I got an email saying that I was charged for it, but no shipping/tracking info to go with it. When I check their page and look at my order, it still says processing and not completed. I am guessing he is still in the process of getting them all shipped. I won't worry yet as I have had nothing but excellent support from them.

I got an email saying that I was charged for it, but no shipping/tracking info to go with it. When I check their page and look at my order, it still says processing and not completed. I am guessing he is still in the process of getting them all shipped. I won't worry yet as I have had nothing but excellent support from them.

That's why I'm waiting to see if I get the ship info today before I get in touch with them, I have a feeling some steps were started yesterday but not finished, if nothing today, then it'll seem a little strange and worth inquiring about.

OK I will stop hogging his time and let Eric do his work so you can all get your figures :D I just had to make sure MF don't get it until Monday hehe :lol

Congrats on getting your DX's, Geil!! I placed my order with Eric at the end of September. I'm guessing I'll hear from him next week.

OK I will stop hogging his time and let Eric do his work so you can all get your figures :D I just had to make sure MF don't get it until Monday hehe :lol

Mission accomplished, if it hasn't left yet, it'll likely be Tuesday or Wednesday now.

Update, got my UPS mail, due Tuesday.

Last edited:

Er what?............yeah Ok right...yeah PCBs, right yes, what he said!!!:confused::eek:

Er what?............yeah Ok right...yeah PCBs, right yes, what he said!!!:confused::eek:

hehe sorry :monkey5
with regards to our Batboy the continuous added pressure from the tight belt caused the rubber material to excrete some of it's oils
too bad , don't work for my belly

That's one theory...I personally think the back of the belt has a lube on it & if you wipe it off nice & dry, that cures it. I'm going to put the belt back on tight over night & see what happens. It's been 36 hours since I did that with no oily residue.

UPDATE: I took the belt off to tighten it to the next notch & I did have a very small spot of oil behind the belt, but it was greatly reduced. I wiped it down some more with a clean dry cloth & put the belt on the tightest notch, but not until after cleaning the back of the belt off some more. I believe there is some lube on the back of the belt when it ships, I can still feel it even now as I rub I my fingers there...heck, I can even smell it on my fingers!

Last edited:
Back