1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Had some more fnu tonight with a new use for my cases :)
dx02a.jpg

dx02b.jpg

dx02c.jpg

dx02e.jpg

dx02f.jpg

dx02g.jpg

dx02h.jpg

I've had my share providing IT support, it happens often when people break things and keep using their computers and tell you long after the fact about the issue. Instead of being able to just ask, what were you doing it when the problem started, I have to play detective and figure out what someone else did.

Yep, I do field tech support for large CCTV systems, and 75% is detective work & 25% technical skill.

What's the primary belt, the one with the attachments all over it?

If I remember correctly, the plain one is the primary belt and the secondary is the one with the pockets, which is the one I'm using.

Didn't you say you're 21 or something? What your doing to get money is the same thing I do to get money. I'm still in high school....

when did i say i was 21? I'm 12.....

One question. Why don't the figures come out of the box with visible oil residue on the abs, if the belt is on tight to start with?

Oh, and Geil, that bit of fight choreography you have going on there is probably my second favourite moment from the entire movie, coupled with the music cue.

One question. Why don't the figures come out of the box with visible oil residue on the abs, if the belt is on tight to start with?

The belt is in plastic when it's in the box. Maybe that helps.

Hmm, I see.
Just I thought that Geil's suggestion here was that it was from too much pressure caused by the tightness of the belt- would the plastic wrap dissipate the pressure or add to it?

Last edited:

Finally got my DX Batman. First thing I did when I received it was checkin for the sonar head warp defect. Thankfully mine was ok. Batman DX is great, really love the overall sleekness and details that was put into the sculpt and paint of this figure.

The only thing that bothers me is the cape, which doesn't sit nicely on the shoulder and the rather restricted shoulder reticulations due to the armor pad. Is there by any chance a custom made cape is still being made here? would like to have a custom one to replace the HT cape.

Pics will be up as soon as i get my camera back from my bro.

i got mine from my local shop today, he looks really great, hot toys have change their version 1 totally to improve on this dx, he looks just like he came out from the screen... only bad thing is the the wrist pegs still sucks, hard to change from one to another..
and another thing, one of my cylinder from the belts came off, seems its loos eand may need some glue to let it stay i place..

Come to think of it, the wrist pegs does seems harder to turn and swivel. Its very tight. Maybe after more pose, the pegs will loosen up

Finally got my DX Batman. First thing I did when I received it was checkin for the sonar head warp defect. Thankfully mine was ok.

Off course it was. Some here cried and acted like all of them had Leprosy.

Really loving this one, Geil!

dx02a.jpg

Off course it was. Some here cried and acted like all of them had Leprosy.

What is wrong with you?

Come to think of it, the wrist pegs does seems harder to turn and swivel. Its very tight. Maybe after more pose, the pegs will loosen up

yup, me tried till gave up, used a plyer pulled it off from the wrist and push it into the hands i wanted to pose wif, then push it in the wrist again.

Update on the residue
after 12hrs there is new residue showing, again not as much as before but I decided to leave the belt off for the next 12hrs to let it all settle. which belt is everyone using in their testing? I am using the one with all the pouches as I like the belt being loaded up :p but after my gear settles I will go back and try the original belt that was attached out of the box which seem more loose but we'll see.
about the pegs. Mine broker on the forearm side last time and I think it was when I was trying to push the wrist in with the pegs installed in the wrist while the peg twisted out of position. I try to avoid it now by paying more attention to aligning the peg straight for the "entry". I also flatten the forearm side of the peg a littel with my pliers to make it easier to insert and remove (dont overdo it as otherwise it will be too loose)
Also with the spare pegs included I pick another set of hands I like and just leave them in to have 4 sets of hands

I have been using my V1 belt on him for quite a while because it's got a looser fit and doesn't press into the rubber. Despite that, the residue still appeared. I still get a bit leaking out after the varnish I applied, but not nearly as much as before. Honestly it has to be something in the rubber in that particular area, though I couldn't tell you what.

I have been using my V1 belt on him for quite a while because it's got a looser fit and doesn't press into the rubber. Despite that, the residue still appeared. I still get a bit leaking out after the varnish I applied, but not nearly as much as before. Honestly it has to be something in the rubber in that particular area, though I couldn't tell you what.

Cr0w thing is at least with the compound I had at work, ones the residue starts to drool out in significant amounts the compound is changed. I think you already made some great effort in your attempt to save your batboy but I fear that the amount of residue that has leaked out of your suit may result in a more fragile rubber down the road and you should take up the offer to get it replaced. I am still in the early stage but you really should consider getting a new one. Rubber is only soft and flexible because of the oils in it so when those are extracted the rubber may just not last

I'm seriously considering getting it replaced, yeah. I just...I can't really explain just how tough it's going to be for me to destroy it.

I'm seriously considering getting it replaced, yeah. I just...I can't really explain just how tough it's going to be for me to destroy it.

I hear ya man... I think if I ever have to destroy a figure for replacement I'll make my wife do it. I just don't think I could do it.

Back