1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I hear ya man... I think if I ever have to destroy a figure for replacement I'll make my wife do it. I just don't think I could do it.

That's actually a great idea!!!:google
I bet she would enjoy it a lot... maybe too much so that your other figuers will be at risk though :lol

BTW I forgot to mention. When I opened one of my DX02 and went ahead to replace one of the hands. pulling the wrist and holding the gauntlet the whole forearm came out!!!:horror one of the clips was broken. It went back in and stays in place but will come out again when I try to pull the hand without holding the foerarm. I contacted HT 2 nights ago and they replied to me within like 5hours! I send in some pictures and Eric offered to get involved to get my replacement as quick as possible with one of his upcoming shipments. Don't worry not taking any of yours boys as I told them I am not in hurry so it will be a few weeks and I dont even know if it is going to be jsut the arm or what so we'll see :p

When Diamond finally gets these and starts distributing them, will they be from the 2nd batch or will there be a 3rd batch to fill those orders?

Also, could someone please sum up all the problems that have been noted with this figure? I'm new here and have read through a few dozen pages but with over 500 I doubt I'll get through all of them. I just want to be sure I check all the common problems on mine when I finally get it.

This will be my first Hot Toys figure and I also have the Battle Damaged Iron Man on order. When I'm paying this much for a collectible, I want to make sure there aren't any problems with it. Thanks for any help/guidance you can provide.

When Diamond finally gets these and starts distributing them, will they be from the 2nd batch or will there be a 3rd batch to fill those orders?

Also, could someone please sum up all the problems that have been noted with this figure? I'm new here and have read through a few dozen pages but with over 500 I doubt I'll get through all of them. I just want to be sure I check all the common problems on mine when I finally get it.

This will be my first Hot Toys figure and I also have the Battle Damaged Iron Man on order. When I'm paying this much for a collectible, I want to make sure there aren't any problems with it. Thanks for any help/guidance you can provide.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70755

That thread should cover everything. It's not too long to go through either.

...The only thing that bothers me is the cape, which doesn't sit nicely on the shoulder and the rather restricted shoulder reticulations due to the armor pad. Is there by any chance a custom made cape is still being made here? would like to have a custom one to replace the HT cape.

I am also wondering this. (Though I don't have my bats yet.)

OK, I checked the ab armor/ belt area today with it fitted on "tight" and I had a very small area of oil on the back side of the belt. I had the belt positioned below the lowest ab plates. The oil was not visible above the belt. The oil marks matched up with the area that was making contact with the suit, the "border" that runs along the outside of the ab plates. To be accurate in my description, the belt is snug but it's not so tight as to say I have to fight to get it on the figure, it snaps on rather easily...at this point I can only say that I have greatly reduced the amount of visible oil that appears on the ab armor by (1) cleaning the back of the belt as much as I can by wiping it down with a dry cloth and (2) shifting the belt down a bit so it doesn't make contact with the lower ab plates. I've run the belt tight & loose (relatively speaking) and that doesn't seem to have made as much a difference as I've had oil appear at both settings. It's really tough for me to conclude right now exactly what the exact origin of the oily residue is, whether its something that was applied to the belt, or excreted from the suit, or from an interaction between the two materials, which seems to me to be a more likely scenario given the fact that I got almost the same amont of oily residue on the back of the belt at both settings.

Using crOw's earlier photo, I've reduced the oil residue to the marked area as shown:
bd1.jpg

Last edited:

Got my shipping notice from Eric at Toys2 today wooohooo...just waiting for my UPS shipping conf. and I'll know when to expect it. Eric says its going out today!!! :D

ok another test that someonementioned here. I stole some of my wifes oil sucking paper :p I also cut a piece of plastic film which I sandwiched with the aforementioned paper and have it installed between the belt and belly. This should tell us
1) chemical interaction between belt and rubber and if not it be pressure related
2) source of hte residue being from the belt or the rubber
I installed it it in the tight position so we'll see if it will create more residue as well
Now it really looks like he has a diaper on the wrong way :D

^^^ I'm really afraid to ask exactly what oil sucking paper really is... ;) :D

Looking forward to your results!

I hear ya man... I think if I ever have to destroy a figure for replacement I'll make my wife do it. I just don't think I could do it.

^^^ I'm really afraid to ask exactly what oil sucking paper really is... ;) :D

Looking forward to your results!
I have no clue haha but its some japanese stuff "Gatsby" that she bought a pile load of last time we were in HK. I think it costs 4x more here. But now I am keeping one for my figures :lol

BTW the magnets are in the gun. The belt only has small little mteal pieces :)

Geil, did yours ever have oil on it?

aeh I have been reporting oil/residue for the past couple days and posts here.

update: I have checked on the fancy paper and oils has been cpatured only on the rubber side and none on the belt side. However it may still be left over from the rubber having it soaked in so I wil use a new sheet.

BTW now having installed the backpack I finally understand how the original cape is suppose to be installed though I still couldn't do it :p

I am also wondering this. (Though I don't have my bats yet.)

Ilforigno made mine and I thought I read that he is going to make more. Also read some other member was starting to make some :p

BTW now having installed the backpack I finally understand how the original cape is suppose to be installed though I still couldn't do it :p

Slide the clips in the slots in the suit at an angle & then push down...you should feel them pop in and they will lay flat at that point. If you slide some of the cloth in with the clips it will look better too.

Slide the clips in the slots in the suit at an angle & then push down...you should feel them pop in and they will lay flat at that point. If you slide some of the cloth in with the clips it will look better too.

That's the thing. Even knwoing how it works now I still can't do it :p the cape is stitched to the clip in the are that is suppose to go into the punch out so I coudn't get it in though I remember the V1 cape was not quite like that. Oh well I gave up almost right at the start and just moved to my Ilforgno capes :D looks soooo much better!

Back