1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

That's what I've been trying to get at and why I keep saying I feel like some of the HK FB reports are being blown out of scale.

There are clear QC issues like misshapen heads, peeling paint and issues with the sonar lenses, then there are small, "defect" marks which are common to mass produced figures, but because of the other problems, these common, unavoidable markings are getting more attention than ever and are being treated as if it's a defective figure and something that can be avoided.

I will not accept misshapen heads or peeling paint, but some of the other reported "defects" are common occurrances I find with any figure that has parts which are made through a mold process or anything that isn't fabric, it just happens. If you pursue a figure without any of that, odds are you're not going to find it and if you do, congrats because you've found a very rare gem.

Actually, I think some of the pics show how serious the problem is, especially the skin peeling issue... I don't think HK ppl will typically want to blow these things out of proportion.. after all, any person would want to save the fuss and just get a good product, especially when this is supposedly a product for fun. Nobody would like to change the figure again and again.

However, I do agree that there's one pic above that doesn't really have major defects (looks more like a hair on the armour) rather than the peeling off.

Regarding to PPerry's post asking ppl to rub the armour, I do not think it's wise to do so... I'd rather suggest if anyone who used to moderately pose/play with HT figures do the same with the DX batman and see what it comes up to over natural handling/playing of the figure. Intentionally rubbing it of course will not be the best way to prove if any defect is there.

Actually, I think some of the pics show how serious the problem is, especially the skin peeling issue... I don't think HK ppl will typically want to blow these things out of proportion.. after all, any person would want to save the fuss and just get a good product, especially when this is supposedly a product for fun. Nobody would like to change the figure again and again.

However, I do agree that there's one pic above that doesn't really have major defects (looks more like a hair on the armour) rather than the peeling off.

Regarding to PPerry's post asking ppl to rub the armour, I do not think it's wise to do so... I'd rather suggest if anyone who used to moderately pose/play with HT figures do the same with the DX batman and see what it comes up to over natural handling/playing of the figure. Intentionally rubbing it of course will not be the best way to prove if any defect is there.

At last i got people to understand HK fans' concerns, they did not intentionally blow these things out of proportion. There is no such concerns in the past......

HK fans are all your first line of defence, if they retreat and die down in the future, it's possible fragile, defective products will finally goto you.

They need your help, they need your support. If you still think they blow everything out, i am sad. If not, just goto the FB and put a little support comment is suffice.

So what is the advice on ordering one of these from Hong Kong now? Is it best to hold off?

I agree ..with everything he says PPerry

I think that a figure from this category .. and high price ..we can not allow these mistakes

I'm not saying every HK complainer was out of line or anything, but where not every complaint was follwed with photos, and some complaints with photos that weren't what I'd consider defects, I do wonder how big the problem was, I suspect that if you could trim down the returns/exchanges to just figures that had the warping issues or legitimate paint peeling problems, the situation would look better than it does, still not great, but having people complain over common markings of mass production just makes the situation seem like there is more of the real problems thant here are. One guy claimed to exchange 6 times and the last photo posted was of things i do not consider defects, so it makes me wonder how many of his 6 were legitimately defective and how many were too picky complaining.

I'm not saying every HK complainer was out of line or anything, but where not every complaint was follwed with photos, and some complaints with photos that weren't what I'd consider defects, I do wonder how big the problem was, I suspect that if you could trim down the returns/exchanges to just figures that had the warping issues or legitimate paint peeling problems, the situation would look better than it does, still not great, but having people complain over common markings of mass production just makes the situation seem like there is more of the real problems thant here are. One guy claimed to exchange 6 times and the last photo posted was of things i do not consider defects, so it makes me wonder how many of his 6 were legitimately defective and how many were too picky complaining.

I'm with you on this MF, I'm sure any legitimate problems will be put right, but I sense a lot of hyperbole is flying around on Facebook.
Doesn't make it any less annoying when you do get a defective product, but I too would be interested to see how widespread the problem ACTUALLY is. I remeber how concerned people got when the Appleseed figures first came out, but I still haven't heard of a huge amount of cases where there was a problem with them. I think a very vocal minority like to shout 'FIRE'.

It's just been a snowball effect, the seriousness of the legitimate defects starts making people go looking for anything wrong with the figure, and the price tag of the thing makes people take note of common markings and things that happen with production of these figures and those things start being seen as and treated as a defect. If there were no warped heads or flaking paint, I imagine some of these marks being reported and fussed over as defects would get overlooked. The real problems have put a magnifying glass to every little scuff and mark on this figure.

I've noticed that the figure has started to dry up as far as ebay sellers putting new listing up for them in Hong Kong (goodshipped and studiosunny). Do you think they've been a recall and sellers are waiting for the 2nd batch to be full swing before they try and sell them?

I've noticed that the figure has started to dry up as far as ebay sellers putting new listing up for them in Hong Kong (goodshipped and studiosunny). Do you think they've been a recall and sellers are waiting for the 2nd batch to be full swing before they try and sell them?

I'm sure either there's been a recall, or those sellers are at least hoping for some resolution but don't want to deal with customers. I'm sure it's best for them no matter what, to not ship figures that are likely to get them CS calls because of issues and to wait for other batches where they should be able to just ship it off and no worries.

Not sure if this has been posted, but HT are deleting some members posts from their FB page about the issues, not even offensive ones either.

Not sure if this has been posted, but HT are deleting some members posts from their FB page about the issues, not even offensive ones either.

Well, that's the one flaw with FB's structure, there aren't sections, all postings go in one area, HT probably wants visitors to be able to see other comments, they're trying to push their own newsletter and new products. It might be a bit shady looking to pull stuff, but at the same time, the problem's been raised, addressed, I don't see anything wrong with trying to move the FB page onto other things. I've even tried to add comments about other HT business on that page during all this and it's like tossing a leaf onto a river, the flow just sweeps it away as fast as I drop it, so hopefully it means other concerns/curiousities and what not will get HT attention because it doesn't have to be sifted out of all the other mess.

Well, that's the one flaw with FB's structure, there aren't sections, all postings go in one area, HT probably wants visitors to be able to see other comments, they're trying to push their own newsletter and new products. It might be a bit shady looking to pull stuff, but at the same time, the problem's been raised, addressed, I don't see anything wrong with trying to move the FB page onto other things. I've even tried to add comments about other HT business on that page during all this and it's like tossing a leaf onto a river, the flow just sweeps it away as fast as I drop it, so hopefully it means other concerns/curiousities and what not will get HT attention because it doesn't have to be sifted out of all the other mess.

Yeah, I think when people visits the FB the last thing they want the customers to see is "I return this item six times and still haven't got a perfect replacement" for about 100 posts.

Well not just that, but the big reason for the FB page is for communication and interraction with people, and there are people who have other things on their mind than just TDK QC issues and it's in HT's best interest to make those people feel like they have a chance to be heard as much as the TDK people.

Hot Toys really needs a site like FB with a structure like Freaks here, have a DC section and let all the comments about TDK be in there and have other sections for other commentary.

Well not just that, but the big reason for the FB page is for communication and interraction with people, and there are people who have other things on their mind than just TDK QC issues and it's in HT's best interest to make those people feel like they have a chance to be heard as much as the TDK people.

Hot Toys really needs a site like FB with a structure like Freaks here, have a DC section and let all the comments about TDK be in there and have other sections for other commentary.

Facebook has mass appeal though. It's more productive to keep everyone updated on there than have an official HT forum or some equivalent. Just look at the amount of people posting on their official site compared to FB.

I guess the safe way at this moment is to make a preorder and ignore the "ready in stock" ebay sellers.

Yeah, I'm just saying, with the way people get about these collectibles, as we've seen with this Batman, it'd be better if the posts at FB could be categorized by license, that way the information is there, but people aren't competing with people going on and on about something they're not interested in to get something they really care about up front on the site.

I guess the safe way at this moment is to make a preorder and ignore the "ready in stock" ebay sellers.

I'd advise it. As long as until wave 2 is confirmed to have no defects. I'd be better to wait until it reaches the states they better have ironed the kinks out by then. Otherwise there's no excuse.

@Maulfan

Do you think they need more than one HT page then? So people could go to the specific page of their collectibles.

I suppose they could do that. I'm just speaking from personal opinion and experience though.

Like I posted a few things on their FB with regards to Terminator stuff and I felt like those comments, which I care about, were getting swept away by all the TDK stuff and never going to get HT attention, and i just feel it would be nice if there were some way to break up the comments so all sorts of commentary could be seen. If HT's pulling down some of that stuff, I would assume it's partly in regards to my concern, that people with other commentary can post it and not have it lost in all the TDK madness.

So the preorder from BBTS would be the DC Direct shipment, right? Hopefully with no warping?

Back