1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

07.jpg

Is it just my eyes or does the batman without the cape looks slimmer? :confused:

ap_20090731093156813.jpg

ap_20090731093146387.jpg

07.jpg

Is it just my eyes or does the batman without the cape looks slimmer? :confused:

ap_20090731093156813.jpg

ap_20090731093146387.jpg

he does look slimmer doesnt he?

the one with the sticky gun looks like hes holding hes breath.

cameraman : say cheezeyy
batman : hmpphhh...

snap!

Last edited:

Optical illusion. The cape makes Batman look thicker, same case with the HT TDK Batman (non-dx v1), he looks slimmer without the cape.

you guys do realise these things are poseable, right? And that included the hips.. which makes the tum appear bigger or smaller. And posing changes how things look.

Seriously.. go play with your Hot Toys figures for a bit :lol

you guys do realise these things are poseable, right? And that included the hips.. which makes the tum appear bigger or smaller. And posing changes how things look.

:rolleyes:...

I don't compare those two figures there, I just compare the chest with the chest of the TDK V1. And I've played with my figures more than you think :D

yeah you're right. Hot Toys haven't done any work at all on this new figure :rolleyes:

Well, they haven't done much. Except add some cool accessories and heads.

They have had the time and references to get a slimmer/new material suit correct and it appears they have been too lazy to bother.

They have had the time and references to get a slimmer/new material suit correct and it appears they have been too lazy to bother.

Wouldn't it be a real stinker if they made a 3rd version come the 3rd film! :nono

Wouldn't it be a real stinker if they made a 3rd version come the 3rd film! :nono

I wouldn't be surprised at all honestly.....
Wouldn't shock me if they came out with a DX original costume.

Yup I have to concur. Hope they surprise us and improve the suit drastically. Otherwise, the DX line will get old really soon. New head + new accessories does not equal a deluxe release. If anything it could've been done as an expansion pack.

They really know how to devalue collectables. :/

he does look slimmer doesnt he?

the one with the sticky gun looks like hes holding hes breath.

cameraman : say cheezeyy
batman : hmpphhh...

snap!

Optical illusion. The cape makes Batman look thicker, same case with the HT TDK Batman (non-dx v1), he looks slimmer without the cape.

Agreed. Also .... YES HE IS SLIMMER IN THE CHEST AREA we all should notice by now.. but that doesnt mean he is slim enough at all....again.. seen this figure prototype in person for like twenty times and you guys won't be happy with the body when it arrived like that. (well unless u'd like a bulked up bale in the suit, be my guest)

hahaha :D yes makes me think of many collectors who are afraid of posing them too much (in which I totally understand) because they are scared that they will break. Therefore, buying an extra True-type body really helps one understand the mechanism of the figure and will allow the collector to pose the figure without the threat haha

Exactly. They NEED to address the major issues. Well they still have some time. hope they will fix it in time.

All are well at least the main big ones are $189 apart from BBTS.

This has got to be the most impulsive buying that I've ever done. The moment I saw the promo pix, I immediately ran to my dealer. Good thing, because there were only 2 pre-ordering slots remaining.

With all the chatter about the DX figure possibly being mostly the v1 recycled and the conflicting images of this figure floating around, I felt like doing some innvestigating on things, so as best I could, i took a photo of my v1 figure under the same lighting conditions and pose as one of the DX prototype images.

Using head height as my guide for scaling the photo of my figure to match the DX, this is what I found.

TDK5.jpg

If we can trust this image to be a close gauge of the difference between the 2 figures, then I'd say the overall size of the figure has been significantly improved.

I also made this image, comparing body to head proportions from figure to figure which doesn't require the scale between the 2 to be correct.

TDK6.jpg

The DX, even with a slimmer head, is basically the heads from shoulder to shoulder in width. The v1 with a slightly wider head is about 3 1/2 heads wide. If the DX head is widened a bit more to round it out to match the v1 shape, then the DX would be even less than 3 wide, so I do see a size difference between the two.

Maybe the DX has the overall shape of the v1 with the chest being the most noticeable change, but I do sincerely think the overall figure is slimmed down from the first release.

Thanks for the comparison pics maulfan both version looks great btw, I cant wait to get him!!!

Back