1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I don't think any company has been able to nail it perfectly.
MedTdkc.jpg

_MG_2530.jpg

_MG_2511.jpg

I don't want to get into the HT vs. Medicom thing, so I'll keep this brief. The pics you chose are of figures that have been modified/widened and repainted (by Tin and Rismo).

_MG_2528.jpg

It is a very good representation of the TDK cowl though.

I don't want to get into the HT vs. Medicom thing, so I'll keep this brief. The pics you chose are of figures that have been modified/widened and repainted (by Tin and Rismo).

_MG_2528.jpg

Yeh LOVE those mods.... totally upped the medicom figure. I think the HT sculpt now is fine. .. of course if they mod it it's better.. the biggest problem for me is still the body and the suit detail...the suit detail so far translates quite poorly ...or should i say .. not much difference from the 1st suit.

_MG_2528.jpg

Repaint aside, all that's needed to make the cowl spot on is widening a bit.

I'd say that's perfect enough as the modification is simple to do.

My point still stands. The fact that it requires any modification means...well, you know.

And while I am judging solely by sculpt, I do say that paint will either make or break a sculpt, and the Medicom...well, you know.

I'm not claiming either dx or medicom the winner. Neither is quite there. The dx looks quite similar to the medicom sculpt to my eyes.

My point still stands. The fact that it requires any modification means...well, you know.

And while I am judging solely by sculpt, I do say that paint will either make or break a sculpt, and the Medicom...well, you know.

I'm not claiming either dx or medicom the winner. Neither is quite there. The dx looks quite similar to the medicom sculpt to my eyes.

You are right plasmid... if a sculpt/figure still need mods to look THAT good. (especially only MINOR mods that can be EASILY made by the factory), then it's not good.

Your point reminds me again that this is a SECOND TIME that HT has a go on the DX batman and ALSO AFTER A WHILE that the medicom figure has released .

They should just get all the major details right.... and please improve on the suit and body . (yes still on this point, sorry folks).

Your point reminds me again that this is a SECOND TIME that HT has a go on the DX batman and ALSO AFTER A WHILE that the medicom figure has released .

They should just get all the major details right.... and please improve on the suit and body . (yes still on this point, sorry folks).

People still have anxieties about the DX despite the fact that HT LISTENS and you can read "Product shown is not final" written on the bottom center of every promo picture they released. :confused:

Last edited:

People still have anxieties about the DX despite the fact that HT LISTENS and you can read "Product shown is not final" written on the bottom center of every promo picture they released. :confused:

Consider the following examples friend:

Firstly, I guess you haven't seen the Spirit manufactered figures lately.. FAR from the prototype pictures (especially for The Spirit and Silken Foss) Only the Samuel Figure is closer to the prototype and of good/HT quality.

Another e.g. John Conner. The headsculpt is SO BAD that it warrant a large enough fan base to complain to them in which they make new heads to compensate for this situation.

Third example: the DX Joker. Many times did sideshow members forward colour changes pictures to HT and they say they will change blah blah. But till now only the shirt, tie and the police hat has been changed. (although these are minor concerns for me, but rather large concerns for other members which i understand) In fact, the newer police joker head looks worse than prototype.

Final E.g.: Remember The Dark Knight V.1 Batman figure ? The pics said the product shown stated that it is not final too. Which is true as they changed abit but yet.. the final product? --> Yes you are right... Mr. FATMAN! (the ironic thing is.. check out HT's website and the TDK figure's pics are still the old ones with the PRODUCT NOT FINAL words...

So yes. Ppl shall be worried even if it says "product shown not final" and I stand by my case. If you are fine with the figure, go ahead I fully understand and as I've said, higher quality means a better product to YOU too.

Consider the following examples friend:

Firstly, I guess you haven't seen the Spirit manufactered figures lately.. FAR from the prototype pictures (especially for The Spirit and Silken Foss) Only the Samuel Figure is closer to the prototype and of good/HT quality.

Yeah but the Spirit sucks anyways, HT just wanted to do justice to the film. :monkey5

Another e.g. John Conner. The headsculpt is SO BAD that it warrant a large enough fan base to complain to them in which they make new heads to compensate for this situation.

Hmmm I think there are a few people who could have been happy with the head as it was, but as I recall, Only a few people had them in hand. And SO BAD is an overstatement. It looked weird and off, not terrible. Also, HT have been experimenting with a new PVC method and they're still trying to get it right. Maybe it was from fan pressure but I have a feeling that they weren't up to HT's own standards so they recalled them and probably would have done so regardless. This is a good example of why HT has been developing a solid reputation, not a counter example to that.

Third example: the DX Joker. Many times did sideshow members forward colour changes pictures to HT and they say they will change blah blah. But till now only the shirt, tie and the police hat has been changed. (although these are minor concerns for me, but rather large concerns for other members which i understand) In fact, the newer police joker head looks worse than prototype.

We have about three to four more months left until its released. If they don't make these changes I'll be disappointed but it's still a great figure, the best Joker out there no doubt. And I have no reason to believe that the 'newer' police joker is even new and neither do you unless you know something I don't. As far as we know it's probably the same as the prototype and I doubt it's a final production piece. It's probably the lighting that's not very flattering and lighting and angle can do a lot. The hat looks weird though.

Final E.g.: Remember The Dark Knight V.1 Batman figure ? The pics said the product shown stated that it is not final too. Which is true as they changed abit but yet.. the final product? --> Yes you are right... Mr. FATMAN! (the ironic thing is.. check out HT's website and the TDK figure's pics are still the old ones with the PRODUCT NOT FINAL words...

Mr. Fatman? He's really not that bad. Do you have one in hand? I'm sure the people that do think he could go for a DEFINITE resize and he is a bit bulky but a lot of that has to do with the cape and optical illusion and he's still enjoyed. With a DX there's no real excuse to not get it near perfect though. And of course the TDK figure's pics are the older ones with Product not final, the final product is of the one in your hands and in the photo thread. I think all of their pics on the website are of spec pics and those are of prototypes. Dent hasn't been updated either and again that little change in paint apps is for the better.

so yeah I don't really understand your points, you basically give examples of situations where HT does update their products and for the better. The final TDK is better, final John Connor is better, the updates to the clothing on Joker so far are better, and the Spirit still sucks.

Back