1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

It may not be the final figure, but I really don't think it's the body/armor from the original figure either.

Maybe that's what the article meant, that they're still making modifications and the figure in the promo shots is the first rendering, that could make sense, but no way is it the figure from last year.

I'm pretty sure its been reported else where that its just the first suit until they get the new one done.

*edit* its probably in this thread so the fact its been questioned may mean its a bit bogus. :(

Last edited:

It may not be the final figure, but I really don't think it's the body/armor from the original figure either.

Maybe that's what the article meant, that they're still making modifications and the figure in the promo shots is the first rendering, that could make sense, but no way is it the figure from last year.

i completely agree with you and although the armor is improved I am waiting to see the improvements they make before production starts.

I love HT, but it looks like they're getting carried away with the "gritty" texturing.

I love HT, but it looks like they're getting carried away with the "gritty" texturing.

If you're referring to the skin and cowl and places, it always has to be more extreme on the prototype, it softens in the molding process so if it were as soft as a production figure would look, the mold would lose it all. Every production figure comes out with the texture much more subtle and realistic than the prototypes.

yeah but the cowl isnt suppose to have any texture at all.. it should be a smooth as a baby's bottom.

Further to that, why would this picture clearly state that the body in the pics is "newly developed"? etc

DX02_TDK_Batman_12.jpg

Surely if it was the old body, it wouldn't have that caption? Or is that just Hot Toys up to some funny tricks?

totally agree. love how some people argued this suit was an improvement and now we are told its just the old suit

The minimal texturing on the cowl is a non-issue for me. Under normal circumstances I don't think it be too noticeable, unless you were taking close-up photos or if it's a macro shot.

The neck has been mentioned a lot, I'm sure, and it looks even worse in new Toy Hunters display photos:

img1073.jpg

I wonder if the alleged "new" suit resculpt will address it.

totally agree. love how some people argued this suit was an improvement and now we are told its just the old suit

Well, the fit is better.

If you're referring to the skin and cowl and places, it always has to be more extreme on the prototype, it softens in the molding process so if it were as soft as a production figure would look, the mold would lose it all. Every production figure comes out with the texture much more subtle and realistic than the prototypes.

I don't think so mate. We have two Batman figs that has that same texture. Medicom's is as smooth as what venakin skywalker just said. One thing though. Before anybody decides to get on their high horse and think I'm pro Medicom. I'm no fanboy. As I said on the other thread. I'll criticize both figures if I have to. After all I had to modify a figure because I was not happy with it.

You should be more anal than me when it comes to detail, yet you don't pick up on these things. You can see it on every close up of the WB photo shoots.

Smooth. HT figure isn't. It's grainy like pitted.
2733673265_b217a18c71.jpg

3057001312_9b486f3416.jpg

Smooth. v1 isn't. It too is grainy. Again pitted like.
3287966876_dc44995473_b.jpg

3144750440_26d5e4e839.jpg

Smooth.
l839cb923dcbdd79711b861.jpg

Smooth.
3516857946_c71b09276a.jpg

I'm just saying. It's specifics.

I had been saying this since devil posted that little banner... but what do I know.

The minimal texturing on the cowl is a non-issue for me. Under normal circumstances I don't think it be too noticeable, unless you were taking close-up photos or if it's a macro shot.

The neck has been mentioned a lot, I'm sure, and it looks even worse in new Toy Hunters display photos:

img1073.jpg

I wonder if the alleged "new" suit resculpt will address it.

Well, the fit is better.

Any more pics from Toy hunters?

Because it clearly states underneath "Product shown is not final". Hell they could've put him in a chicken suit and it still wouldn't be considered false advertising because of that last line of text stating it's not final. :lol
S'pose. Even so, why would they state that the body shown in the pics is newly developed if it's the old one? :S 'Product final' or not

I'm not really fussed, just thought i'd point it out.

Good news Batfreaks! In the latest MILK magazine they say that the armor shown right now is from the previous version. The suit will be newly designed but they don't have it ready right now (why did they announce it then?).

Also there will be another character released in the line.........Gordon please :chew

That's incredible. Can't wait to see the new suit.

Can someone please clarify so I don't have to scan pages and pages of all the DX threads:

The Hot Toys DX Bats specs/pics are the old suit?

Hot Toys are doing another TDK character?

Can someone please clarify so I don't have to scan pages and pages of all the DX threads:

The Hot Toys DX Bats specs/pics are the old suit?

Hot Toys are doing another TDK character?

go back to page 86

go back to page 86

Cheers. :)

Good news Batfreaks! In the latest MILK magazine they say that the armor shown right now is from the previous version. The suit will be newly designed but they don't have it ready right now (why did they announce it then?).

Also there will be another character released in the line.........Gordon please :chew

What?! So even in the HT specs that is the v1 armour? Or just in the MILK mag? I don't buy that it is the v1. Guess just a slightly developed one to show off the accessories.

SO hope it is Gordon too, but would equally like a Bruce.

Well, I'm sure that one of the sellers on eBay said that they were making a new one, but didn't have the suit complete yet, or weren't happy with it, so were delaying their announcement.

Isn't it possible that the suit there is the one they're not happy with?

I mean, it makes no sense that they'd release official promo pictures of somethign they're not happy with, but it could have happened.

well, we sure need confirmation on this one :D
ask HT anyone?

I will say this.
Never has a figure that has looked so awesome, been so bashed.

It really does look bleedin' awesome.

Can't wait to own it :D

Back