1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

geez, just put him in your ignore list for heaven sake... :D

Even the way it looks now it appears to be a must have.

Yeah, but it's going to be a ^^^^^ to try and make a hong kong rooftop diorama :D

we need a 1/6 scale airplane, somebody quick send a request to HT LoL

Oh man, if the Tumbler is big, imagine an Airplane O.O

totally agree. love how some people argued this suit was an improvement and now we are told its just the old suit

Because it does look improved and new, and our source for it ever being anything but is a magazine, we don't know when they got those facts, often articles are written up well in advance of print. All we have is some article exists about DX Batman where HT commented on the suit not being a final one and that it was the suit off the first figure, we don't know when that conversation took place, what figure they were looking at. I go by what I can see and in all the photos, the new DX Batman looks dramatically slimmer and toned compared to the first TDK figure. It may also be a translation issue or misquote that the magazine saw the figure on the new body, but HT still isn't done improvements so the final figure will be even further, we just don't know.

The minimal texturing on the cowl is a non-issue for me. Under normal circumstances I don't think it be too noticeable, unless you were taking close-up photos or if it's a macro shot.

The neck has been mentioned a lot, I'm sure, and it looks even worse in new Toy Hunters display photos:

img1073.jpg

I wonder if the alleged "new" suit resculpt will address it.

Well, the fit is better.

I wonder if the neck is bad, or if the Sonar head is exaggerated in the back to allow the plug for the electronics. Something has to be done about the head for this, a 1/6 head with no sculpted neck is just too small a space to store batteries and the electronics to make it work, likely there's a switch in his back and a cable runs from the head to the back like Predator, but the cape and viewing angle won't let you see the cable or the excess head in the back. Time will tell, fortunately the sonar head's a novelty for me, as long as the normal head and neck look sharp together, that's my primary concern.

I will say this.
Never has a figure that has looked so awesome, been so bashed.
You've got a point there!! :lol

I think it's just people were expecting something completely different to the V1 in terms of how it looked, yet we get a relatively un-changed body from the V1.

Plenty of time yet though, and we all know HT are capable of changing their figs before they come out.

Sweet as a nut. :banana

You've got a point there!! :lol

I think it's just people were expecting something completely different to the V1 in terms of how it looked, yet we get a relatively un-changed body from the V1.

Plenty of time yet though, and we all know HT are capable of changing their figs before they come out.
Sweet as a nut. :banana

You can say that again
dutch&billy.jpg
DutchPreview.jpg

That's the exact figure that was racing through my thoughts as I was typing :D

we all know HT are capable of changing their figs before they come out.

You can say that again
dutch&billy.jpg
DutchPreview.jpg

Exactly why I question the validity of this magazine, the final Dutch is far from what was in a magazine early on. While HT continued to tweak the head to get Arnie's approval, the product shown when we were finally shown something official from HT was much closer to the final figure than the magazine shots. I have a hunch this magazine we're hearing about is a similar case, they saw something older, and HT's current photos are the most current rendition of the figure, with the legals of pending changes because of fan critique being used so much, tweaks on Two-Face, DX Joker, certainly the revamped Marcus Wright portrait. The figure may undergo further changes, but the figure in the photos Wookster posted, I have every confidence are a brand new figure, not the v1 with new heads, it just looks much better and different in the new photos than the figure I own.

That is highly possible, but darren seemed quite clear about what Milk magazine had stated. "they say that the armor shown right now is from the previous version. The suit will be newly designed but they don't have it ready right now". It's been deduced that the suit shown in the official images is identical to the V1 suit but more form-fitting and with different paint apps (if I've read correctly, which is difficult considering the posting habits on this board). If they weren't implying that particular suit, then which one?

I'm going to believe them on this one, for now. Plus, they've got a tip hinting to a new character for the TDK line, which is fantastic news and lends a bit of of weight to their claims.

Well, some articles are done months in advance, maybe this magazine did the article with HT but didn't publish it for a couple issues for some reason, if HT's busy, they may do the interview and article when HT can make an appointment but publish it when it's more fitting.

Again, without knowing much about the specific TDK article, hard to say just what it is we see in Wookster's pics, other than judging by our own eyes and I see an improved figure that I have a hard time imagine any piece is from the first figure.

Bottom line, the proto pics of DX02 look much improved over the MMS TDK figure, and with the not final text on them and HT's tendency to listen to fan feedback with a late 2009, early 2010 release, there's a good chance for further improvements.

On a sidenote:

WHOA!!!!

Found the test site for HT's new website. Click on Media for some new pics of Silk Spectre and possible hints of the next two Watchmen figs.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58945

So I click on this site and start checking around and I see this banner in the TDK section:

mmsthedarkknight.png

THAT does not look like the TDK Batman HT previously released:

lightened.png

Compare the shoulder/chest armor and head. DX TDK Batman? Hmmmm..

This was the link nikoniko posted:
https://test.hottoys.com.hk

This is the official Hot Toys Site:
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/store_closed.html

Same thing. So I think that settles it. That banner IS from HT. And that test site WAS real and will probably be what the new redesigned.updated site will look like. Good job with the find nikoniko!!!

interesting, so now im wondering whats up with batman there. why would they photoshop the v1 bats? Maybe it was part of an old concept PS for the DX and they just threw it up there? Anyways all of this stuff on new/old suit for the DX is confusing. I wonder if the OP on the subject can get a hold of some dates for the statements.

I definitely think that further down the line we will see a different figure to what we have in the current photos (I know i'm stating the obvious, as the pictures state the product isn't final). But I think the body may be entirely different and new. I can't see them doing much to the cowlsculpt or accessories? Maybe get rid of the wrinkles inbetween the eyes that the cowl has. Maybe change the mouthpieces a bit.

All this talk now, we will look back at it and think "Why did we ever doubt it!" :lol

And besides, I thought a change in the figure from the initial shots to the finished product is pretty much a given with Hot Toys? Magazine article or no magazine article!

I know some may be totally against this but I would love a nurse joker done right. With the wild hair and smiling head sculpt. I would totally understand where some would come from in not wanting another joker but I would love it.
Hell yeah, i'd buy it in an instant.
a newly developed body for the joins. I know i know another joker it is just wishfull thinking on my behalf.:D
Yep thats where the 'DX' innovation would be, a new covered join body!
NURSE JOKER, NURSE JOKER, NURSE JOKER HT! :D

Outbursts aside, i think those slightly newer pics of the DX bats figure on display a few pages back look great. Really, if they didnt make any changes, it would still be an easy easy buy for me!

I kinda get the feeling that the photos in the official pics that wookster posted are the "Newly Sculpted and developed Batman Complex Suit" and the reference that Darren talked about has to do with the magazine article pics.

Kinda hard to figure out.. especially after watching EdwardNygma's video and seeing his PJ's. :lol:lol:lol

I think it would be REALLY weird and to my knowledge a first, if HT actually took a crap load of Official Spec/Prototype pics with a reused body (v.1 TDK Batman) + new accessories + new heads and if ToyHunters displayed 2 figures that were essentially the same thing. This isn't like the original v.1 that was displayed and then fixed. That's understandable. But to display and advertise a brand new figure that's using a place-holder body from a previous figure is something I've never seen before.

At this point, all I care is what I see in Wookster's photos, I see a figure I like the look of, and know in the back of my mind, the final thing should be equal or probably even better, so nothing to worry about.

Now if only it were shipping in like 4 months :lol

Man, I step away for one night to be with the family and all hell breaks loose. Sheesh. You guys are going to be the death of me.

Anyway, I hope we are getting another character (Scarecrow or Gordon prefered) and I hope there are some more tweaks to the DX Batman.

Now please keep this thread in line. I don't want to lock it.

Back