1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Good news Batfreaks! In the latest MILK magazine they say that the armor shown right now is from the previous version. The suit will be newly designed but they don't have it ready right now (why did they announce it then?).

Also there will be another character released in the line.........Gordon please :chew

nice :)
maybe a scan of that article?

+ why did they release it? because once a teaser is released, collectors go nuts so they wanted to temper our lust :)

Some more pics:
img1070s.jpg

img1082r.jpg

img1084c.jpg

img1073.jpg

Awesome new! Batman has no limits :chew :chew

Another character I guess Nurse Joker, New Two face, Gordon

source please because I find both these hard to believe.

If darren1228 finds the news, it's usually good info!

I was told ages ago that Gordon was a no go... but things do change. So my guess is Alfred, with an outside chance on a standalone Bruce Wayne for the people that get the DX Bats, perhaps he'll come with his bikers leathers as well!

:confused: Do you mean short?

umm... yeah. that too :banghead

(my head's all mushy, been sculpting last few days trying to perfect a likeness... long days + tiny details + having to resculpt things = I type the wrong things) :lol

Hopefully, if any, just the good ones.

I imagine any changes have to be approved by the license holder and Hot Toys may not agree with all suggestions anyway, but it worries me when a couple people get ideas in their head and immediately send them off to Hot Toys as suggestions speaking on behalf of the collecting community. Not directing that at anyone specific, just a general statement regarding folks that like to do this stuff. Some of it is most definitely correct and good for HT to see, but some of it comes down to more personal perspective and I don't always agree. Some folks that came up with inner lining color manipulations for Joker's coat used awful looking shades I'd hate for the figure to come with and would be happier with the prototype look, even if innaccurrate. I'm more in favor of sending film stills and promo photos from the movie in the event Hot Toys hadn't seen those images and pointing out differences you spot and let them look at the source and make the judgement, which is what I did with Two-Face, I gave Wookster all my high res scans from Cinefex to let Hot Toys see how the damaged side looked.

well said, maulfan. i totally agree. sometimes it's presumptuous and even a little dangerous to start picking apart a prototype and making all sorts of "suggestions" that apparently improve the figure.

having said that, certain glaring oversights and omissions (eg: the lack of a bale headsculpt or a "glider" cape) should be brought to hot toys' attention. since the dx is meant to be the best possible version of a figure, no effort should be spared in giving us collectors as much value and quality for our money. it's only fair, seeing how expensive these figures are.

and it's certainly very heartening to know ht IS indeed reading our feedback and even acting on some of them. the dx joker seems to be evidence of this. and that's the hallmark of a responsible and conscientious company.

That's great if the news about it being the old body is true. Suddenly something has just clicked inside me and I've got a feeling Hot Toys are gonna absolutely blow us all away. Ohhhh ^^^^! :lol

I've never been too convinced when people say they'd like a Gordon figure but if Hot Toys are doing another I'd love a Gordon with full swat and detective outfits, I could live without another joker but a Gordon would be superb.

awesome news!
newly design suit and another character!
i might as well just hand down my bank account book to you HT :D

Awesome new! Batman has no limits :chew :chew

Another character I guess Nurse Joker, New Two face, Gordon

Two Face ain't happening. Wookster confirmed this.

I know some may be totally against this but I would love a nurse joker done right. With the wild hair and smiling head sculpt. I would totally understand where some would come from in not wanting another joker but I would love it.

...and the knee and arm/wrist/neck joints?

well in that case this is great news. But I agree why would they show it off if the suit was not the suit being used.

From the magazine scan, the body does look big. Proto pics, a tad smaller.

I'm thinking MILK (?) got the heads and gear from HT and just put them onto the old body for a quick article.....

From the magazine scan, the body does look big. Proto pics, a tad smaller.

I'm thinking MILK (?) got the heads and gear from HT and just put them onto the old body for a quick article.....

ow...
*come back to a quite state after having a minute of this dance -> :chew

Good news Batfreaks! In the latest MILK magazine they say that the armor shown right now is from the previous version. The suit will be newly designed but they don't have it ready right now (why did they announce it then?).

Also there will be another character released in the line.........Gordon please :chew

I question on the armor, the entire body setup looks slimmed down and everything in all the official photos Wookster posted, great if they're modifying it, but it doesn't look like the first figure, it's quite improved over it, even if not perfect.

well said, maulfan. i totally agree. sometimes it's presumptuous and even a little dangerous to start picking apart a prototype and making all sorts of "suggestions" that apparently improve the figure.

having said that, certain glaring oversights and omissions (eg: the lack of a bale headsculpt or a "glider" cape) should be brought to hot toys' attention. since the dx is meant to be the best possible version of a figure, no effort should be spared in giving us collectors as much value and quality for our money. it's only fair, seeing how expensive these figures are.

and it's certainly very heartening to know ht IS indeed reading our feedback and even acting on some of them. the dx joker seems to be evidence of this. and that's the hallmark of a responsible and conscientious company.

Glaring things like a lack of Bale head or cape wires is one thing, but things like cape length (which can be argued as a matter of personal preference), color and tint of the kevlar and details like that which can be very much influenced by personal perspective, I feel should be voted on and only things supported by the majority of voters should be submitted, and granted, we are all still a very small part of the collecting community so for us to speak on behalf of thousands of people over some things just doesn't seem right, but again, there are things that are without question worth noting, like ensuring the Joker's coat comes out purple, that's just a fact, it's a purple coat, not black like many v1 coats came out as.

img1073.jpg

Going by this image, looks like the sonar head plugs in like the Predator, just hope the plugs are subtle, on the Predator it blends well but so far this back head shot is pretty glaring that it's there, granted you won't be looking at that head from a back view much if at all. Do hope the regular head is more flush to the back of the neck though.

A new character? If it isn't Gordon then I hope it's a fully decked out Wayne, or even Ra's!!!

Yes I can dream.

Duh...hence the dream comment.

Batman Begins is still listed on their site as a licence.

Back