MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet pic, IronPin! :) That is exactly what I'm going to do once mine arrives...pose him next to my Mark 7. They look great together!

Thank you!

I have the MkIII on order and I am curious about what it will look like next to War Machine. War Machine may take away a bit from the MKIII because it is more advanced and so it might look better with your 43, but I would love to see more pictures of the MkIII and WM MKII to be sure.

Here is my Mark III next to my War Machine MK2 (Non AOU Version). Sorry for the horrible lighting, I really need a good lighting setup.

DSC_2733.JPG

I really like both figures. The height difference doesn't really bother me. I am now wondering after reading the other posts on this topic where the diecast content is on this figure. I love the weight to it but if that is all that diecast contributes to the final product then I would probably rather have a lighter, cheaper figure. Another pic of my favorite set of IM figs:

DSC_2736.JPG

Now please bring on a diecast (or equivalent plastic version) Mark V and VI !!

The fact that he's shorter than cap in this pic makes me :slap

I know, right? This is what bugs me about this Mark III. He also looks like his arms are
too long when resting to his sides. Maybe it is the length of the thighs that is throwing everything off. :gah:

I think Robert Downey Jr is shorter than Chris Evans.

This is correct, but once inside the suit I am pretty sure that height difference is gone.
The figure. He is about a half-a-head too short.

I know, right? This is what bugs me about this Mark III. He also looks like his arms are
too long when resting to his sides. Maybe it is the length of the thighs that is throwing everything off. :gah:

This is correct, but once inside the suit I am pretty sure that height difference is gone.

Tony is 5'9 and in the suit he's 6'5 :lol

this DC Mk III is a smaller run or so many people wanted it the volume has dried up quite fast. Very few e-tailers have spare stock out of their allotment. This is a iconic armor so it should not last too long and will command a premium soon.

fair enough :)

People still going by actors heights...

the_avengers__2012__height_chart___corrected_by_d_amj_c-d5byz8z.png

Nice chart, thanks. And this makes sense, except while I am sure he would be taller in the suit I am not sure how wearing it could make him 8 inches taller? Gaining a few inches or so for the thickness of the helmet on top of his head and the thickness of the armor on the soles of his feet is understandable, but unless his legs or torso grows longer inside the suit or his feet only goes down to his shins like he's is on stilts with armored false feet I am not sure how he can gain 8 inches. Of course I can suspend belief about this for the sake of the films, but let's not pretend these height's are anything more than what's made up and are often inconstantly represented in the movies too. Movies cheat height all the time and who know what the scale of these things would actually be in real life. I wonder if to get the MKIII figure taller and keep it true to the proportions we see on screen if they would have to make his head bigger? His head looks the right size on the figure the way it is and I am sure they didn't want to change that because that would be worse than having him a bit shorter.

Here is my Mark III next to my War Machine MK2 (Non AOU Version). Sorry for the horrible lighting, I really need a good lighting setup.
DSC_2733.JPG

I really like both figures. The height difference doesn't really bother me....

Thanks for sharing! :clap The height difference is a bit distracting but not so much that it can't be hidden some in the way they are posed.

This is a real nice set up :) Height difference doesn't seem as bad here with the shorter one in front either.

Now please bring on a diecast (or equivalent plastic version) Mark V and VI !!

I'm wanting a new diecast of (or new equivalent plastic version) of Mark VI and VII

Well I am a proponent of 'suspending one's belief' and not over analysing discrepancies like this (height being a tad short) To each their own though.

That chart is absurd. No human could fit in a suit that is 6'5 with a 5'9 frame with proportional limbs it is silly to even draw that parallel he is that tall in the suit. Sometimes we just need to go easy trying to make our fantasy dollies be so realistic in applications to the Nth degree of realism. In the movies RDJ always wears pumps and lifts or stands in perspective shots to make him look taller. We all know he is a short man, but who would want a midget iron man standing next to Captain America or Thor?

It is silly to not want a figure because it is a half inch smaller than some dumb chart. There are ways to display figures to make them appear taller/shorter on display. Throwing 30 iron man marks on a table with static shock poses looks way more goofy and like cheap dollies than a half inch height difference on a well posed display. Just my opinion.

As long as there is consistency across the height of the figures, the realism of actual actor height applied to the figures just doesn't seem like a big deal for me. :huh

That chart is absurd. No human could fit in a suit that is 6'5 with a 5'9 frame with proportional limbs...

Exactly... The only way it would work is if he was Mr Fantastic and could stretch his arms, legs, and torso, to fit inside.
IMheight.jpg

That chart makes the decision for me, Bransen. No diecast Mark III for me.

Thanks for that!!! :clap

Really?

I mean, really?

You're going to forego an awesome looking figure at a reasonable price for half an inch? Maybe 5/8s an inch?

Are you a carpenter for a living? Even they can use shims! lol

Back