MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your average bad lighting pic... Sucks that he's noticeably shorter.

f73ef8f33132a3c461dea651f65365c5.jpg

First world problems; waiting for your shipment while it sits in the local FedEx facility for a day or so.
I just hope the guy doesn't throw it over the front fence when it arrives.

Photos look amazing, everyone. :clap

In fairness the AOU Cap is taller than the FA Cap too, Iron Man isn't the only charachter who's height has varied between figures. I wonder if the MKIII would look better height wise with the First Avenger Cap?

So um there's no reason why I can't have this guy in the landing pose without a stand and touching the glass shelf directly right? Won't hurt paint or anything?

If you can get him into 3 point landing, please share. I tried my best with no luck. The left leg won't come out wide enough. Removing the torso was like pulling teeth, I might not want to go through that again.

I know, right? This is what bugs me about this Mark III. He also looks like his arms are
too long when resting to his sides. Maybe it is the length of the thighs that is throwing everything off. :gah:

This is correct, but once inside the suit I am pretty sure that height difference is gone.
The figure. He is about a half-a-head too short.

I saw THE RDJ film-worn M3 suit at Arclight, Hollywood opening weekend and the first thing I noticed was that it was short. RDJ is pretty short. I met him some years back at a photoshoot and he is definitely NOT 5'9 which is Tony's height and then we have Iron Man listed at what, 6'5?. Anyway in either case the M3 suit really SHOULD be shorter IMO.

Last edited:
Robert is closer to 5'6 -5'7 and I've met him enough to tell you he's a small guy. The only real talll guy is Chris Hemsworth

What dynamic stand is that that's holding him parallel to the ground at such a low height??!!

I have an extra tasm dynamic stand. Unfortunately because of the weight, the rod just goes down that's why it's that low. It's too bad, it has a perfect flight pose. It has a pretty good head extension.

Quick crap iPhone pics of all 4. They are the exact same height. HT did not change the height of the DC III. He is definitely a load more bulky and to a fault with the skinny legs. The legs are about the same size as the old 3 versions. The red is way too red. It is beautiful, metallic and really red. So it falls in line now with the original 7 a sheen like the mark vii but still brightest of the four main red suits in the original seven. Love the top bulk and thickness. Definitely an improvement over the past marks in proportions, but it does have flaws. Still glad to have him in the fold.

These pics really show how bad the bd Mark iii is. Worst proportion armor HT ever made. :lol

If you can get him into 3 point landing, please share. I tried my best with no luck. The left leg won't come out wide enough. Removing the torso was like pulling teeth, I might not want to go through that again.

Look at the left knee. It was only after an hour of futzing that I realized the left knee can bend one click more than what you'd expect. Just be gentle.

Also, it took me awhile to realize there are 3 buttons on the back. One that releases the legs from the torso, one that releases the upper half from the torso, and at the very bottom is a button that drops the legs lower so that you can bend him easier for the 3 point landing.

Try those. Make sure to move the flaps around the leg out of the way. You'll need all the extra room you can get. It definitely wasn't easy.

Back