MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The baby legs were true to the screen version though. The proportions of the MkIII were off to start with and Hot Toys simply followed what was shown on the movie.

Yeah I know,just looks worse in 1/6 form. Proportions are all over the place with this figure/suit and it wasnt nearly as distracting in the film but whatevs on to the next HT Ironman.

That mk4 is sexy :yess: screw the mk3 just make mk4-mk6 diecast and i can die happy. :duff

GIF-agree-approval-approves-nod-Oh-Yes-satisfied-Snoop-Snoop-Dogg-yep-yes-GIF.gif

Humour me on this one...apart from the weight, how are you expecting a diecast Mk6 to be different?

Humour me on this one...apart from the weight, how are you expecting a diecast Mk6 to be different?

Articulation and weapon options, lights, proportions. Want to pull off the Reindeer Games pose...

Gotcha, so it doesn't have to be diecast specifically. I'm holding out for a 1/4 with all those options.

Finally got this baby, after a year of waiting...its a beautiful figure. The best looking suit out of the 45 we've seen...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Gotcha, so it doesn't have to be diecast specifically. I'm holding out for a 1/4 with all those options.

True that, I suppose I am incorrectly using the diecast term in favour of a 2.0
It also comes down to availability for me, The Mk 6 isn't the easiest to find for sale anymore.

I think most people (me included) who promote the idea of a possible diecast Mark 6 more are looking forward to the possibility of a new, updated version of that figure... I too would be tempted if they did a 1/4 with those options although with that being one of my favourite suits I would probably try and see if I could budget for both (if they ever happened).

Diecast does have a nice weight to it, and I was impressed with the 43 in comparison to Python and Silver Centurion which are the other 2 IM figures I have, but it doesn't take away from those figures and it wouldn't be a deal breaker in terms of if I had to sell 1 or more of them to determine if it was to be kept or not.

Thanks, I have that Cap and I plan to get the AOU Thor which looks a lot like that one. It's good to see what these look like together, all of these have the classic comicbook look and feel to them.

Well, it only took me several hours to get the perfect pose. Seems like the left leg will bend at the knee one click further than expected in order to get the foot flat on the ground. BE CAREFUL WHEN BENDING!

It wasn't easy, but I'm extremely happy with hour he looks on the shelf.

hd9sxxW.jpg

Well if you get in the mood to repose him, I would love to see more pics of the MkIII with War Machine MK2. I have the Mk2 and thinking about selling it but if he looks good with the MkIII I may reconsider.

True that, I suppose I am incorrectly using the diecast term in favour of a 2.0
It also comes down to availability for me, The Mk 6 isn't the easiest to find for sale anymore.

I think most people (me included) who promote the idea of a possible diecast Mark 6 more are looking forward to the possibility of a new, updated version of that figure... I too would be tempted if they did a 1/4 with those options although with that being one of my favourite suits I would probably try and see if I could budget for both (if they ever happened).

Diecast does have a nice weight to it, and I was impressed with the 43 in comparison to Python and Silver Centurion which are the other 2 IM figures I have, but it doesn't take away from those figures and it wouldn't be a deal breaker in terms of if I had to sell 1 or more of them to determine if it was to be kept or not.

I've been saying the same thing too. I keep saying I want diecast remakes of the original seven, but what I really mean is that I want updated figures of the original seven. Plastic or diecast, I really don't care either way. If the original figures weren't so expensive nowadays, I'd have settled on those and bought them a long time ago. For now, I'll hope for the best and wait for remakes. For the Mark VI in particular, hopefully we'll see another 1/6 though I'd welcome a 1/4 with arms outstretched.

Cool vid review by Danoby2...we did a collaboration and i shared my thoughs as a guest surprise entry. :)

Nice review. It's unfortunate that there isn't more diecast and articulation. At least it still looks very very nice, and I don't have to have all of my figures super articulated anyway. Still looking forward to mine.

Cool vid review by Danoby2...we did a collaboration and i shared my thoughs as a guest surprise entry. :)

Thank you both for the review, I can't wait till my figure ships. This will be my first Iron Man! The video at one point makes a big deal about the lack of ab articulation and one reviewer laments that they can't think of why they would not include the same kind of articulation we see in Iron Patriot. I wonder though when it comes to the question of "why" they didn't if it has to do with the already narrow waist of the design of the armor in the movie. I don't have the original MKIII figure, but looking at pictures of the waist on that version it seems even narrower than it should be as it fits up under the rib cage as a separate piece so that it can twist. My guess is that Hot Toys felt that in this particular case they had to choose accuracy over articulation and was more limited because of the tapering narrower V shaped waist of the MKIII design. Just my guess, but I am sure that in developing these kinds of figures they have to make hard choices based on a lot of factors that are easy to armchair Quarterback later but aren't in reality decisions that came easy during development. Anyway, in the end I like this product and I am glad the reviewers did too despite what they confess are a few "nitpicks".

As for the lack of diecast used in the "diecast" figure, I think it's understandable being disappointing about this when they go out of their way to market it as a diecast figure. It's not the reason I am buying it, but I understand the criticism.

Thank you both for the review, I can't wait till my figure ships. This will be my first Iron Man! The video at one point makes a big deal about the lack of ab articulation and one reviewer laments that they can't think of why they would not include the same kind of articulation we see in Iron Patriot. I wonder though when it comes to the question of "why" they didn't if it has to do with the already narrow waist of the design of the armor in the movie. I don't have the original MKIII figure, but looking at pictures of the waist on that version it seems even narrower than it should be as it fits up under the rib cage as a separate piece so that it can twist. My guess is that Hot Toys felt that in this particular case they had to choose accuracy over articulation and was more limited because of the tapering narrower V shaped waist of the MKIII design. Just my guess, but I am sure that in developing these kinds of figures they have to make hard choices based on a lot of factors that are easy to armchair Quarterback later but aren't in reality decisions that came easy during development. Anyway, in the end I like this product and I am glad the reviewers did too despite what they confess are a few "nitpicks".

As for the lack of diecast used in the "diecast" figure, I think it's understandable being disappointing about this when they go out of their way to market it as a diecast figure. It's not the reason I am buying it, but I understand the criticism.

Its because they reused the Mark III Construction torso piece...can't think of any other reason to do it.

Question, does anyone arc reactor have a low dim when the lights in the room are off and the switch for it is off but the batteries are in? I'm afraid is draining the batteries by giving it that low glow, I got mine yesterday but I set it on a desk and noticed that something was on, like the glow you get when you turn off a light bulb... Just wanted to ask if it was mine or if anyone noticed it

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Back