MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That chart makes the decision for me, Bransen. No diecast Mark III for me.

Thanks for that!!! :clap
:clap
Really?

I mean, really?

You're going to forego an awesome looking figure at a reasonable price for half an inch? Maybe 5/8s an inch?

Are you a carpenter for a living? Even they can use shims! lol

Well for a $300 figure they better make it close as possible. That height is way off and not excusable since they've been getting his height correct all this time.

:clap

Well for a $300 figure they better make it close as possible. That height is way off and not excusable since they've been getting his height correct all this time.

Exactly. Well put, sir.

Really?

I mean, really?

You're going to forego an awesome looking figure at a reasonable price for half an inch? Maybe 5/8s an inch?

I am not buying into the camp of him being that much taller than Captain America once inside the suit...
I think that 6' 5" is a typo, lol.

That being said, they should at least be the same height. That much is for sure.

If you look at that side-by-side, Iron Man looks stumpy compared to Cap.
When you are working with 1/6 scale, a half and inch can make a hell of a difference
if the figure is too short compared to another figure from the same team.

That is why I am not forking over $300+ for this Mark III.

Also, just to note... I don't think he is all that reasonable of a price. They charge more by throwing
him in the "DIECAST" series, then skimp on the amount of diecast put into the figure, re-use an accessory
for the special bonus piece, and also do not bother to re-configure the torso to articulate it properly.

Just my opinion, but if you tack on all of this to the height issue, how great of a value is this guy?

Last edited:
Question, does anyone arc reactor have a low dim when the lights in the room are off and the switch for it is off but the batteries are in? I'm afraid is draining the batteries by giving it that low glow, I got mine yesterday but I set it on a desk and noticed that something was on, like the glow you get when you turn off a light bulb... Just wanted to ask if it was mine or if anyone noticed it

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

I noticed that when I move it to the off position, it seems like there is still a small glow coming from the light. If I mess with the switch a little bit it finally turns off completely. Very strange.

Also, just to note... I don't think he is all that reasonable of a price. They charge more by throwing
him in the "DIECAST" series, then skimp on the amount of diecast put into the figure, re-use an accessory
for the special bonus piece, and also do not bother to re-configure the torso to articulate it properly.

Just my opinion, but if you tack on all of this to the height issue, how great of a value is this guy?

We have Play Imaginative to thank for the whole die cast fiasco. HT jumped the gun and dove head first to squelch any 1/6 diecast alternatives when the Mark VII came out. I think they realize the process to make the figures is (for whatever numerous reasons you want to insert here) not worth the full effort to make a near 100% metal figure.

I do believe (IMO) the die cast pieces will dwindle down for them as we are now seeing significantly less % of die cast in theses figures such as WL MKII, Robocop and now this MK III that is having less of it included. They could be including less and less to get themselves out of the DC business by making the customer B & M be more inclined to just take the figures as 100% plastic again. The interesting metric would be how much the diecast pieces cost over all plastic.

Knowing HT they will removed the die cast and charge the same amounts moving forward though unfortunately.

Either you want or you don't. Still worth it especially for someone who didn't have the orginial, classic armor. Love this figure.
Here's some of my pics! Hawkeye is coming this thurs. I'm almost complete with my Avengers line-up!
DSC_1460.jpg
DSC_1456.jpg
DSC_1481.jpg
DSC_1485.jpg
DSC_1489.jpg
DSC_1496.jpg
DSC_1506.jpg
DSC_1508.jpg
DSC_1523.jpg

Either you want or you don't. Still worth it especially for someone who didn't have the orginial, classic armor. Love this figure.
Here's some of my pics! Hawkeye is coming this thurs. I'm almost complete with my Avengers line-up!
View attachment 207504

Amazing pics! :clap I especially like this one.

You just reminded me why I never once considered cancelling this figure. It looks incredible!

View attachment 207504
View attachment 207505
View attachment 207506
View attachment 207507
View attachment 207508
View attachment 207509
View attachment 207510
View attachment 207511
View attachment 207512

Wow! Amazing pics and poses. I'll have to steal a few of those when mine gets here. Excellent work.

We have Play Imaginative to thank for the whole die cast fiasco. HT jumped the gun and dove head first to squelch any 1/6 diecast alternatives when the Mark VII came out. I think they realize the process to make the figures is (for whatever numerous reasons you want to insert here) not worth the full effort to make a near 100% metal figure.

I do believe (IMO) the die cast pieces will dwindle down for them as we are now seeing significantly less % of die cast in theses figures such as WL MKII, Robocop and now this MK III that is having less of it included. They could be including less and less to get themselves out of the DC business by making the customer B & M be more inclined to just take the figures as 100% plastic again. The interesting metric would be how much the diecast pieces cost over all plastic.

Knowing HT they will removed the die cast and charge the same amounts moving forward though unfortunately.

Sadly, I think you are correct. I don't see the DIECAST series going too much further along.

I am not buying into the camp of him being that much taller than Captain America once inside the suit...
I think that 6' 5" is a typo, lol. That being said, they should at least be the same height. That much is for sure.

Again, that may not be possible while also trying to maintain screen actuate proportions. I bet if you were able to compare the 3D models they used across the movies you would find plenty of variances to the height and other proportions between them. These proportions get cheated and manipulated all the time in the movies for the sake of making it look the way they want in various scenes. It's probable that Iron Man isn't consistently the same height throughout the films when you consider how much of it is CG.

I can appreciate wanting the IM figures be the same height, Ideally I'd like that too when lining these up together, but making him taller would change the proportions and they look really screen accurate to me as it is. I think the priority is to make the figure accurate in relationship to itself first, it looks like that's what they did. Looking at Breadstickman's pics I think they got it right! I can hide the height difference through how he and other figures are posed near each other the same way they hide the height differences of the actors when they want to. I agree with Breadstickman, "either you want it or you don't" and I am glad I just got my notice that mine is shipping soon :)

DSC_1460.jpg
View attachment 207505
View attachment 207506
View attachment 207507
View attachment 207508
View attachment 207509
View attachment 207510
View attachment 207511
View attachment 207512

I got mine today but the face plate for the lighted helmet has a minor problem. The magnet slipped off so the face plate isn't sticking. It's no problem I will notify SS and they send me a new face plate with the magnet holding well. I think I heard this has been a common problem with this diecast Mark 3.

Thank you guys! This figure IMO is the best looking IM figure right now. Simple & classic. Articulation is a step down but still posable. You just need to be imaginative & creative. 43/42 has the best articulation but I've still seen terrible poses.

Again, that may not be possible while also trying to maintain screen actuate proportions. I bet if you were able to compare the 3D models they used across the movies you would find plenty of variances to the height and other proportions between them. These proportions get cheated and manipulated all the time in the movies for the sake of making it look the way they want in various scenes. It's probable that Iron Man isn't consistently the same height throughout the films when you consider how much of it is CG.

I can appreciate wanting the IM figures be the same height, Ideally I'd like that too when lining these up together, but making him taller would change the proportions and they look really screen accurate to me as it is. I think the priority is to make the figure accurate in relationship to itself first, it looks like that's what they did. Looking at Breadstickman's pics I think they got it right! I can hide the height difference through how he and other figures are posed near each other the same way they hide the height differences of the actors when they want to. I agree with Breadstickman, "either you want it or you don't" and I am glad I just got my notice that mine is shipping soon :)

I agree with what your saying. People expect everything to be screen accurate, even though there are at least two actors in the suit in the film, there are multiple CG models and tweaks, some is full CG and some is blended with actor and CG...then they want uniform height when the suit changes twice a film, the molds change for the practice suit, the stunt guys not always the same, the sculptor or designer may vary and all that. They want it to exactly match all of that, from every angle. It's just not possible. They want the suit to be super articulated, when in th film the actor usually doesn't even wear th full thing becuase he can't actually move in it. Then when hot toys (or whom ever) translate it to a functional 3d figure people not pick it and say it's not accurate or its not the same as another suit. Not accurate to what, I say. Lol just like the color debate. It matches some parts of the film but not others. There is no 100% screen accurate color, as the film used three or four different colors. Given that RDJ and marvel both signed off on the suit I'd say it's got the approval it needs and buy those that know what it should look like.

If you want it to be completly accurate you would need a seperate suit for every scene. Hot toys goes thru all that and comes up with one design, with input and approval from the people who designed the suit, own the rights, and wore it and acted in it in the film, and comes up with the figure they think it should be to represent the character from the entire film. Like it, don't like it. That's an ashtetics thing. But saying its becuase the figure is 2 centimeters to talk or to short or to red or not red enough or the torso doesn't move enough or its not screen accurate...again..accurate to what?

Back