MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had a dime for every time I saw the word "cancel" in this thread, I could probably afford the Mark 2 that Hot Toys will inevitably make by repainting the Mark 3 and everyone will hate too. [emoji38]

Just teasing. Now I can see why people are so upset over this figure. The irritating design blunders seem to keep appearing. I'm still gonna stick with it though since it's the classic Iron Man armor.

The original Mk3 has this ankle pivot? I don't have it, and cant look for a review right now...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The IM figures has really come along way. This old mk3 got a 4 star review & it looks bad. I guess that's the best they had at that time.
Haha yup. When I first began collecting Hot Toys, I was looking on ebay to get the original Mark III because it was the most reasonably priced of the first 7 armors. So glad, I passed ... that thing is so scrawny ha

According to that review the original's ankles don't have much movement either because of the way the armor is designed.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Hopefully I'll be able to pick this figure up on ebay for under retail in the future since so many seem to hate it. I only pose my figures in a museum-esque and this figure looks pretty damn good in that pose as long as you use the shoulder pieces to hide that unsightly gap.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick this figure up on ebay for under retail in the future since so many seem to hate it. I only pose my figures in a museum-esque and this figure looks pretty damn good in that pose as long as you use the shoulder pieces to hide that unsightly gap.

be prepared to wait a long time for that.

Mine has just arrived. It's just out of the box, but if you guys are getting this for the looks, it's bad ass! If you're getting it for the articulation, it's just bad!

It will look awesome in a museum pose but you can't do much else.

It's ironical that the original Mark III was better articulated.

However, color wise, looks good to me. It's darker in hands than the pictures make it look.

All in all, the definitive Iron Man armor in a not so definitive incarnation!

It does look good in this video though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO9iosSY68Q
It looks awesome in that video! With or without the controversial ab articulation, I think the appearance is stunning.

Side note, I'm also a fan of the remix they used for "Driving with the Top Down" which is still the best track in the entire MCU in my opinion.

Oooh nice...my wish is to have this sharing that shelf with a diecast MK 6 if they ever make one.
The Mark 6 is the next armor I hope they remake in diecast. In fact I almost want it more than the Mark 3 haha. Big fan of the triangle. I would definitely try to fit all three armors on the top shelf.

Back