MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can the 42 head look up this far? Most of the 3-pt pose pics for that one seem to have him looking downward so it doesn't look good from a straight-on POV.

1116715af35074f0fe43fbb4067845fe.jpg

Can the 42 head look up this far? Most of the 3-pt pose pics for that one seem to have him looking downward so it doesn't look good from a straight-on POV.

I hadn't pulled the 42 out of my cabinet for a while, so I thought I'd try and replicate that pose.

RW3ZKvS.jpg

TF7oaDG.jpg

cIhrgIy.jpg

Conclusion: no it can't. The Mk 42 never had great upwards head movement to begin with. Also the range of motion on the hips and elbows seems to have been quite significantly improved on the 43.

Thanks for the info, mate :hi5: That's like as far as I could get mine too, haha. If the Mk III can achieve that Mk 43 look in the photo above, I will be satisfied. I don't mind the switch in the waist. The Mk 43 is looking very tempting now... haha I might consider it if it ever goes to discounts, but if the Mk 45 can do it as well, I might lean towards that one, but it's not die cast, right?

Thanks for the info, mate :hi5: That's like as far as I could get mine too, haha. If the Mk III can achieve that Mk 43 look in the photo above, I will be satisfied. I don't mind the switch in the waist. The Mk 43 is looking very tempting now... haha I might consider it if it ever goes to discounts, but if the Mk 45 can do it as well, I might lean towards that one, but it's not die cast, right?

Wrong.

:wink1: :lol

Only thing I don't like with the 43 are the proportions: skinny abs, legs, ribs flaring & the separated shoulders. 1/4 scale 43 on the other hand just looks perfect but don't have the funds coz I'm putting it on HB. 45 looks good but I will have to wait & see how good the articulation is. Or just wait for CW 46 or maybe DC mk6. This mk3 might have to do it for now.

I'm still all in for this. The proportions look great, the figure overall looks great, the Stark sculpt is good and not only is it leaps and bounds better than it's predecessors, it's likely the last III we'll see in a long time (aside for a BD which I'm hoping for). Plus I've wanted the EX Arc since the original II and wasn't ever able to get my hands on it for a reasonable price.

I've never been big fan of the "skeleton" reveal; IMO it's an ok feature at best and I never display any of my armors like that so the fact articulation was sacrificed for a larger than usual reveal is the one thing that bugs me about this, but it's not like it's new news since we've known this since day 1 of the proto pics. But I will say that even if there couldn't be a crunch, I don't see why they couldn't have included a slight swivel at the point where the chest meets the midsection. That would've been better than nothing

As for the ground pound piece, I don't think it's a horrible idea at all. This was initially advertised as not having any torso movement so it was a nice surprise throw-in at the end in my eyes. Also, I don't fully agree that many other suits before this were able to pull off this pose properly. Yes, several others have been able to roughly achieve it, but not perfectly like this new III can. Those others would look either completely wonky, or ok from the front but wonky at certain angles. In that last pic, it looks like the 43 is the one that can come the closest, but I think the angle of the pic is helping it too; I don't think it's truly looking up as high as the pic suggests.

Another nice surprise throw-in is the mechanical reveal at the calves. I was disappointed when I didn't see that in the proto pics and felt like they were skimping out, but between including this and the ground pound torso in the end, I feel like they made good on some shortcomings... but then they skimped on some DC so I guess we're back to even. Bastards! :lol

My pleasure :duff

Manhandling the Mk 42 never fails to be an experience in sheer terror. I actually don't enjoy the diecast figures as much as the plastic ones, if I'm brutally honest.

I hated the movie but I love this design. Will the SHF version be enough to satisfy me? Probably not...

It doesn't look like the 43's torso can twist and bend to mimic the 3's alternate piece. Can someone verify this? Would like to see a side camera angle of the ground punch pose from both figs.

Back