MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When should we be getting this figure in the states? my last flex payment is on August 5, but i know that doesn't mean anything cause it will prob change.

My last flex payment is on August 25th...I just talked to Sideshow and they said the figure should arrive mid August. I inquired about paying my last payment early but they wouldn't process until they have them in stock.

So the hip flare pods and the shoulder munitions are no longer integrated into the body?
But are instead swap-out pieces? :pfft:

What a disappointment. The Mark VI figure from IM2 managed to have those gimmicks built into the figure.

The reviewer above has pieces falling off all over the figure! (Dinky magnets are a poor excuse for CAD engineering.)

The proportions are certainly better on this figure than MMS75 or the battle damaged version, but the color is FAR from screen accurate.

And I can't say the redesign of the crotch piece looks any better -- swapping out the lower torso piece (WTF?) seems like a good way to break a fragile joint.
This figure handles more like a Lego set than an articulated fig!

Given the price point (over twice what MMS75 cost back in 2009), this doesn't seem like a major improvement.

___

Given the price point (over twice what MMS75 cost back in 2009)

large.gif

Inflation is a *****.

Here is another video. Not sure what he is saying haha but good for articulation and looks.

REVIEW:HOT TOYS IRON MAN MARK III DIECAST - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks beautiful, that's for certain, but I still can't get over how primitive some of the engineering is compared to their older suits. After looking at all the parts leprosy you have to go through with the torso, shoulders and hips I'm honestly amazed all the air flaps still work like they used to.

It looks beautiful, that's for certain, but I still can't get over how primitive some of the engineering is compared to their older suits. After looking at all the parts leprosy you have to go through with the torso, shoulders and hips I'm honestly amazed all the air flaps still work like they used to.
:goodpost: but still keeping mine. Missed the first release and this one looks better proportions wise...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

the video showed that the mark 43 can do the same landing pose without swapping the waist! :slap

Exactly. And mind you, that pic you quoted wasn't even the best representation of how the ground pound pose can be achieved by the Marks 42 and 43. We've seen much better. EDIT: Like this fantastic pose by drosemvp2011:

1116715af35074f0fe43fbb4067845fe.jpg

To me the best-engineered IM from HT would be Mark 42/43 and the Iron Patriot. Mark III is a step forward in aesthetics compared to its predecessor, but a step back in engineering compared to the ones that were rleased just last year.

Back