MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this MKIII but surprised no one has issues with the way the hip armour 'fragments' when posed with the legs up. I find it really distracting and toy like.

The rubber panties on the MKIV look better IMO. Less 'crotch-gap' also. Sure they have faded for some (mine looks ok) but that can be re-sprayed fairly easily.

Anyway this bad boy will probably go in my gantry so shouldn't be an issue.

I love this MKIII but surprised no one has issues with the way the hip armour 'fragments' when posed with the legs up. I find it really distracting and toy like.

The rubber panties on the MKIV look better IMO. Less 'crotch-gap' also. Sure they have faded for some (mine looks ok) but that can be re-sprayed fairly easily.

Anyway this bad boy will probably go in my gantry so shouldn't be an issue.
I thought the same thing on the hip issue, but figured "whatever"

I'm kinda glad HT got rid of the rubber panties & encorporating those flaps on the newer IMs. Don't want the headache of repainting & the risk rubber peeling/ cracking. Opening up the flaps on the back, legs & hips kinda looks like the scene on IM 1 when Tony suited for the first time. Kinda like this except it was the Mark 2:
image.jpg

Proportions really looks good on this new mk3 even with the flaps open. When I see the old ones I'm like "how the hell tony fits on that armor. Is he malnourish.lol" I'm remaking a "diecast" mark 2 would be easy to do for HT now that they got the mo,d from mk3.

Proportions really looks good on this new mk3 even with the flaps open. When I see the old ones I'm like "how the hell tony fits on that armor. Is he malnourish.lol" I'm remaking a "diecast" mark 2 would be easy to do for HT now that they got the mo,d from mk3.

:exactly: Its one of the things I love about this armor

Yeah no doubt its aesthetically pleasing and detailed, I am just not feeling the 300$ price. Don't let that stop anyone else from getting it though, i hope u guys enjoy it. It does have that classic look and appeal.

You are correct the stormys have more torso articulation. But the mk3 has more points of articulation.

It can have articulated fingers and they could add eight articulated wrist bones beneath it all, but I'm not referring to quantity of articulation points so much as placement of points of articulation and their versatility or lack thereof. We're coming at it from very different directions.

And according to the official bio pages its 30pts for storm troopers and over 36 for mk3. I didn't find 30 on the ST so I'm not sure what they counted. But the mk3 has all the same ones, except the torso (though it simulates it..) plus a lot more. So I'm not sure how my comparison is even wrong, let alone rates an indefensible. I'd be interested to understand your thinking on why you came to your conclusion.

See above. You seem to be measuring quantity whereas I'm looking at quality specifically for stylistic purposes. We can pretty much stop here, I see what you're saying now.

Now that I've moved towards a more complete Avengers collection, in hindsight I'd have probably skipped this if I knew then (when I preordered) what I know now... Still, Iron Man is one Marvel character I don't mind having two figures of, and as long as this looks good in a HOA-ish state, then I'm happy... I don't see me getting a 45 or 46 or 47 if the character goes that long, but I wouldn't rule getting a d/c redo of Mk 6 or 7, and keeping it with my MkIII in a separate spot away from my Avengers display.

What diecast is there on the top half of the figure other than the little bicep pieces?

Also how is diecast percentage measured? By weight?!

Sorry but diecast legs does not make for a diecast figure. The amount of diecast in say mark 42/43 was already a bit sketchy. Next HT will just put a block of metal inside fully plastic iron man and call it diecast.

What diecast is there on the top half of the figure other than the little bicep pieces?

Also how is diecast percentage measured? By weight?!

Sorry but diecast legs does not make for a diecast figure. The amount of diecast in say mark 42/43 was already a bit sketchy. Next HT will just put a block of metal inside fully plastic iron man and call it diecast.

Due to the reveal gimmick the only upper body diecast is the bicep area.

Back