MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proportion are more or less fine. Articulation and paint job is the more stand out disappointment for me.

The only reason I haven't sold this figure yet is because it's the Mark 3 and I doubt they'll redo this figure any time soon.

I hope they redo this in 1/4. Would sell like hot cakes.

Yeah I can't seem them making it a fifth time in 1/6. But a 1/4 is a possibility I would think. That would be cool.

My biggest complaint at release was the shoulder gaps but now I don't even pay attention to that anymore. I'm satisfied with it but wish I wouldn't have bought so soon after release because they're a lot cheaper now.

The price was a bit high. But that's the case with all this stuff unfortunetly.

Sorry, was trying to avoid using other collector's photos. These are all from sideshow freaks. To me there is a clear distinction between the look of the 1:2 compared to the 1:6 and it looks far more movie accurate to me. Yes, there are scenes where the suit looks different, but overall there is a consistent look between the practical effects suit, the cgi and the movie promotional photos. That's what I wanted from Hot Toys.

Maybe it's a flaw in the design itself that as you scale it down the suit looks worse to some (like me). The King Arts version looks way worse than the Hot Toys Mark III but their other figures appear to be on par.

markiii2.jpg

View attachment 237858

View attachment 237859

Had this figure for a good few months now and still love it. It's my only IM right now but I'm looking at having the MK43 with my avengers and displaying this separately. Gave it a quick repose, I angled the legs so it gives the appearance that they are thicker and I think it looks great. Here's a few crappy iPhone photos. image.jpgimage.jpg

For someone who has never used a Dremel before, does anyone have any suggestions on what attachment to use for the foot mod? I plan to practice on some scrap plastic first, of course. What I have right now is the kit below, but if another attachment would work better I can pick it up before starting the mod.

Thanks,
Kevin

View attachment 235368

Bumping this question up since I'm also looking into picking up a Dremel to do the foot mod. Would one of these smaller low-voltage Dremels be good enough to do this and other similar mods?

Bumping this question up since I'm also looking into picking up a Dremel to do the foot mod. Would one of these smaller low-voltage Dremels be good enough to do this and other similar mods?

If you look at my walk thru pics for the mod, the picture of the foot w/ the final cut... you'll see it's not a major amount of removing material. its just that little corner. What I find works well for small areas that you want to control is the pointed burr bits. You can just use the tip of the bit to do very small amounts of areas... or get more aggressive with the sides of the bit. its the one on right in this pic...

41Q72QjS4BL.jpg

you can get the bit sets fairly cheap off amazon... $5-7 or harbor freight has a monster size kit that has more than you'll ever need for just a tad bit more... 250+ piece kit for around $15 with a coupon.

If you look at my walk thru pics for the mod, the picture of the foot w/ the final cut... you'll see it's not a major amount of removing material. its just that little corner. What I find works well for small areas that you want to control is the pointed burr bits. You can just use the tip of the bit to do very small amounts of areas... or get more aggressive with the sides of the bit. its the one on right in this pic...

41Q72QjS4BL.jpg

you can get the bit sets fairly cheap off amazon... $5-7 or harbor freight has a monster size kit that has more than you'll ever need for just a tad bit more... 250+ piece kit for around $15 with a coupon.

Thanks for the advice about the bits (and Harbor Freight)!

This is one amazing figure- I don't get most of the debate on him- in hand he has such iconic presense from the first IM movie- from head to toe one superb figure. The design that started all the Marks to come..and I consider it still the BEST IM armor

Agreed, I think most of the complaints against this figure regarding proportions are due to the original suit design, as such I don't think it's fair to fault the figure for it. The articulation could stand to be improved though.

It's more the articulation and color that people have beef with. I actually love the proportions on this, has a great superhero build and doesn't look too skinny like some of the other IM figures, and miles ahead of the prior Mk3 release.

This was my first Hot Toy and despite the numerous negative reviews, I'm quite satisfied with this figures. Articulation should be better but I think it's a good figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back