MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So im picking this guy up at a bargain price because its got quite bad scratches to the leg.

I plan on repainting it a darker red to closer match what I remember the MK3 being.

Has anyone on here done this? I could do with a little advise into colour direction and so on.

I've not painted mine but I can give you the paint codes used on set. And a place that makes the paint if you want.

Imo it's a beautiful figure, got mine last week from a member. The paint is spot on, just depends on lighting.
e6633a498639b8a1ee9b2aeb238d8280.jpg

No problem. About halfway down the page is a drop down menu with all the colors used for the mk3 prop suits.

Movie cars

Thanks very much Motux, most appreciated.

After a quick google it seems the Nissan Merlot Red came up with the closest Iron Man references :rotfl So i shall give that one a go and update this page in a few weeks with the outcome!

Thanks again :hi5:

Curious, is the outer shoulder armor supposed to be up or down? I've seen pictures of both, but I don't know which is the official configuration.

Thanks very much Motux, most appreciated.

After a quick google it seems the Nissan Merlot Red came up with the closest Iron Man references :rotfl So i shall give that one a go and update this page in a few weeks with the outcome!

Thanks again :hi5:

Oh yeah I guess I didn't say which was which. The suit you may have seen RDJ getting put/helped into and the first one used for screen tests and even some filming had the Isuzu red. Then it was determined it was to dark and they went with the Nissan red (I have the actual paint codes somewhere...let me dig them out) and it was painted over a black base to give it some depth. The stunt suit had a different color and the maquettes where done in a couple also. So there wasn't a cohesive single color used on set. Which is not that uncommon.

When you get the color I would recommend buying (or steal them from like Wendy's or McDonald's if your really cheap lol) some plastic throw away spoons and test the color on them. Try different base and top coats. That way you know exactly how it will look when done. The paint will behave the same on the spoon as it will the figure. It's a great way to test them out. Tamiya ts13 clear is a good simple single stage clear/top coat(it's the same top coat used on the prototype hot toys figures) I use it often.

I used to really have a problem with the limited articulation but now I want one of these. Trouble is, a quarter-scale version will look and pose better, if they make one. And I feel like it will happen, eventually.

Oh yeah I guess I didn't say which was which. The suit you may have seen RDJ getting put/helped into and the first one used for screen tests and even some filming had the Isuzu red. Then it was determined it was to dark and they went with the Nissan red (I have the actual paint codes somewhere...let me dig them out) and it was painted over a black base to give it some depth. The stunt suit had a different color and the maquettes where done in a couple also. So there wasn't a cohesive single color used on set. Which is not that uncommon.

When you get the color I would recommend buying (or steal them from like Wendy's or McDonald's if your really cheap lol) some plastic throw away spoons and test the color on them. Try different base and top coats. That way you know exactly how it will look when done. The paint will behave the same on the spoon as it will the figure. It's a great way to test them out. Tamiya ts13 clear is a good simple single stage clear/top coat(it's the same top coat used on the prototype hot toys figures) I use it often.

Once again Motux, I cannot thank you enough for the advice. :hi5:

I have ordered some paint, and look forward to having a go, also, the testing tip on spoons is a very good idea! :lol

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any more questions and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Good luck, and have fun!
Edit- I pulled out a few bottles of the paint so you can sorta see the darkness differences. It's a quick iPhone pic so not fantastic or anything. But gives you an idea

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered this earlier in the week, should be here either tomorrow or Monday. This is my first Iron Man figure but definitely not my last. I can't wait to have it in hand.

Congrats. Be sure to read the instructions. There's a fair bit of stuff that moves or swaps and I've seen people with a large collection think it's broken or stuck Becuase they didn't understand the way things work.

Congrats. Be sure to read the instructions. There's a fair bit of stuff that moves or swaps and I've seen people with a large collection think it's broken or stuck Becuase they didn't understand the way things work.
Alright I will, thanks for the advice. Breaking a figure (or thinking you did) right out of box because you didn't read the instructions is terrible. I accidentily snapped the belt on my HT Vader because I didn't realize how fragile it was but I managed to glue it back together.

Any idea if HT will continue to make the original 7 Marks in diecast? I would LOVE a Mark V diecast, it's my favorite armor. And a Mark I would be awesome too.

Alright I will, thanks for the advice. Breaking a figure (or thinking you did) right out of box because you didn't read the instructions is terrible. I accidentily snapped the belt on my HT Vader because I didn't realize how fragile it was but I managed to glue it back together.

Any idea if HT will continue to make the original 7 Marks in diecast? I would LOVE a Mark V diecast, it's my favorite armor. And a Mark I would be awesome too.

I snapped my brand new Ant-Man's antenna quite literally hours after I took it out of the box. It's still attached but it'll definitely come off eventually, unless I just put it back in the box and never touch it again.

No one knows. Looking at all the evidence, it seems pretty likely though. It'll take a while but I'm pretty sure a few years down the line all seven will have been redone in diecast.

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any more questions and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Good luck, and have fun!
Edit- I pulled out a few bottles of the paint so you can sorta see the darkness differences. It's a quick iPhone pic so not fantastic or anything. But gives you an idea

View attachment 251572
View attachment 251573

Wow, damn they look dark! haha :rotfl Im looking forward to testing them, its not like they were too expensive, if its too dark Ill try the lighter!

Yeah they are pretty dark. The Isuzu red isn't that dark. With a gold base it's a lot lighter too. But you can see why they switched. Lol
I'm working on a classic iron man statue once I get it painted I'll show you how the colors look on it.

I snapped my brand new Ant-Man's antenna quite literally hours after I took it out of the box. It's still attached but it'll definitely come off eventually, unless I just put it back in the box and never touch it again.

No one knows. Looking at all the evidence, it seems pretty likely though. It'll take a while but I'm pretty sure a few years down the line all seven will have been redone in diecast.
That sucks. Looking at pics of that figure, that piece looks really small so it won't be easy to fix. You might be able to if you have steady hands and alot of patience hahah. Good luck.

I really hope they do. I want to represent some old armors (1,3,5,6) and some new armors (45,46) in my Iron Man lineup.

Back