MLB General Discussion 2014.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only teams I REALLY hate are the Phillies and Atlanta, and that's mainly due to their obnoxious fanbase. I grew up a Yankees hater, and I still think they game the system a lot, but their lack of success in recent years has lessened that dramatically.

I understand. :duff Boston doesn't bother me much. I admit I don't care for the NY or LA teams much. I find their fanbases fairly obnoxious.

I understand. :duff Boston doesn't bother me much. I admit I don't care for the NY or LA teams much. I find their fanbases fairly obnoxious.
Ouch! I thought I've showed some class with the games we've played. :dunno
It's too bad an entire group is judged based on the actions of a few.

Ouch! I thought I've showed some class with the games we've played. :dunno
It's too bad an entire group is judged based on the actions of a few.

That's pretty standard though, unfortunately.

I dislike the Braves for the simple reason that when they come to town, we get an influx of people thinking it's alright to stand up and do that obnoxious tomahawk chant. I have no problem with people cheering for their team - but respect the home team and their fans, and inundating an away stadium with something that belongs in your home stadium is just plain ANNOYING.

DC and Philly fans have had a long-standing rivalry ever since Opening Day 2010. I was at that game. The Phillies organization went out and bought whole sections of Nats Park - to the point where, based on the rules, the Nats had to "welcome Philadelphia Phillies Fans" on the scoreboard. The fans behaved rudely (I mean, booing our team on opening day, pushing, shoving, etc) to hometown team fans in our OWN stadium. Just not classy. The next year, the Nats blocked people from Philly from buying tickets by tracking IP addresses. Loved that move lol.

I've always felt that there's a measure of respect owed to the home team. I've been to quite a few ballparks, sometimes cheering for the away team, and I always made sure to be respectful and courteous. Clap, cheer, fine....home team chants, booing, taunting home team players...not fine.

Just my opinion of course :)

nobody is giving SF a chance.....kinda like the last 2 times they won. If they win tonight, they have a roster full of guys that won both times.

nobody is giving SF a chance.....kinda like the last 2 times they won. If they win tonight, they have a roster full of guys that won both times.

I've been torn on this one. Everyone's saying I should be cheering for SF tonight, since Pitt surged in...but with SF's track record, I'm not 100% sure.

Might watch the game tonight just to get an idea of what we're facing either way.

SF doesn't have any flash in the hitting department for sure, but when they get rolling, they can score with anyone. I would say their pitching isn't as good as it was when they won it all. Most of the roster has lots of title experience like the Cardinals and I think that counts for something, but the "experts" don't acknowledge that.

SF doesn't have any flash in the hitting department for sure, but when they get rolling, they can score with anyone. I would say their pitching isn't as good as it was when they won it all. Most of the roster has lots of title experience like the Cardinals and I think that counts for something, but the "experts" don't acknowledge that.

I definitely acknowledge that. Look what the Cardinals did to us back in '12 in what was supposed to be a breeze. Brings back foul memories, to be sure!

Don't care for either Royals or A's but man I love seeing one and done games like that entertaining last night!:clap

Sorry KC fans, Angels are going to win that series and advance. :wink1:

after 2 titles, nothing they do surprises me. Team has swag and the heart of a champion. They won't be the favs against anyone they face, but they are more than capable of beating anyone, anywhere.

After last night, I'm worried about facing them, that's for sure.

Think if the Nats can get through them, it'll be a big confidence boost for them.

And VASith - you're not the only one ;) Here in DC right now, and the feeling is palpable. I live in MD though, Germantown, right where the O's and Nats fans collide - it's an odd mishmash of loyalties up there. Honestly, I don't think the O's have much of a shot, they rely too much on the longball.

Ah here come the Card haters. :lol I would love to see another I-70 series. :rock

To be fair, I've always hated the Cardinals. Not just this year. :wink1:

SF looked good yesterday. I wanted the Bucs to move on, but they looked so lethargic.

I'll continue to root for KC and now that Pittsburghs done, maybe the Giants. The nationals would be cool too.

To be fair, I've always hated the Cardinals. Not just this year. :wink1:

SF looked good yesterday. I wanted the Bucs to move on, but they looked so lethargic.

I'll continue to root for KC and now that Pittsburghs done, maybe the Giants. The nationals would be cool too.

Fair enough. :duff

They did. I was hoping the Pirates would win.

I think the Royals could do something. If they get hot they can do some special things.

With the Bucs gone, I guess I'll join the Washington Expos bandwagon in the NL.

Predictions?
Tigers in 5
Angels in 4
Nats in 5
Cards in 4

After last night, I'm worried about facing them, that's for sure.

Think if the Nats can get through them, it'll be a big confidence boost for them.

And VASith - you're not the only one ;) Here in DC right now, and the feeling is palpable. I live in MD though, Germantown, right where the O's and Nats fans collide - it's an odd mishmash of loyalties up there. Honestly, I don't think the O's have much of a shot, they rely too much on the longball.

I'll be down at the ballpark around 7 tomorrow morning doing a delivery for Lockheed Martin. They have an office right across the street so I might wander over and check out the activity.

Another great game for the Royals. They seem to be catching fire at the right time and are playing with ALOT of confidence. Hopefully that series is as entertaining as game 1 was.

Back