MLB General Discussion 2014.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This news sucks, way too young. I enjoyed watching him play quite a bit.

‏@JeffPassan 8m Tony Gwynn struck out 434 times over 9,288 career at-bats. That is not a misprint.

Some of his career numbers are pretty nuts. I believe he was also a .444 with the bases loaded.

So. Cal will miss Tony Gwynn for sure.
Lots of great memories watching him play for the Padres.
May he now rest in peace. :pray:

Damn right they are. Up 1.5 games in the Central. Really hoping this may be the year they can break through and make the playoffs.

Yeah, they timed this win streak with everyone else losing. I do too. Would be nice to see them make the playoffs for the first time since 85. I heard a stat the other day the Cardinals have played 126 playoff games since the Royals last played one.

Holy smokes!
Clayton Kershaw with his first no-hitter against the team with the highest batting average in the league, the Rockies.
15 K's is also his career high.

Congrats to Clayton. He earned this one. :clap

The June swoon continues for SF. I never thought the Giants were really as good as they did in the first ~third of the season - but I also did not think they were this bad.

The June swoon continues for SF. I never thought the Giants were really as good as they did in the first ~third of the season - but I also did not think they were this bad.

My Jays are suffering thru the same thing. I guess I shouldn't be expecting much from a 74-win team last year that did nothing to upgrade during the off-season.

Yeah, they timed this win streak with everyone else losing. I do too. Would be nice to see them make the playoffs for the first time since 85. I heard a stat the other day the Cardinals have played 126 playoff games since the Royals last played one.

I hope they can kick the Tigers to the curb. Cabrera is an *******.

Braves fan here. It's been an up & down season so far, but got to love the young talent.
I'm also developing a man crush on Evan Gattis.

Wow, just checked Baseball Reference Guide and you're right about '85. I thought they last made the playoffs in the early 90s but I was wrong.

I'm just glad the Twinkies are near .500 and we're almost into July. With the extra Wild Cards, if you're around .500 late in the season then you have a chance.

Back