MINAS TIRITH ARRIVED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Looking forward to adding this to my LoTR collection. Now fervently praying they do a Minas Morgul (though truth be told I really don't expect them to do any more at all).

I called Danbury to confirm that they had correct CC info and asked when it would be shipping in the States. I was told that they are prepping the ones they have now for shipping. Hopefully I'll be in that first shipping going out.

Did you ask them if they will be making anymore of these in the future?? perhaps the Hobbiton Mill?

I've asked before, but the Customer Service folks don't really have any idea what's being made or not made. I seem to remember hearing somewhere on some board at some time :)lol ) that they don't have a long term license. Whether that is true, or was true and has now changed, I haven't a clue.

However, I would think that given the success that they've had with these, and given that there aren't a lot of vendors that make/sell LoTR merchandise anymore, that it would be worth their while to crank out one or two of these a year.

Indeed! I have seen many boardmembers actually order the Bara-dur after they seen that the Mina Tirith is so cool!!

gtb said:
Indeed! I have seen many boardmembers actually order the Bara-dur after they seen that the Mina Tirith is so cool!!

that's me. both look amazing, barad-dur should be here in a week. :D

I just received some great news!

I emailed DM on the status of my MT order and received the following reply:

Thank you for your inquiry. We finally have these in stock and shipments are slated to go out by the end of next week. You should receive yours by the 1st week of October. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Jay

:rock :rock :rock :rock

Nazgurl said:
Wow. Looking forward to adding this to my LoTR collection. Now fervently praying they do a Minas Morgul (though truth be told I really don't expect them to do any more at all).

I'd love to see a Minas Morgul, but unfortunately believe the same thing.

I asked DM in May if there were any future projects upcoming and this was my response:

Hello-

We will only be doing Barad-Dur and and Minas Tirith from The Lord of the Rings. I have forwarded your e-mail to our Product Development and Marketing Managers for their consideration. I know they like suggestions from customers.

Regards,

It would be a shame for them to stop after such a wonderful piece. I really hope they have more in the pipe.

Argghhh! Crap. Danbury Mint on ship them to US, Canada & UK. Does anyone knows any retailer carrying the Minas Tirith who can arrange shipment to Asia. I got the Bara-Dur earlier this year through e-bay for quite a hefty price. I hope not to go throughe-bay again.:monkey2

Anespian said:
Argghhh! Crap. Danbury Mint on ship them to US, Canada & UK. Does anyone knows any retailer carrying the Minas Tirith who can arrange shipment to Asia. I got the Bara-Dur earlier this year through e-bay for quite a hefty price. I hope not to go throughe-bay again.:monkey2

that sucks man. did you email them and ask if they ship internationally? I emailed them a couple of times, and they were back to me within 2 days.

congerking said:
that sucks man. did you email them and ask if they ship internationally? I emailed them a couple of times, and they were back to me within 2 days.

DB USA ships to North America only, DB UK ships to the UK only - period.

They only have the licenses to sell there.

congerking said:

Yup. known about the shipping restrictions since Baradur. Was just trying out my luck again for Minas Tirith. :eek:
So, am just keeping my fingers cross for now & see what happens at the forbidden area.....ebay!

They should get a little further away when taking pictures.

I don't get some people, they handicap themsleves from the very begining by not even being able to see the product being sold.

Jesse :rolleyes:

Well that sale did not go to well for the Seller.

Sold for less than it would have cost her.

Barad - Dur was going for two or three times the original price when it first hit ebay, though that IIRC was ones from the US being sold to the UK and other places (where it was not on sale at the time).

Corwin said:
Barad - Dur was going for two or three times the original price when it first hit ebay,

Yea, but, they were also a few people selling it on eBay and falsely advertising it as a Sideshow Weta Barad-Dur.

:rolleyes:

Back