MINAS TIRITH ARRIVED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm sitting here looking at it like someone who's had a stroke or something , with my mouth open, I'll get over it eventually it really is that good, blows the SS one (which is good) outta the water though! I keep imagining what it would have been like to live in that city at the time of the war of the ring, then I realise its FICTION!! ish!!:lol Damn!!!!

WrathofSauron said:
Well I'm sitting here looking at it like someone who's had a stroke or something , with my mouth open, I'll get over it eventually it really is that good, blows the SS one (which is good) outta the water though! I keep imagining what it would have been like to live in that city at the time of the war of the ring, then I realise its FICTION!! ish!!:lol Damn!!!!

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Are you trying to tell me that Lord of the Rings isn't real ? Like it's made up story or something? When the hell did this happen?

Thanks for the pics, this looks grrreat to me!

But any new LotR arrivals would at this time, I guess.:D

Hope my order through my :stick US middleman comes through soon!

congerking said:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Are you trying to tell me that Lord of the Rings isn't real ? Like it's made up story or something? When the hell did this happen?

HUSH YOUR MOUTH for saying such things!!!

Jesse :monkey2

Awesome! Now I can't wait to get mine.

Thank you for posting the fantastic pics, WrathofSauron!! :rock

Colors are "bright" but that's due to the flash. I'm loving the details. It's all in the details, man! ;)

Congrats WOS.

It does look very Impressive (Compared to the Trinket Box)!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks so much for letting us know and see the photos. I have a feeling this is going to generate some business for Danbury Mint. Personally I love your enthusiasm.

Now get off the computer and gaze at it some more.

DonnamiraTook said:
Wow. Thanks so much for letting us know and see the photos. I have a feeling this is going to generate some business for Danbury Mint. Personally I love your enthusiasm.

Now get off the computer and gaze at it some more.

I agree, this is goign to go over very well once word of mouth on these reaches more people. What do you guys think will be the next? If this line continues, I would like to see Orthanc (i don't have the weta one, so I'd like that), Minus Morgul (again, don't have the weta one), Edoras, Rivendale, Shire, Moria? I don't have any Environments, so bring on ones that have been done before by any other company.

What impresses me most, is that for the sizes of this pieces, they aren't more than $100.

Its cool watching the people of Minas Tirith settling down for the night and the guards going on night duty.............. ok I've been gazing at it too long now time for bed I reckon!!! Looking forward to seeing the sunrise across the Pelennor tomorrow............ ah the dreams the dreams.............:rotfl

congerking said:
I don't have any Environments, so bring on ones that have been done before by any other company.

I'd rather see those that haven't been done before!

If you like to get enviros that have been done before: all of the previous Sideshow Weta enviros (except Orthanc, Stone Trolls and Minas Morgul) go for cheaper than the DB ones.

Goliath, they better go under $100 for the size they come in at! Realistically though, the reason I'd buy the SS/W enviros is the name association to Weta more than anything else.

WrathofSauron, here's some observations:
1) Can you actually see the path that GTW took to get up to the 7th level?
2) It looks like the light they put in there makes it look like spotlights are shining on the white tower. Reminds me of a Hollywood premiere night at Minas Tirith.
3) Can you take pics of Minas Tirith from the front where the gates are? I'm used to seeing the SSW version that way.
4) Do you have pics that are naturally room-lit? I'm curious how it looks without the flash enhancing the whiteness of it.

Earlier in this post there are natural light pics without flash, the colours are quite vivid its a great paint job and the detail is incredible, you can see the archway where GTW came through on ShFAX to meet the Witch King on the Fell Beast.
The light is actually ok on top its not as Hollywood as it looks there!! The Houses of Healing at the back are pretty amazing too and the walkway that Denethor makes with Faramir across the bridge at the back is superb too, all in all the best piece I have seen in a while from any manufacturer.

WrathofSauron said:
Earlier in this post there are natural light pics without flash, the colours are quite vivid its a great paint job and the detail is incredible, you can see the archway where GTW came through on ShFAX to meet the Witch King on the Fell Beast.
The light is actually ok on top its not as Hollywood as it looks there!! The Houses of Healing at the back are pretty amazing too and the walkway that Denethor makes with Faramir across the bridge at the back is superb too, all in all the best piece I have seen in a while from any manufacturer.

Sorry, off topic, but it annoyed me when the witch king met gandalf at minis tirith. I know it didn't happen in the book, but witch king "beat" gandalf waaaaay too fast. gandalf would have whopped him all the way back to mordor if they were ever to fight. anyway, rant over, still want this piece.

Back