MINAS TIRITH ARRIVED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have received mine today (two, actually, one to be forwarded to a friend) and this pice is really a cool addition to my collection. :cool:

I love all the small details and that you can actually follow all the ways the actors walked, ran or rode in the movies. :google (And I even found something that could be counted as the white tree...)

I also like the way the box is designed with the extra foam "bumpers" around the styrofoam package and the velcro tapes to hold the package tight - neato!

The only small problem I have is that one of the towers doesn't fit in either hole of the two enviros, it's just too wide. Oon the other hand, the second tower is very loose when fit into its hole.

The light up feature might be cool, but I don't see the point why this section of the tower should be lit? Any ideas? :confused:

Anyways, this piece beats the Weta one by far, I wish Weta would have been given the chance to build one at this scale!

I just hope DM isn't done. I'd love a Minas Morgul or Orthanc or any other enviro they would do if they can keep up the same standard.

Darth Loki said:
I just hope DM isn't done. I'd love a Minas Morgul or Orthanc or any other enviro they would do if they can keep up the same standard.

I agree 100%. An Orthanc/Isengard would be perfect, considering not many have the SS one and it's availability is extremely limited (not to mention it's prohibitive price).

Bag End would be fantastic as well. :cool:

FlyAndFight said:
I agree 100%. An Orthanc/Isengard would be perfect, considering not many have the SS one and it's availability is extremely limited (not to mention it's prohibitive price).

Bag End would be fantastic as well. :cool:

And not to mention Rivendell and the Gray Havens!
:D

I know it's comparing apples and oranges, but here ar some comparison shots DB vs. SSW:

Minas_small_1.jpg

Minas_vs_1.jpg

Minas_vs_2.jpg

Higher resolution pictures for those interested: here

I got a bill for my Minas Tirith today as i hadnt paid yet.I have apparantly signed for this piece on the 12th september yet i have never had the piece!
Has anyone had an issue with DM UK?I got my Barad Dur with no problems!

I just got mine as well. For those of you who have it, where do the stairs of the tower belong? Hidden in the back, or out front near the entrance to the hall. I haven't checked my DVD and I cannot find a good photo.

I agree, if they made a Minas Morgul that would be beeyatchin'!

-Josh

Back