MINAS TIRITH ARRIVED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radagaster said:
Goliath, they better go under $100 for the size they come in at!

Well, they are about the same size as the ones from DB.

SSW Orthanc = as high as DB Barad-Dur

SSW Helm's Deep / Mines of Moria / Golden Hall = about as big as DB Minas Tirith (telling by WoS' pics)

Of course, I won't compare to the pieces from the DVD boxes (Minas Tirith / Morgul, Argonath)

Check the pictures in the link in my signature, there's one of Barad-Dur and Orthanc side-by-side.

Question to Wrath Of Sauron:

Can you tell me the size and weight of the pieces as it was shipped to you, thanks!

goliath said:
Well, they are about the same size as the ones from DB.

SSW Orthanc = as high as DB Barad-Dur

SSW Helm's Deep / Mines of Moria / Golden Hall = about as big as DB Minas Tirith (telling by WoS' pics)

I don't know. Doesn't look like Buckelberry Ferry/Mines of Moria/Golden Hall are about as big as Danbury Tirith. I don't have either, but just from pictures and screenshots, Danbury Tirith looks double the size.

congerking said:
Sorry, off topic, but it annoyed me when the witch king met gandalf at minis tirith. I know it didn't happen in the book, but witch king "beat" gandalf waaaaay too fast. gandalf would have whopped him all the way back to mordor if they were ever to fight. anyway, rant over, still want this piece.

Hmm . . .if I recall the scene with Gandalf did happen in the book. The WitchKing did beat Gandalf but he was summoned to the field by the arrival of the Rohirrim. Around that time was when he went after Theoden.

Re: MINAS TIRITH ARRIVED!!! PHOTO UPDATE!!!

Hi goliath the box it shipped is about 12"x 12" and the weight is 2.7kgs.

Ok some more pics and this time in daylight, this piece is stunning!!!

Hope these pics give you all an idea of size etc, enjoy!! :D

Thanks for the info and the additional pictures!

You must feel pretty special bein one of the first collectors in the world owning one of these! :chew

goliath said:
Thanks for the info and the additional pictures!

You must feel pretty special bein one of the first collectors in the world owning one of these! :chew

Yes Goliath its a great feeling it seems Europe got this first given that DM is a UK company I believe. Either way there's bound to be more great pix on here soon!! Nice photos wetayourself!!!

WrathofSauron said:
Yes Goliath its a great feeling it seems Europe got this first given that DM is a UK company I believe. Either way there's bound to be more great pix on here soon!! Nice photos wetayourself!!!

Just ordered Barad-Dur and Minis Tirith. Boy, that 3 easy payments is great. Hope to get Barad-Dur soon and Minis Tirith around the beginning of the year. :D :D

Looks pretty good...only thing I don't like about it is the grass...seems too green...or the the green color is too consistant...needs diffent shades that aren't so uniform in color...or more of a mix of "dead" grass...other than that...neeto :monkey5

carbo-fation said:
:lol I just ordered both too!! :D

While I'm happy for all of those that only now discover Barad-Dur and are able to still order it, I feel a bit let down by Danbury Mint.

I have bought a Barad-Dur in the early days (early 2005) when they announced that it would only be available / produced for a "very limited time"... what's up with that?

Any of those that have bought it lately, what are your serial #s? Mine is A1165.

goliath said:
While I'm happy for all of those that only now discover Barad-Dur and are able to still order it, I feel a bit let down by Danbury Mint.

I have bought a Barad-Dur in the early days (early 2005) when they announced that it would only be available / produced for a "very limited time"... what's up with that?

Any of those that have bought it lately, what are your serial #s? Mine is A1165.

I was well aware of it when it was first released but the price tag on it was just too much. With $99 deal, plus 3 installments, how can you go wrong? :D I don't know about the serial number, will check later today.

carbo-fation said:
I was well aware of it when it was first released but the price tag on it was just too much. With $99 deal, plus 3 installments, how can you go wrong? :D I don't know about the serial number, will check later today.

Same here, 3 $35 payments was irrestistable.

i couldnt quite make it out, but it does look to me like there isn't actually a tree right? i'm refering to the white tree of course.

it looks to me like it is the same as the piece from sideshow that came with the dvd giftset - just a small stub kinda thing at the fountain.

Hi, can someone please tell me the approximate of the package including the box? I need to invoice to be able to send over to my country.

Thanks

WrathofSauron said:

here u go aaron, hope this helps. you should read more of previous posts :monkey5 :monkey3

WrathofSauron said:

Yes... I should...:eek:

Back