MINAS TIRITH ARRIVED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carbo-fation said:
I'll second that! Any of the above-mentioned environment would be much appreciated! :D

since they already did barad-dur and minis tirith, the sensible next would be either orthanc or minas morgul.....just can't wait to get the two that have already been made.

Minas Tirith looks great! Especially next to BD.
I had to get the latter from Ebay as Danbury Mint doesn't ship to Downunder
Oz.
Probably will have to go the same way with MT, which is a p in the b.
Thanks for all the pics from the happy recipients.
More enviro's required!

I ordered Barad-Dur earlier in the year, and just never got around to ordering Minas Tirith. I finally went ahead and ordered last night. I'm really happy with BD, and the pics of this look great. Can't wait for it to get here.

The White City has arrived in Minas Miami!!! :rock

https://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clipserve/B0000DZEA1001003/0/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_003/102-8591315-0954550

Great looking piece. The colors are fine in normal room lighting. It's an impressive size and contains a plethora of detailing throughout. You can follow Gandalf/Pip/Shadowfax as they weave their way up the city. You can also follow Denethor crossing the bridge that leads to the pyre that will soon be his end.

I can picture some crazy fanatic creating a diorama of the Battle of Pelennor Fields using this piece and adding fingernail-sized Mumaks, a miniature Grond, several siege towers and teeny-tiny legions of orcs surrounding the city! :monkey5

Received my Minas Tirith today!!!! Great and detailed piece!!! The funny thing is I ordered this piece back at the beginning of this year, however, my wife ordered this piece on Sept. 16th (not knowing I already placed the order). Guess who's order arrived first?

Well, I had some time to unpack it and ...

It is no where near as nice as BD, at least the one I got. A nice piece, but nothing spectacular. The paint work is pretty marginal on mine, I will be doing some touch-ups for sure. The detail is there, but not extraordinary, more like passable. I will say I like the "horse statue" as you pass through the main gate, and there are some other sculptural highlights. The nameplate is atrocious (see pic below), and the light-up effect still doesn't make sense to me. Eh, glad I have it, but I could certainly live without it.

MinasTirith1.jpg

MinasTirith2.jpg

MinasTirith4.jpg

MinasTirith5.jpg

MinasTirith6.jpg

MinasTirith7.jpg

MinasTirith8.jpg

This is just lowsy :sick

MinasTirith3.jpg

carbo-fation said:
:lol I agree about the name plate. It was completely unnescessary, just like with Barad-ur.

Well if you are going to have one, at the very least do it correctly! :emperor

ugh! Looks like a kid tried their hand at stenciling in the black on gold!

There I was...driving home from school today, when I pulled up in the driveway and saw two packages on the porch. I had received everything I ordered and was wondering what it was. I took both packages inside and noticed they were the same type of packages. Low and behold, I hopened them both up and Barad-Dur and Minis Tirith arrived glorious as I could have imagined. Sorry for the story, had to build up the suspense :chew :chew my one question with barad-dur.....it came with a little light with a 3-pronged adapter, what is it? is it a replacement light for the light on the tower?

congerking said:
my one question with barad-dur.....it came with a little light with a 3-pronged adapter, what is it? is it a replacement light for the light on the tower?

Yes it is a replacement. Nice of DM to think of one doncha think?

Got mine today. It's nice. Nothing super special. In no way do I think it's any better than the SSW one. Just bigger. It's worth the $100 but anymore and I'd say nah. I don't like how the rock has black mixed in. If I remember from the movie and the SSW one the stone was all white. So I'm not sure what happened.

jlcmsu said:
Got mine today. It's nice. Nothing super special. In no way do I think it's any better than the SSW one. Just bigger. It's worth the $100 but anymore and I'd say nah. I don't like how the rock has black mixed in. If I remember from the movie and the SSW one the stone was all white. So I'm not sure what happened.

Now what you mention it, the rock does look white mixed with a little grey. that doesn't matter too much for me, I think it looks great.

jlcmsu said:

Of course if SSW had made this one, it'd be the greatest environment EVER! I'm not exactly sure how much you're in SS's pocket, but how can you even compare these two? The DM has infinitely more detail, it's larger, and just plain looks 100X better.

Thanks for the link goliath, looks just as good in person. But I did notice one thing...that sheet that says that YOUR NAME is a registered owner of Minas Tirith. I never got one, nor with my Barad-Dur. Not that I really care, but it would have been nice to get one. :monkey2 :monkey2

Back