Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really pumped for this game. I feel that it got a lot of attention when it was originally announced and since then it's kinda been under the radar.

Excited to play it, plus it's got Troy Baker as the main character!

It did. September 30th is the new date. I'm looking forward to this but I heard a couple things during the SDCC panel that I didn't care for as well as something in one of the trailers that doesn't jive with the lore as I would prefer them to.

It did. September 30th is the new date. I'm looking forward to this but I heard a couple things during the SDCC panel that I didn't care for as well as something in one of the trailers that doesn't jive with the lore as I would prefer them to.

I am a fan of the books, but I admit I do not know as much about the lore as i do for something like Batman. If you don't mind my asking, what bothers you?

I am a fan of the books, but I admit I do not know as much about the lore as i do for something like Batman. If you don't mind my asking, what bothers you?

I'm not a fan of the fact they're acting like Sauron didn't trick the elves into helping make the rings of power and Sauron having sons. The first was a comment made during the panel at Comic-Con and I almost got up to correct the man but that wouldn't have been cool. The other was in this trailer and just plain old nonsense. I really don't have a problem with the wraith like stuff but some things as someone who values the world things irk me a bit.

I really don't have a problem with the wraith like stuff but some things as someone who values the world things irk me a bit.
Makes no sense really.
Just like having Gollum from the movies while everything else is completely contradictory to them.

Makes no sense really.
Just like having Gollum from the movies while everything else is completely contradictory to them.

I don't disagree. Some of it appears to be a little wacky with how they're tying things together.

I'm not shocked they're using Gollum and depending on how they use him it may work. A lot is going to depend on if he could actually be in that part of Middle-earth wherever they meet him.

I'm not a fan of the fact they're acting like Sauron didn't trick the elves into helping make the rings of power and Sauron having sons. The first was a comment made during the panel at Comic-Con and I almost got up to correct the man but that wouldn't have been cool. The other was in this trailer and just plain old nonsense. I really don't have a problem with the wraith like stuff but some things as someone who values the world things irk me a bit.

I can understand that. I get that way about things in the Batman universe. Little changes Nolan made, would kind of annoy me, as they went against everything I knew. I am kind of excited for SOM. I love the Middle Earth setting, as we do not get a lot of games set there, especially away from the trilogy time period. I hope they are respectful of the world and lore. This is one of the games I am rooting for to actually exceed the hype. Cause there doesn't really seem to be any.

I can understand that. I get that way about things in the Batman universe. Little changes Nolan made, would kind of annoy me, as they went against everything I knew. I am kind of excited for SOM. I love the Middle Earth setting, as we do not get a lot of games set there, especially away from the trilogy time period. I hope they are respectful of the world and lore. This is one of the games I am rooting for to actually exceed the hype. Cause there doesn't really seem to be any.

I'm the same way with the movies. Most of the changes PJ makes are still respectful but he does have a few that irritate me. That all being said I am excited for this game and can't wait to jump into Middle-earth and run around. I hope it does well so we can get more games except I would like to see them set within either The Hobbit Trilogy or The Lord of the Rings. The ROTK game is still my fave and I'd love on the next gen systems to tackle both trilogies.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Here Are Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor's Achievements And Trophies

preview
by Kyle Hilliard on August 16, 2014 at 11:24 AM 3,456 Views

We learned a lot about Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor during Gamescom, and developer Monolith Productions has some more details to offer with the game's Achievements and Trophies.

You can check out the full list below. You won't see names of characters or specific story beats in the list, but there's always the risk of spoilers when looking at a game's Achievements and Trophies ahead of completion, so tread lightly.

A Graug's Heel (10 GP): Capitalize on a Warchief's fear
A Mighty Doom (10 GP): Acquire a level 25 rune
A New Master (15 GP): Brand a Captain while in combat
And it Burns, Burns, Burns (15 GP): Use the detonate ability to burn 50 Uruks
Bearer of the Shining Lamp (20 GP): Collect 100 percent of the Ithildin
Black Celebration (15 GP): Poison a captain at his own feast
Burning Vengeance (15 GP): Perform an execution on a flaming berserker
Crowned with Living Light (10 GP): Collect 50 percent of the Ithildin
Divide and Conquer (15 GP): Eliminate the bodyguards of two Warchiefs, then draw them out and kill them
Fire of Justice (30 GP): Complete all Urfael Legend Missions
Fly you fools! (10 GP): Make 20 Uruks flee by dropping Morgai Fly nests
Height of Despair (10 GP): Use Strike From Above while at least 60 feet above the target
Iron of Death (10 GP): Issue a Death Threat, and then successfully kill the target
Jaws of Death (10 GP): Attract caragors with bait five times.
Legend of Shadow (10 GP): Complete a Dagger Mission and begin growing the legend of Acharn
Legend of Vengeance (15 GP): Complete a Sword Mission and begin growing the legend of Urfael
Legend of the Maker (10 GP): Complete a Bow Mission and begin growing the legend of Azkâr
Liberator (30 GP): Complete all Outcast Rescue Missions
Lord and Master (10 GP): Brand all five Warchiefs
Master of the Wilds (20 GP): Complete all Hunting Challenges
Memories of Eregion (20 GP): Activate all Forge Towers
No Power in Numbers (10 GP): Help a Captain survive a Recruitment Power Struggle, and then kill him and all his new recruits
Paid in Blood (20 GP): Unlock four Dagger Rune slots
Paths of the Dead (20 GP): Collect 25 percent of the Artifacts
Power Vacuum (10 GP): Kill all five Warchiefs before any Uruk takes their place
Ranger of Ithilien (20 GP): Complete all Survivalist Challenges
Repaid in Blood (10 GP): Complete a Vendetta Mission
Rise and Fall (20 GP): After an Uruk kills Talion to become a Captain, help him become a Warchief, then kill him
Scout of the Morannon (20 GP): Successfully complete a Survivalist Challenge
Shadows of the Ancient Past (30 GP): Collect 100 percent of the Artifacts and listen to their memories
Stinking Rebels (20 GP): Brand five Bodyguards of a Warchief, turning them against him in combat
Strike True (20 GP): Unlock two Bow Rune slots
The Cold Light (20 GP): Unlock three Sword Rune slots
The Free Folk (15 GP): Complete an Outcast Rescue Mission
The Last Shadow (30 GP): Complete all Acharn Legend Missions
The Maker's Bow (30 GP): Complete all Azkâr Legend Missions
The Spirit of Mordor (20 GP): Start a Riot by commanding a Warchief to attack another Warchief
The White Rider (15 GP): Liberate 30 slaves in 180 seconds while riding a caragor
Thrill of the Hunt (20 GP): Successfully complete four Hunting Challenges
Unleashed (10 GP): Free five caragors from cages
You Will Obey (20 GP): Make an Uruk yours
PlayStation Exclusive:

Master of Mordor: Platinum trophy for unlocking all achievements
For more on the game and the inclusion of Gollum, which releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 September 30 and PC on October 2, head here.

Email the author Kyle Hilliard, or follow on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and Game Informer.

Filed under: middle-earth: shadow of mordor, playstation 3, xbox 360, preview, action, xbox one, playstation 4, shadow of mordor, middle-earth, lord of the rings, achievements, ps4, ps3, trophies, middle earth

Back