The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah there is a lot of 'book accurate' criticism that feels disingenuous when you consider how much would have to be invented no matter how faithful you were to the lore. The second age isn't a narrative, it's a fairly brief historical document. A list of 100 Numenorian kings doesn't translate into a good television show. A fair amount of deviation should be expected, if not required to stitch together something watchable.

That's not to say everything the show has done has been the best choice. I was enjoying it for the most part but I have to say the reveals of the finale were very underwhelming to me.
I don't dislike it for not being book accurate which neither the Hobbit movies or LOTR were. Both series have elements I am no fan of, but there is so much good.
This show had me a bit intrigued but the writing quality IMO became progressively worse. There were no standout characters except maybe Meteor Man and ironically, the female dwarf. Think I really gave up when the sorceresses laughably picked the wrong guy and one of them was an inch away from being a busty Viking opera singer. Horrible editing where I'd give the she Bilbo an award for being able to cry so much, it took an eternity to get moving. Trying to hook up Galadriel and Sauron WTF. The Macguffin rings look like POTC cosplay aaaaaaarrrggghhhh matey we be cheap set pieces....
The finest smith of the age dodders around in a nightgown. Cheesily ripping off lines and scenes from LOTR.

Am hard pressed to decide whether GOT finale or this one was worse. Ok if u are gonna write fan fiction but at least try making good fan fiction. The only real question is whether Elendil and the queen get to hook up.

Just finished it. That was quite a lot ... for very little.

Liked the witches... or mystics... or whatever they were. Not sure how I feel about "the surprise". Not done clearly as there's more rings to make. I really don't understand Galadriel or her reasoning anymore.

Did Adar die?

Just finished it. That was quite a lot ... for very little.

Liked the witches... or mystics... or whatever they were. Not sure how I feel about "the surprise". Not done clearly as there's more rings to make. I really don't understand Galadriel or her reasoning anymore.

Did Adar die?
Adar is still alive, although I imagine not for long one Sauron turns up on his doorstep. I actually enjoy Adars character, he doesn't seem to be out for world domination like Morgoth/Sauron are but rather just wants a home for his people. Granted it's at the expense of others.

I imagine Sauron will come back to Celebrimbor as Annatar next time.

Adar is still alive, although I imagine not for long one Sauron turns up on his doorstep. I actually enjoy Adars character, he doesn't seem to be out for world domination like Morgoth/Sauron are but rather just wants a home for his people. Granted it's at the expense of others.

I imagine Sauron will come back to Celebrimbor as Annatar next time.
Who is the witch king!

I just finished the last 2 episodes of this and I'm struggling to find much positive to say about the whole thing.

Highlights for me were I guess: some of the early Galadriel stuff, Durin/Elrond, episode 6 which I think overall had some good tension, and Gil-Galad discussing the forging of the rings in the last episode or so.

Outside of that? Yeesh. I'm struggling to understand what exactly Galadriel's line of thinking is with not revealing Halbrand's true identity or even why the answer to that dilemma would be to forge even more rings? Or how they're going to decide forge even more? Why does she feel like nearly the same character all the way through? Why are they still being coy about the Istar?

It's not as bad as some youtubers and what not are suggesting, but its still very mixed bag overall and I can't exactly say I'm dreading the however many years until its return. This will really need to step it up next season.

Balrog probably just a teaser for season 2 surely?
If the magical tree dies, he is free or sth aling those lines

Spoilers for those unfamiliar with the source material:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I didn't like that they gave it a typical roar/howl ... it was much more surprising when it gaped at Gandalf and the only sound was furnace flames from within ...

I’m really enjoying the show!

This show is the perfect "date night" type show.

"I'm tired of watching this dribble, how about we just have sex instead?"

"Can we [redacted] and then we can [redacted] and maybe since we just got some coconut oil from Costco, we can [redacted]?"

"Why not, go on, mine for some "Mithril" before I pass out....Just turn off the TV"

:mexwave

oh-my-george-takei.gif

They can’t use the Silmarillion since they don’t have the rights to the book. Tolkien was not settled on what was canon on middle earth. Mostly of what we have now is previously unpublished material, notes, and letters. So is your canon canon just the published stuff when he was alive? Do you include Unfinished Tales and The Silmarillion? The History’s? The Letters? Even Galadriel was always changing. In the end, Amazon only has the rights the appendices not the other books, notes, or letters. Anything too close and they will get sued.

He put his joojoo into the tree mixed with white knights joojoo... and it all ran down into the ground and got hard. Now its magic.

Spoilers for those unfamiliar with the source material:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I didn't like that they gave it a typical roar/howl ... it was much more surprising when it gaped at Gandalf and the only sound was furnace flames from within ...

Yeah I got all that. What I don't get was did the show runners think this was some kind of reveal? :lol

I thought it was going to play into the finale or something instead it was basically just a "memba this" scene.

Back