Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something else that I've been thinking about. One of the more disappointing things in this game, is that the "horn" doesn't actually grow. It's shown in certain moments, or when Big Boss is looking in the mirror during a flashback. But, it stays the same size throughout the game. It grows mataphorically, alluding to some sort of meta symbolism about the game, but that's all it is. It really sucks.

Also, wasn't Venom Snake supposed to see things if the shrapnel on his head got hit? I've finished the game last week, and done tons of side-ops with Venom Snake getting pulverized by machine gun fire, bombs, mines, you name it. I haven't seen illusions at ANY time.

I think it did. I think it was mentioned that Kojima wanted one of the belts on Snake to represent his 'demon tail' or something. Some of the evil symbolism is a bit silly though, though I get the horn.

Something else that I've been thinking about. One of the more disappointing things in this game, is that the "horn" doesn't actually grow. It's shown in certain moments, or when Big Boss is looking in the mirror during a flashback. But, it stays the same size throughout the game. It grows mataphorically, alluding to some sort of meta symbolism about the game, but that's all it is. It really sucks.

Also, wasn't Venom Snake supposed to see things if the shrapnel on his head got hit? I've finished the game last week, and done tons of side-ops with Venom Snake getting pulverized by machine gun fire, bombs, mines, you name it. I haven't seen illusions at ANY time.

I read that it actually grows if your demon points become higher. If your heroism points are higher then it's remains the same length.

The horn grows.. and you ended completely stained with blood

You can't remove the blood from your body and face, unless you gain some heroism points. (The MB shower doesn't work btw)

Like this:

2la963r.jpg

Last edited:
And I understood the hallucinations part as an explanation for the early displays by the 3rd boy's power at the beginning of the game.

I never expected to have actual hallucinations.

I want demon status, but you need to **** up a lot to get that don't you? Or you just need to kill a bunch of people?

You need to kill a bunch of people I think. I heard if you make a nuke you automatically become a demon.

Totally see what you are saying, it would have had a real impact if the people who were landing hits on you turned into demons or something, would have taken the game to a cool dark place.

Phew. So far I've completed all side missions and fully expanded Mother Base. All that's left are the S-rank missions, checklist and animal hunting. The rest I think will gradually unlock with time. I've gotten all the platinum trophies for all MGS games so I might as well soldier on with this. :lol

really liking the game so far, just hid from sehelanthropus until i could get extracted, thats as far as i got. cant play today, have a car show to go to, maybe ill play a little later. i havent really been able to stay away from the spoiler thread unfortunately, cant wait to actually see what ive read happen. i know you guys hate the ending, guess ill have to see it for myself.

really liking the game so far, just hid from sehelanthropus until i could get extracted, thats as far as i got. cant play today, have a car show to go to, maybe ill play a little later. i havent really been able to stay away from the spoiler thread unfortunately, cant wait to actually see what ive read happen. i know you guys hate the ending, guess ill have to see it for myself.

I'd totally go to a car show than play this game. :lol

For me, there's plenty more problems aside from the ending.

My biggest problem is that there is nothing to support the "Race and REVENGE™" themes, except that everyone and their mother wants REVENGE™ in this game. It's lousy storytelling at best. MGR had a better REVENGE™ story than this.

This game gets better and better now that I have played it more. Though there are still some sillyness (as usual, I guess), like burning man, skulls unit and some really weird science. But all in all; there is much to do and at leat now you get to play and not just watch cut scenes. Plotwise I still prefer MGS3 and MGS1. I'm playing chapter 2, so I don't really know about the whole big picture. I think MGS2 and 4 might have been a bit pompous even, but what I have seen thus far I would give 3/5 to this plot. Playability feels rather good too, but I just hate those vehicle controls. They just feel so clumsy. Luckily there are those rails on motherbase, or I would have most likely died couple of times while driving a jeep.

Even the Quiet is actually that annoying even though she feels a bit like some kind of a awkward fan made character. But not that annoying. It is actually a bit sad that everyone in the motherbase seems to hate her. Eli on the other (possibly Liquid??) is the kind of brat that I would just toss in to the sea legs bound...what? He is an a-hole.

This game gets better and better now that I have played it more. Though there are still some sillyness (as usual, I guess), like burning man, skulls unit and some really weird science. But all in all; there is much to do and at leat now you get to play and not just watch cut scenes. Plotwise I still prefer MGS3 and MGS1. I'm playing chapter 2, so I don't really know about the whole big picture. I think MGS2 and 4 might have been a bit pompous even, but what I have seen thus far I would give 3/5 to this plot. Playability feels rather good too, but I just hate those vehicle controls. They just feel so clumsy. Luckily there are those rails on motherbase, or I would have most likely died couple of times while driving a jeep.

Even the Quiet is actually that annoying even though she feels a bit like some kind of a awkward fan made character. But not that annoying. It is actually a bit sad that everyone in the motherbase seems to hate her. Eli on the other (possibly Liquid??) is the kind of brat that I would just toss in to the sea legs bound...what? He is an a-hole.

3/5, that might be around where it is... if it wasn't do disjointed in it's structure. But for a MGS, anything under 4/5 is unacceptable IMO. I'd give MGS4 a 4/5, strictly based on it actually having a narrative.

I get the feeling when I boot this up later, it's going to tell me someone stole my three nukes... They're so easy to steal if your patient enough sneaking into an FOB. If/When they do get stolen, I'll just make one to get that trophy and never mess with them again. They're pretty useless all things considered. It's basically just a status symbol.

Back