Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're making a third? :lol I'm just sticking with Mother Base and one FOB for now.

Oh sorry, I meant the third Command Platform for my only FOB. You can max out everything to 4 platforms each, right? Have you maxed out yet?

I'll never get a second FOB, the cost is too great or I could do micro transactions. :yuck

Oh sorry, I meant the third Command Platform for my only FOB. You can max out everything to 4 platforms each, right? Have you maxed out yet?

I'll never get a second FOB, the cost is too great or I could do micro transactions. :yuck

Mine is being developed now. By the time I get home, all the Platforms should be maxed. Once those are done, I'll finish Mother Base, which takes half the time to do compared to FOB.

Mine is being developed now. By the time I get home, all the Platforms should be maxed. Once those are done, I'll finish Mother Base, which takes half the time to do compared to FOB.

Mother Base itself was easy, I've already maxed out all of the platforms. Them FOBs however, is one big headache. Thankfully, I think the in-game rewards are substantial enough to warrant the busywork. The FOBs still develop despite the console being off, doesn't it?

Mother Base itself was easy, I've already maxed out all of the platforms. Them FOBs however, is one big headache. Thankfully, I think the in-game rewards are substantial enough to warrant the busywork. The FOBs still develop despite the console being off, doesn't it?

FOBs do, I don't know about MB. It's so stupid that FOBs still do, but resources don't... the game is so broken.

FOBs do, I don't know about MB. It's so stupid that FOBs still do, but resources don't... the game is so broken.

Didju you ever found out if you could deploy vehicles in Combat Deployment? Also, does the physical copy comes with manual?

Btw Mother Base doesn't develop when the console is turned off. Only while you're playing the game. I know, right? :pow

Didju you ever found out if you could deploy vehicles in Combat Deployment? Also, does the physical copy comes with manual?

Btw Mother Base doesn't develop when the console is turned off. Only while you're playing the game. I know, right? :pow

No manual, and you can't manually add vehicles to a deployment. Some deployments require them so they do it automatically. Battle Gear, ****ing sucks... what's the point of it if you can't add it to every deployment? That's automatically added to high end missions.

My biggest problem is that there is nothing to support the "Race and REVENGE™" themes, except that everyone and their mother wants REVENGE™ in this game. It's lousy storytelling at best. MGR had a better REVENGE™ story than this.

Race? I thought the second theme was Language.

But revenge is pretty well supported imo, the whole ordeal is about getting revenge on Skullface, and it was pretty rewarding to see
Spoiler Spoiler:

And then
Spoiler Spoiler:

I was just thinking... Kojima is done with Konami as we all know. And all the dudebros on Facebook are like "he can start his own company!!!"... ugh no. Honestly, I think Konami had enough of Kojima behind the scenes and didn't want to deal with him anymore. There's probably a lot of **** we don't know about, but you don't take your only star developer and fire him without a reason.

He'll never be the main cornerstone of a game's development ever again, or a good game at least. What other company could he even go to? He'd stay in Japan, and I'm sure the western devs wouldn't want him either. He's probably going to only produce further MG games (and get all the credit) or he'll get picked up by either Capcom or Square (Both of which no one gives a **** about nowadays)

Well, let's put it this way Pliss, Kojima is the Michael Jackson of gaming. Both are eccentric fruitcakes with brilliant work to back them up, but both have sunk really low at some point in their careers.

Yeah, and both had a short lived "respected" career I think. I just can't wrap my mind around people giving this 9s and 10s... it's like living in the "They Live" universe and everyone is brainwashed unless you have the truth glasses.

I just read on FB how David Hayter wouldn't be able to deliver that "you're all diamonds" line as well as Sutherland... full retard... all of them.

2qj0jgN.gif

Yeah, and both had a short lived "respected" career I think. I just can't wrap my mind around people giving this 9s and 10s... it's like living in the "They Live" universe and everyone is brainwashed unless you have the truth glasses.

I just read on FB how David Hayter wouldn't be able to deliver that "you're all diamonds" line as well as Sutherland... full retard... all of them.

Are you on Twitter, Pliss? Have you seen the stuff Kojima retweets from fans? People gravitate to anything he sells. People get tattoos of "V Has Come To" or cosplay as a Quiet long before the game even came out, without any context whatsoever. It's blind worshiping , because everything Kojima touches turns into gold.

We are EXACTLY the folks that Kojma criticizes way back in MGS2. Thus nowadays, Kojima just rolls with what fans want, instead of trying to challenge them intellectually because let's be frank, us MGS fans can't really take a joke. In short, it's the fans that define Kojima's work, and he'll have to cater to that. And forgive my harsh words, but these MGS dudebros can become VERY nauseating.

I'm referring to he Facebook/Twitter fans, not anyone here btw. :lol

Are you on Twitter, Pliss? Have you seen the stuff Kojima retweets from fans? People gravitate to anything he sells. People get tattoos of "V Has Come To" or cosplay as a Quiet long before the game even came out, without any context whatsoever. It's blind worshiping , because everything Kojima touches turns into gold.

We are EXACTLY the folks that Kojma criticizes way back in MGS2. Thus nowadays, Kojima just rolls with what fans want, instead of trying to challenge them intellectually because let's be frank, us MGS fans can't really take a joke. In short, it's the fans that define Kojima's work, and he'll have to pander on that, and forgive my harsh words, but these MGS dudebros can become VERY nauseating.

I'm referring to he Facebook/Twitter fans, not anyone here btw. :lol

I just stick with Facebook, and even that is slowly being fazed out of my life.

I just don't know what made the community mutate into this blind following Nazi regime... if you don't go along with the program and have a rational mind... you get flamed.

MGS3 was the last "good" game of the series... but personally I find it overrated, since it didn't have much to "say" and was just a straightforward Bond film.

To be fair, Quiet is not that hard to make a costume of. You just need to damage some panty hose, that's it :lol her lack of a notable hair style makes this even easier, most girls in the pics probably are using their real hair, not a styled wig. It's probably also since there's not really many other female characters to do a costume of, compared to the males and their variant costumes.

Ryan's still got a point though, and it's sad. Some of this probably began during MGS1, and got accentuated as it went on. MGS dudebros are a plague though, **** those guys. Near killed any intrigue I had for this series.

I can give MGS4 a pass, considering how I feel about MGSV. I think the true problem began in PW. I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't even be bothered learning about "Hot Coldman"... like seriously? This is the best name you could think of? The whole "Peace" **** getting rammed up our ass constantly. Singing robots... and ****ing Huey? Stop with the constant reusing of MGS1 already! Christ, it feels like no one ever gets bothered with that or notices it.

I think rather, the problem became impossible to ignore, and the only reason people overlooked PW was because it's a portable game, which is a terrible excuse. We had a third Big Boss game but this time, there wasn't really an actual point to its story, considering the things about The Boss is stuff we already know.

Still, the singing AIs, a worse version of Otacon that is morbid to think about, PEACE!, and everything...no reason, nothing at all. I give MGS 4 a slight pass, but I really expected more from it.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but PW has WAY more story than TPP... and it's a goddamn portable. At least every sideop felt like it had value. There's so much padding in this, it's utterly ridiculous.

I'll tell you one thing, the helicopter intro every goddamn mission gets old... really fast.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but PW has WAY more story than TPP... and it's a goddamn portable. At least every sideop felt like it had value. There's so much padding in this, it's utterly ridiculous.

I'll tell you one thing, the helicopter intro every goddamn mission gets old... really fast.

Or Portable Ops. Or Ghost Babel. Or Acid 2. All of them had superior plots to boot.

Not sure if I should say this out loud, but MGSV shares some similar concepts with the plot of MGA2..

Back