Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll be set with these two things:

Big Boss' mindset after Peace Walker events:

You could watch the movie cut on youtube of Peace Walker, but I think that recap might be more helpful!

Thank you very much. I know the reviews are all OMFG KOJIMA THE BEST ITS A MASTERPIECE, but I think I will wait a few months. Im confused how Metal Gear ***** came before the so awkwardly designed but 'revolutionary for its time' REX.

Kojima strikes again I guess.

Thank you very much. I know the reviews are all OMFG KOJIMA THE BEST ITS A MASTERPIECE, but I think I will wait a few months. Im confused how Metal Gear ***** came before the so awkwardly designed but 'revolutionary for its time' REX.

Kojima strikes again I guess.

Some people can ignore that fact, but I sure as hell ain't one of them.

At face value it seems less advanced and less stable than Rex, Rex was awkwardly designed, but it moved way faster and had better weaponry, it was a freaking tank, Rex would rekt Inbred Rex no problem, but, what really distracts me is obviously the fact that the aesthetic is completely out of place and does look more "advanced", at least more stylized, and the sword, which got me thinking and it suddenly hit me...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I put it in spoiler tags just in case, it's just a theory it occurred to me last time I watched the trailer, it would certainly explain the weird aesthetic and sword.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

That's actually a pretty good theory. I don't mind the design, I just didn't like that big Whiplash thing it was using that caused whatever to grow from the ground. Just seemed really out of place.

played a lil bit and i can say the Intro is one of the best Intros i've played (after the Last of us)

to me atleast ..

At face value it seems less advanced and less stable than Rex, Rex was awkwardly designed, but it moved way faster and had better weaponry, it was a freaking tank, Rex would rekt Inbred Rex no problem, but, what really distracts me is obviously the fact that the aesthetic is completely out of place and does look more "advanced", at least more stylized, and the sword, which got me thinking and it suddenly hit me...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I put it in spoiler tags just in case, it's just a theory it occurred to me last time I watched the trailer, it would certainly explain the weird aesthetic and sword.

What if....

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's actually a pretty good theory. I don't mind the design, I just didn't like that big Whiplash thing it was using that caused whatever to grow from the ground. Just seemed really out of place.
What if....

Spoiler Spoiler:

The whiplash thing reminded me of
Spoiler Spoiler:

I was also reading the Sumerian account of the tower of Babel and how the gods ****ed man's language in order to keep control over us, couldn't help but remember the talk about language in the Elegia trailer.

played a lil bit and i can say the Intro is one of the best Intros i've played (after the Last of us)

to me atleast ..

That's saying something, as much as I love MGS it doesn't even come close to TLOU in terms of feels.

TLOU has the only intro that has ever made me cry.

Same.

And the ending left me like

U4bK0x4.gif

For days.

TLOU has the only intro that has ever made me cry.
same. God damn, that's horrifying.
And the ending left me like

U4bK0x4.gif

For days.
The ending was something to REALLY take in, didn't see a lot of it coming.
I think I just hate fanboys in general. I'm more familiar with MGS, so I can talk about this fan-base, more than I could with anything else. It's a good series, with enormous flaws that are good for discussion. But, at the end, you just have to accept it for what it is and move on.
I can't stand fanboys either, or just people who are blind to flaws in **** they like. Remember that MGS freak I told you about? Dude was like that to so many franchises, it's unbelievable. I just thought it was MGS at first, but he's like that with everything with games.

The ending was so unsatisfactory and that's why it was perfect imo, can you imagine Ellie living with the dissatisfaction/satisfaction that Joel save her, for the rest of her life? Damn, no perfect happy ending in that world.

There was never going to be a happy ending, it was fairly clear. So many dead, more to follow...you can end the infection in that game, all right, but you can't end the evil of the humans in that game. Bill's right, the humans are worse than the infected at times.

It wasn't clear what would happen exactly, I didn't expect that massacre.

Quite frankly, I loved what Joel did in the end. Ellie was like his adopted daughter, and no parent (except the crazed, ideological ones) would ever sacrifice their own child for the greater good. After all of the **** they've been through, you can't expect Joel to care about humanity. A man like him, would just want to live out his life in peace, and raise the kid who became his daughter.

As for Ellie, I think she knew what Joel did, but accepted it, regardless. It's quite a burden to bear, indeed.

Naughty Dog polled single parents in for their response to the ending, and they all agreed with Joel. They might have said something about other parents too. Joel also lost a lot in the last 20 years, between his own brother leaving him and Tess dying, who knows what else? It makes sense what he did in the ending. People ***** way too much about the ending, that Joel is a horrible character (not in the morality sense, the written sense), but I swear, when people talk **** about TLoU, they try too hard and come off as hipsters. The game is far from perfect, but it's different from other games out there and does what it does fantastically.

Humanity screwed Joel so much too, he already lost his first daughter to them. Probably his wife too well before the outbreak. Ellie probably has some sort of idea about the hospital incident, but Joel didn't out right lie to Ellie, he told her half of the truth. But she is suspicious probably. Some logs in the hospital showed that Ellie wasn't the only one immune, for instance.

My issue with TLOU was more of the tired elements that were directly lifted from Uncharted (inescapable NON-STOP SHOOTOUTZ), otherwise the setting, the mushroom-zombies, the characters and the story (+ ending) were good.

Some HK shops are selling the US day one edition now, I was really surprised. Didn't know it has a poster/map inside the case, seems like a lot of places to explore.

Spoiler Spoiler:

^
Just saw it on FB. It does really look like cheap plastic.
They could have tried to make the paint app look more like metal (like what HT did with monger or whiplash2)

Thanks for the video, OMG.

Back