Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol yeah dem fugly.

'cept for the Batmobile.

I have to admit that the new suit is somewhat growing on me, like guilty pleasure.

Why is he trying too hard? We've seen worse before :lol

Yeah, could be, but she's obviously still there even when we can't see her, how else would you explain the thud and the sound wave when she hits the ground even when we can't see her.

The cuffs part caught my eye as well, I can't really decipher that, maybe it's like you say, she has certain control over her molecules, including controlling her electromagnetic field , being making herself invisible, somewhat changing the shape of her limps.

I don't see how the nanomachines were lazy, sure it removed the mysticism and a lot of the paranormal feeling, but from a logical point of view it was nothing but obvious, it made sense and it was seeded from very early in the franchise.

I get that, my main example would be fortune... she had "powers" that turned out to be the result of a device they gave her... but then it turns out she actually did have a power of some sort... AWESOME! ... but then to explain that away again with a second technology (nano machines) is just weak

It was recently reported that the English version of Kojima Station is suspended or on indefinite hold. Not sure what led up to that.

I'm gonna miss the the self glorifying nature of the show, where people sing campfire songs of Kojima as if he's an intergalactic messiah who descends to our earthly realms every millennium, while in reality he's probably 5 cubicles away.

Great, I hope it's gone for good :lol.

I would love to see a campfire song about Kojima oh maaan...about nanomachines, snakes, everything!

I get that, my main example would be fortune... she had "powers" that turned out to be the result of a device they gave her... but then it turns out she actually did have a power of some sort... AWESOME! ... but then to explain that away again with a second technology (nano machines) is just weak

Yeah, I would love if Quiet was the reason the optical camouflage was created, like if they experimented with her abilities when she was a child to harness her "powers".

Yeah, I would love if Quiet was the reason the optical camouflage was created, like if they experimented with her abilities when she was a child to harness her "powers".

Wait, the Fear had stealth too. :lecture

That being said, I always thought that the Cobra's crazy powers in MGS3 weren't real, instead being a manifestation of Snake's inner turmoil, but Peace Walker had to make all those power canon.

Wait, the Fear had stealth too. :lecture

That being said, I always thought that the Cobra's crazy powers in MGS3 weren't real, instead being a manifestation of Snake's inner turmoil, but Peace Walker had to make all those power canon.

Yeah but it was device thingy, a prototype, wasn't it? What if they created the stealth camouflage using Quiet's powers?

Just a crazy theory at the top of my head of course.

Yeah but it was device thingy, a prototype, wasn't it? What if they created the stealth camouflage using Quiet's powers?

Yup, even Sigint wasn't up on that tech at the time, I forgot how they explained how it work though, like the suit reflected some sort of sun light or something and it would disappear or some crap. It's been too long since I played MGS 3.

50a47e79afa96f1ff40012e4.gif

Eeww, no. The Fear's usage of stealth camo in MGS 3 was most likely before Quiet was even born (she does look very young in the MGS V trailers). He probably even had access to it during the Cobra Unit's stint in WWII.

Last edited:
I just hit me- MGS4 tried desperately to explain almost every bizarre occurrences in the series, even up to Vamp's wall running abilities. I wonder if MGSV will do the same? It does seem like Kojima is reverting to the laid back psychedelic traits of the series, which I love but totally clashes with the "darker" nature of the game.

I just wonder why does the violence have to be so explicit in the new direction. Brutal acts of war is always omnipresent in the series, but to have it spelled out for you this time is intellectually insulting. There has to be something we're missing here.

If that is the case, that means we could see something about The Boss actually, as stuff about her could be with the darker nature of the game. I mean, I already understood her by the end of MGS3 alone, then PW made things confusing. In this case, though, it might be only about stuff in MGS3 and PW - perhaps a bit more info on The Boss's unit, like The Sorrow in particular when it comes to the craziness. It could potentially foreshadow some of the odder ones, I believe one such foreshadowing is Psycho Mantis right? Volgin might be explained too, who knows?

50a47e79afa96f1ff40012e4.gif

Eeww, no. The Fear's usage of stealth camo in MGS 3 was most likely before Quiet was even born (she does look very young in the MGS V trailers). He probably even had access to it during the Cobra Unit's stint in WWII.

:lol yeah but there are like 20 years of difference, if Quiet's say 24, it could be.

But I guess it is way too forced.

Just trying to make some sense of Quiet's abilities.

I just hit me- MGS4 tried desperately to explain almost every bizarre occurrences in the series, even up to Vamp's wall running abilities. I wonder if MGSV will do the same? It does seem like Kojima is reverting to the laid back psychedelic traits of the series, which I love but totally clashes with the "darker" nature of the game.
It didn't seem desperate to me more than just, well, natural, and about the psychedelic traits, I love them too, and don't think they clash with the tone, neither the humor, I always like those tone switches.

I just wonder why does the violence have to be so explicit in the new direction. Brutal acts of war is always omnipresent in the series, but to have it spelled out for you this time is intellectually insulting. There has to be something we're missing here.

Rather than patronizing, I think it's honest, you have characters in the series that have been through some seriously twisted ****, as bad or worse than Paz's death and torture, but you weren't there to see it, in this game you find yourself in the middle of those happenings, the game censoring that for you would be hypocritical, imo GZ was smart in keeping the rape as a tape and highly speculative, but something like gore (that we have seen plenty already in the series) remains.

People just blew it out of proportion.

The schedule, in case someone missed it

https://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=15873

I can’t wait to see the jungle setting, hopefully that setting has an affect on the gameplay, I would love if we can go all Arnold in Predator and smear dirt all over for night time infiltration.

Even though this is a long shot, I’m hoping on the merchandising end, Konami announce a HT TPP Big Boss.

I can’t wait to see the jungle setting, hopefully that setting has an affect on the gameplay, I would love if we can go all Arnold in Predator and smear dirt all over for night time infiltration.

Even though this is a long shot, I’m hoping on the merchandising end, Konami announce a HT TPP Big Boss.

I can totally see Kojima announcing the figure, if it doesn't happen next week it will happen in another event

I came home from the vet regarding my amputated cat and the doctors said he has a mild case of the phantom pain. I know what phantom pain is but I'm not familiar with it within animals so I decided to Google it.

Naturally, all the top suggestions are related to MGSV. Damn you Kojima, I'm working here. :lol

I came home from the vet regarding my amputated cat and the doctors said he has a mild case of the phantom pain. I know what phantom pain is but I'm not familiar with it within animals so I decided to Google it.

Naturally, all the top suggestions are related to MGSV. Damn you Kojima, I'm working here. :lol

:lol :rotfl :lol excellent :hi5:

Back