Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Phantom Pain (Possibly MGS related?) - update - MGSV?

But Volgin is very dead.

I think its Phyco Mantis(the kid in the trailer). He did say on twitter that he resurrected a dead character. Mantis makes more sense, being a kid in this story and messing with BigBoss' mind!

On Solid Snake. Kojima recently said he's not done with Solid, implying the next Metal Gear would star him (most probably before MGS4). But at the same time also hinted at a WW2 setting with The Boss.

I actually believe that the "burned man" that we saw in the Ground Zeroes trailer, was the same guy with bandages around his face who was helping Big Boss to escape from the hospital in the "Phantom Pain" trailer.

Definitely the best hypothesis on his identity so far, just there still is no clue on who the man is.

Definitely the best hypothesis on his identity so far, just there still is no clue on who the man is.

That doesn't make sense cause you can see facial features under the bandages.. And the burned guy is a high ranking officer of some sort not a younger soldier. And the kid in the cage could be anybody, personally I think it's snake but I'm sure all of us are way off lol

and i was looking up phantom pain (the clinical term) and it all has to do with lost limbs and stiil feeling them there, one of the sideffects.... halucinations

Hmnnn.. could this be a nightmare/hallucination or some sort? And oh it features snake w/o a left arm.. could this be after mg or mg solid snake? but come to think of it! yeah BB was old at the events of MG so I dunno...

timthumb.php

Is that a whale tail at the emblem?

Last edited:

That patch on Big Boss's shoulder is the emblem for Militaires Sans Frontieres. The image is flipped.

340510.gif

So, after the Militaires Sans Frontieres, Big Boss Establishes Fox hound? .. or was it the other way around, Big Boss Quits Fox hound and makes his own group?

So, after the Militaires Sans Frontieres, Big Boss Establishes Fox hound? .. or was it the other way around, Big Boss Quits Fox hound and makes his own group?

The second one. Foxhound was founded in 1970, MSF in 1972.

That doesn't make sense cause you can see facial features under the bandages.. And the burned guy is a high ranking officer of some sort not a younger soldier. And the kid in the cage could be anybody, personally I think it's snake but I'm sure all of us are way off lol

and i was looking up phantom pain (the clinical term) and it all has to do with lost limbs and stiil feeling them there, one of the sideffects.... halucinations

The kid in the cage has long been known as Chico.

and the Bald Doctor with Glasses is Sokolov?

Sokolov's long lost son that was experimented on by the Patriots. They stuck a radio in his chest to see if it would be possible for the human body to resonate the sound of a boom box. For some odd reason, he grows up to be Gray Fox.

Sokolov's long lost son that was experimented on by the Patriots. They stuck a radio in his chest to see if it would be possible for the human body to resonate the sound of a boom box. For some odd reason, he grows up to be Gray Fox.

cant tell if serious or trolling my lack of knowledge on the subject...:monkey1

I thought gray fox would be way older at this point as its the 70's, and he was born in the 50's... and the chest plug is one of the more ridiculous thing Kojima has done, I dont like it

I'm just playing around :lol. Chico isn't that interesting of a character (to me, anyway). He's a child soldier in the FSLN regime in Costa Rica. He was first featured in Peace Walker, and doesn't do anything besides giving advice to Snake on the optional Monster Hunter side missions :monkey1. He's quite useless, to say the least.

https://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Chico

cant tell if serious or trolling my lack of knowledge on the subject...:monkey1

I thought gray fox would be way older at this point as its the 70's, and he was born in the 50's... and the chest plug is one of the more ridiculous thing Kojima has done, I dont like it

yeah plus a teenage grayfox just showed up in the events of portable ops

IGN Discusses the Trailer

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdmjofEyIdg[/ame]

I'm just playing around :lol. Chico isn't that interesting of a character (to me, anyway). He's a child soldier in the FSLN regime in Costa Rica. He was first featured in Peace Walker, and doesn't do anything besides giving advice to Snake on the optional Monster Hunter side missions :monkey1. He's quite useless, to say the least.

I really hope they replace his VA. Even the style of VA in MetalGear can be quite cartoony, this new game looks alot darker and calls for a more mature VA style.

The first smart move was to put Jack Bauer in the game

Well this is kind of interesting. At first I thought that some HC MGS fan is high on crack or something, but it really seems to be related to MGS Ground Zeroes or whatever the next metal gear solid game is called.

He was a complete waste of a character spot in PW, there is just so much wrong with that story...

When the **** is Frank Yeager going to pop up in Big Boss's life again?

Back