Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, when Big boss was holding down that kid in the yellow jumpsuit that's when it said snake is back. Are you sure that it isn't snake as that little kid? Weren't they just talking about how big boss wasn't going to be called snake anymore? On the very very first Ground zeroes video we saw people were speculating that that kid was believed to be Solid Snake. I may be wrong. What do you guys think?

Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Eli is probably Liquid Snake. "A youth that curses his fate."

"I'm the one Father chose."

I really didn't care for that. More technology out of place. I thought it was ZEKE booting up until I saw it was a little dinosaur with a gun thing.

I'm mainly looking forward to this for cameos of characters from the Snake era games.

Last edited:

Eli is probably Liquid Snake. "A youth that curses his fate."

"I'm the one Father chose."
:lecture I do agree with this, as by the time he's 18 he went to join the British SAS and was there till he was capture ... In Iraq if i remember correctly. So 6 years with Big Boss. Sounds logical

I really didn't care for that. More technology out of place. I thought it was ZEKE booting up until I saw it was a little dinosaur with a gun thing.
Yeah, it they got all these before and during 1984 - then REX was just made solely just to carry the rail gun.

:lecture I do agree with this, as by the time he's 18 he went to join the British SAS and was there till he was capture ... In Iraq if i remember correctly. So 6 years with Big Boss. Sounds logical

Yeah, it they got all these in 1984 - then REX was just made solely just to carry the rail gun.

Damn fine point. He is so inconsistent ever since PW. ZEKE and Peace Walker threw continuity out the window.

It's impossible at this point that the mechs in the 90's take a dip in tech compared to the 80's.

Don't forget, we had holograms in the first trailer >_>

Just saw the trailer. I'm really digging the graphics technology above anything else. I'm a bit suspicious on the amount of violence depicted, I'm hoping it was not just for shock value or it boiling down to Kojima having delusions of making his own Schindler's List.

All in all looking forward to what happens next, with all the ambitions that seems to be in the making of the game, I'd like to see how KP will handle the pressure of the David Hayter issue, and how hints of Kojima's ambitious story telling would be received by the pubic.

Just saw the trailer. I'm really digging the graphics technology above anything else. I'm a bit suspicious on the amount of violence depicted, I'm hoping it was not just for shock value or it boiling down to Kojima having delusions of making his own Schindler's List.

All in all looking forward to what happens next, with all the ambitions that seems to be in the making of the game, I'd like to see how KP will handle the pressure of the David Hayter issue, and how hints of Kojima's ambitious story telling would be received by the pubic.

It feels more like he's trying to make a gritty war movie than a MGS game. I do think he's trying to go for shock value. The usual bells and whistles of a MGS game don't feel like they're there.

It feels more like he's trying to make a gritty war movie than a MGS game.

Given the entire MGS series is omnipresent with Japanese anime sensibilities, that's not an easy task. The real risk comes from blending all this elements together and making it work.

I'm not saying that Kojima couldn't pull it, I'm sure he could, but he might have greater success if it was a new IP. If you have women and children getting tortured and the next scene is a boss battle with a teleporting accountant who shoots grenade between his legs, you might end up with a tale that's unintentionally funny.

Given the entire MGS series is omnipresent with Japanese anime sensibilities, that's not an easy task. The real risk comes from blending all this elements together and making it work.

I'm not saying that Kojima couldn't pull it, I'm sure he could, but he might have greater success if it was a new IP. If you have women and children getting tortured and the next scene is a boss battle with a teleporting accountant who shoots grenade between his legs, you might end up with a tale that's unintentionally funny.

You got a point there. It's as if he's trying to make a new franchise within the game. It's so out of the norm of a typical MGS. Not that it's a bad thing mind you, but if he wants to go a radical route all of a sudden with the franchise it would be best suited in a new IP like you said.

I wonder if Raiden will make a cameo in some form during this game. Even if not physically. He has been in 2,3 & 4 in some form.

Raiden and Big Boss do share the name Jack. Maybe somewhere along his travels Big Boss visited Liberia and fathered a child we dont know about. Then disappeared. The Mother named him Jack. Some time later Big Boss orchestrated Solidus to find him.

Maybe even Raiden time travels like the mgs3 spoofs to change time!

I wonder if Raiden will make a cameo in some form during this game. Even if not physically. He has been in 2,3 & 4 in some form.

Raiden and Big Boss do share the name Jack. Maybe somewhere along his travels Big Boss visited Liberia and fathered a child we dont know about. Then disappeared. The Mother named him Jack. Some years later Big Boss orchestrated Solidus to find him.

Maybe even Raiden time travels like the mgs3 spoofs to change time!

When they showed the black children with AK's, I immediately thought of Liberia. You're onto something.

Although the naming of Raiden might be coincidence or Solidus just named him after his father.

It could be a big plot twist if it was worked in realistically. The whole point we played as Raiden in MGS2 and why he is as prominent as the snakes himself these days because he is and was the only natural, biologically born child of Big Boss all along. He is interwoven with the Snakes history since a child. There could be a reason.

That's a little soap opera-ish having him be able to conceive all along. Unless, that's how the Snake's were made from the beginning. But MGS4 negates that with it's awful retcon.

Duncan Macleod was eventually able to father a child during Highlander The Light -_- Could happen! Though even if Raiden was son of Big Boss he is a machine now anyway... except for Raidens kid,

Duncan had a kid? I was unaware. Anyway, I loved the show but Connor is always top dog for me with the Kurgan and Ramirez second.

I do have suspicion on Eli being Liquid. We never knew Liquid's real name. And besides, Koji hides stuff in plain sight. If it looks enough like a character, it's probably them.

Like with the original TPP trailer. "OH NO ITZ OCELOT ON A HORSEY!"

I immediately dismissed that thinking it was too easy to assume... low and behold I'm wrong.

Duncan had a kid? I was unaware. Anyway, I loved the show but Connor is always top dog for me with the Kurgan and Ramirez second.
Yup, i made an Error the movie is called " Highlander : The Source " though. Its the only Duncan exclusive story and its the last movie of the original story. Its pretty bad. But theres some fun aspects.

Back