Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I like how I'm troll but you have completely derailed the discussion with your petty bull****.

My bad,lets get back on topic. Here you go since you love Solid Snakes so much.

iDzRqsQteBWqH.gif

Happy now?:):peace

Common guys, were all fans here at the end of the day. I understand the reactions on both sides.

I mean this is a truly next gen evolved MetalGear, reminds me a little of what Kojima was saying when he hyped MGS4 but never delivered with that title. Smooth animation, dynamic gameplay. More like a movie, featuring a big time actor.

But also its changed too much, its looking more like every other game out there. still has some weirdness that most people dont like about the series. And they changed an iconic voice which is 80% of any character which is usually bad in any medium! Imagine if Robert Downey wasn't Ironman anymore... exactly.

Ths is my favourite franchise of all time, so when something seems off people react to the extreme, and to be fair nobody seems to be reacting to that level on these forums, so lets get to the games

back on topic: You thin Kojima will return once again? as usual he said this is his last title.
Remember he said he wasn't done with Solid Snake as well as wanting to do a game featuring The Boss?

If he does bring Solid back, im very interested in what point of his life we'll see. Hopefully he doesnt do that 3d capture of an actor for Snake, like he said Snake already has a look!

Everyone calm down. If you don't like someone's opinion in every thread they post then put them on ignore.

Common guys, were all fans here at the end of the day. I understand the reactions on both sides.

I mean this is a truly next gen evolved MetalGear, reminds me a little of what Kojima was saying when he hyped MGS4 but never delivered with that title. Smooth animation, dynamic gameplay. More like a movie, featuring a big time actor.

But also its changed too much, its looking more like every other game out there. still has some weirdness that most people dont like about the series. And they changed an iconic voice which is 80% of any character which is usually bad in any medium! Imagine if Robert Downey wasn't Ironman anymore... exactly.

Ths is my favourite franchise of all time, so when something seems off people react to the extreme, and to be fair nobody seems to be reacting to that level on these forums

It will stay my favorite sure. But my actual "love" has been wearing thin lately.

But it's not where to the degree of how bad Resident Evil is.

The trailer isn't even 24 hours old, if you don't expect negative reactions you're insane.

Everyone calm down. If you don't like someone's opinion in every thread they post then put them on ignore.

:exactly:

Apparently my opinions are purely trolling and not thought out opinions like I was deluded into thinking.

The enemies look pretty freakin bad ***. "the ones who don't exist"

also seeing the amount of Children in the game, there is a possibility of seeing one of the Snakes as children. they re about 12 in TPP

Liquid was raised by BigBoss right? If i didn't know any better i would say Eli could have been Liquid, and BigBoss recruits him to DiamondDogs.

Im really really hoping the story is actually good again. I would crumble if the amount of money and star power they've put here only for the plot to be weak sauce

Anyway. To talk about the aspect I like are:

The desert environment seems pretty interesting and really looks great on FOX.

Vehicles are a bit weird for this franchise, but will probably be more of a Battlefield clone in terms of actually playing it. It will probably be a buffed up MGSPW way of playing it. The multiplayer was the shining aspect of that game I liked.

The Assassin's Creed type of acrobatics might work. It might end up being a blessing since there might be a lot more dynamic ways to hide.

I hope this time around it's harder to stay hidden out in the open.

It always bugged me how visible you can be in MGS3 and even MGS4 yet your camo is 90%.

The enemies look pretty freakin bad ***. "the ones who don't exist"

also seeing the amount of Children in the game, there is a possibility of seeing one of the Snakes as children. they re about 12 in TPP

Liquid was raised by BigBoss right? If i didn't know any better i would say Eli could have been Liquid, and BigBoss recruits him to DiamondDogs.

Im really really hoping the story is actually good again. I would crumble if the amount of money and star power they've put here only for the plot to be weak sauce

Well Big Boss was partial to children than adults. I guess that's why they showed Fox and Chico as children on a way to start including that.

The story will be worlds better than anything that was on the PSP titles based on the fact it's not on a handheld. I just hope they reign in the story so it's at least coherent. The last two prequels took a hit from the hardware and the writing.

Isn't the kid at the end of the trailer Chico? Was BB choking him?

Also did anyone else notice Kaz's right arm and left foot missing?:thud:

Last edited:

I don't think that's Chico, wasn't he captured by that Skull Face guy?

I don't think that's Chico, wasn't he captured by that Skull Face guy?

Yeah, that scene where Snake is choking him is in GZ. During the GZ demo, Snake was told to find Chico and Paz because they were kidnapped by that Skull Face guy.

I'm sure there will be a lot more trickery with future trailers. You never can make heads or tails on what the story is until you're playing it.

I wonder if Kiefer knows about all the negativity toward the actor change.

Last edited:

I'm sure there will be a lot more trickery with future trailers. You never can make heads or tails on what the story is until you're playing it.

I wonder if Kiefer knows about all the negativity toward the actor change.

He said his nephews are fans of MGS. I just imagine an awful family gathering with them yelling at Kiefer lol

I'm not entirely sure he's mad at Kiefer, he's just doing a job. They both work in the acting trade so I'm sure he understands. But I'm sure Hayter is majorly pissed off on how he was treated since he was such a integral part of the franchise for so many years to just get passed over.

I'm not entirely sure he's mad at Kiefer, he's just doing a job. They both work in the acting trade so I'm sure he understands. But I'm sure Hayter is majorly pissed off on how he was treated since he was such a integral part of the franchise for so many years to just get passed over.

Were I him, I'd be more upset with Kojima and co than Keifer.

Assuming this isn't all a ruse or something :lol

Were I him, I'd be more upset with Kojima and co than Keifer.

Assuming this isn't all a ruse or something :lol

With the trolling he's done, it makes you think that this is all bogus. But I can't see Keifer taking part in this weird publicity stunt.

Well... yeah :lol

But I honestly don't think someone of his status would take part in it, if he didn't actually have a part in the game. Unless, the facial recognition demo was bogus and Hayter is actual doing the voice and face capture. If Keifer isn't BB, then who could he be playing? Probably Skull Face.

Time will tell.

Kojima just tweeted that the director's cut trailer will be around 9 minutes long

Maybe we can at least gauge what the story will actually be. He's hoping we see at least some kind of Easter egg of the Snake children.

Back