Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Fox Engine is wasted on this.

Jump ship and just do MSX remakes and end the series officially.

iE07vEmOdCntK.gif

Yeah it's funny... Not the usual excitement for an MGS release...

It's the utter ineptitude on the way it's being handled. It offers thus far nothing that hasn't already been seen. Nothing special about Kiefer's acting. And it's another cast of characters that are completely forgettable.

Watching the trailer again, another reason it was disappointing is there want enough game-play or story in it. We didn't see Keifer act as BigBoss. Neither was there a release date or any kind of new info. Also they're still calling him Snake!???

I can't stand the song. This cheesy 90s power ballad, really Kojima?

All this talk of it being a new type of Metal Gear but it seems to carry the same weirdness. I see what he was trying to do but kinda failed in parts. Should have removed the cheese and kept Hayter imo.

New Coke is such a great analogy by Hayter. Sums up exactly what this project is.

Fox Engine is wasted on this.

Jump ship and just do MSX remakes and end the series officially.

Back to trolling my posts? Get a life dude.

You really believe he wasted the FOX engine on this?:lol smh okay. I see your your MGS **** talking every time I come into this thread and every other MGS related thread for that matter. I usually ignore your crap but now you really are posting some dumb ****, and your constant negativity is rubbing off on people, making this **** unenjoyable. If you dont like this game, what is the point of even posting here? Its apparent you dont like it,say your peace and go,it's getting so old.:horse And looking at your post count to join date ratio,maybe you should take your own advice dude.

Sometimes i wish i stuck with wanting to work in the game industry, go a job at Konami and help fix Metal Gear.
The missteps they've made in the games since MGS3 have been soo obvious, its ridiculous. Maybe no-one has the ***** to tell Kojima when an idea sucks anymore.

Dont get me wrong im still pumped for this game. I think the trailer was boring looking because of the unimaginative setting, theres still lots we have yet to see.
also im hoping for more complexes classic MGS style, thats what we love!!

p.s If this is what the game looks like on xbox one, how will it look on current Gen. Because this trailer looks the same level graphically of every other one. Hopefully it doesnt look crap. (Im getting a PS4 on release so im o.k with it but still)

You really believe he wasted the FOX engine on this?:lol smh okay. I see your your MGS **** talking every time I come into this thread and every other MGS related thread for that matter. I usually ignore your crap but now you really are posting some dumb ****, and your constant negativity is rubbing off on people, making this **** unenjoyable. If you dont like this game, what is the point of even posting here? Its apparent you dont like it,say your peace and go,it's getting so old.:horse And looking at your post count to join date ratio,maybe you should take your own advice dude.

My opinion is my opinion, I don't change anyone's mind here. I'm not leaving so deal with it you big baby.

And if you want to bring up post count, most of the posts I've seen you do in these MGS threads are just condescending ****** replies.

If you don't like what I got to say, put me on your ignore list or get over it.

Zombie is complaining about the game too, I guess he's another evildoer in your feeble mind.

Sometimes i wish i stuck with wanting to work in the game industry, go a job at Konami and help fix Metal Gear.
The missteps they've made in the games since MGS3 have been soo obvious, its ridiculous. Maybe no-one has the ***** to tell Kojima when an idea sucks anymore.

Dont get me wrong im still pumped for this game. I think the trailer was boring looking because of the unimaginative setting, theres still lots we have yet to see.
also im hoping for more complexes classic MGS style, thats what we love!!

p.s If this is what the game looks like on xbox one, how will it look on current Gen. Because this trailer looks the same level graphically of every other one. Hopefully it doesnt look crap. (Im getting a PS4 on release so im o.k with it but still)

It's going to warrant a purchase, especially if you've been into the series for years. It just feels like a miss for the grandeur that the other games had during their initial trailers.

I wish people would just wait on more news to come instead of basing their whole stance on the game with this trailer. Kojima himself said more footage will be released during E3. C'mon guys just be a little more open minded.

Theres an extended trailer getting shown at Konami's booth/conference later today.

Hopefully the extra 3min contains cooler stuff. I cant wait for more interviews and such. Release date is most important info for me. Im really hoping Ground Zeroes at least comes out this year, i loved the look of that section the most soo far.

I didnt think i cared that much about Hayter not voicing BigBoss specifically but hearing the lack of him in the trailer felt wrong. I just really hope he returns.
Kojimas talk about using more actors in future has me doubting that though. Surely he sees the backlash, so wussup!?

I tried to be more open minded after the last trailer before the E3 footage. It's just that aside from the engine capability, it didn't capture attention like the MGS4 footage or anything prior.

Has Hayter mentioned anything regarding it?

Theres an extended trailer getting shown at Konami's booth/conference later today.

Hopefully the extra 3min contains cooler stuff. I cant wait for more interviews and such. Release date is most important info for me. Im really hoping Ground Zeroes at least comes out this year, i loved the look of that section the most soo far.

I didnt think i cared that much about Hayter not voicing BigBoss specifically but hearing the lack of him in the trailer felt wrong. I just really hope he returns.
Kojimas talk about using more actors in future has me doubting that though. Surely he sees the backlash, so wussup!?

I think this year for release is wishful thinking. The pattern of former games is usually a 2-3 buffer. Probably sometime next year, maybe 3rd 4th quarter.\

What I do like about the game is the fact since it's so open world, you can lay down anywhere to hide pretty much. But the vehicle stuff seems so unnatural in this genre.

My opinion is my opinion, I don't change anyone's mind here. I'm not leaving so deal with it you big baby.

And if you want to bring up post count, most of the posts I've seen you do in these MGS threads are just condescending ****** replies.

If you don't like what I got to say, put me on your ignore list or get over it.

Zombie is complaining about the game too, I guess he's another evildoer in your feeble mind.

:lol what a hypocrite. Ive never seen anybody whine about anything as much as you,no joke. Dont pull Zombie into this either you moron, I have nothing against him. Not gonna put anyone on ignore,I'm waiting for the moment Kojima does something that completely breaks you :lol Go on continue crying, shouldnt be too much longer :wave

:lol what a hypocrite. Ive never seen anybody whine about anything as much as you,no joke. Dont pull Zombie into this either you moron, I have nothing against him. Not gonna put anyone on ignore,I'm waiting for the moment Kojima does something that completely breaks you :lol Go on continue crying, shouldnt be too much longer :wave

Reported. I'm tired of your personal problem with me.

I'm not whining. I reply to other posts with an opinion. Do you even understand that this is a forum and not your house?

Hey man, nothing wrong with having some negative reactions to a game. Games wouldn't get better without criticisms. Where's the love? :monkey3

Hey man, nothing wrong with having some negative reactions to a game. Games wouldn't get better without criticisms. Where's the love? :monkey3

A new trailer came out and reactions aren't merited here I guess. I guess there is only a 5 minute window to voice an opinion.

The trailer left a bad taste in about 50% of the people in this thread. I didn't change anyone's heart in here like he seems to think.

Reported. I'm tired of your personal problem with me.

I'm not whining. I reply to other posts with an opinion. Do you even understand that this is a forum and not your house?

Lol whatever.

I agree but when you see it post after post,page after page,day after day it gets really really old. Its not like he just posts some negative reactions, its constant,his whole whole demeanor is to bash the crap out of this game. He doesnt want anything to do with it,why even come back and bash it? Trolling 101. Go ahead and take a look at his post history,you'll see. I guess for me if I dont like something I move on. Makes no sense to sit there and whine about it:dunno

I like how I'm troll but you have completely derailed the discussion with your petty bull****.

Back