METAL GEAR SOLID thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Snake and Liquid are twins don't worry. Nevertheless, I think they do look different, at least when the game was released on the PSX. And if you look at some Shinkawa artworks, you'll see that he likes to make them look rather distinct.
I'd actually find it kinda crappy if the same actor were playing both parts. But that's just me.

Yeah, it might look weird, but it's been done in movies before. Not to mention they can add "make-up" and disguise the voice a bit. You still have Big Boss and Solidus Snake too.:monkey1

Actually, I believe Solid & Liquid are actually GENETIC TWINS and not Identical Twins... though I know they are drawn similarly and look alike the main comparison between them is that they share the same genes as Big Boss...but can very well share looks with who could be their "mothers" (the cloning techniques used in MGS have not been explained). Solidus is also one of the genetic sons of Big Boss....the first one in fact.

Hence why you get the different voices, different hair color, etc.

For bwayne and Mudshark, thanks. I looked again as I thought they were 12", but they are only 7" too. I can't believe that they are trying to sell those for that much!! I only want the big figures, so I guess I will hold out for the super expensive ones. :monkey2

For bwayne and Mudshark, thanks. I looked again as I thought they were 12", but they are only 7" too. I can't believe that they are trying to sell those for that much!! I only want the big figures, so I guess I will hold out for the super expensive ones. :monkey2

That's cool. I'd much rather have 12" versions, too, but I've already got several sets of the smaller scale figures from MGS and MGS 2 and 3. And these are the 20th Anniversary figures... I couldn't resist! :monkey5

About the only one that looks good for the 7" scale is the MGS2 Snake. Otherwise, the rest are an easy pass.

I don't know for certain, but it looks kinda like the padded parts are applied, possibly glued onto the light blue rubber body suit. The suits look really cool, but I have a feeling they aren't made to last and will require a minimum of handling, not to mention periodic maintenance to prevent the material from decomposing. Unless this is some kind of new super stuff, which I doubt, then UV rays, heat, and humidity are likely to do a job on it over time.

After reading the review of it I'm beginning to think the best thing might be to just leave them in their boxes! Definitely do NOT want to risk cracking or tearing the suit, and what's the point in trying to pose the figure if it doesn't have solid hands and wrist joints? I like to display figures holding their weapons most of the time. Guess I'll have to wait and see what the deal is first, but I must say I'm kinda bummed by the negative comments so far. :monkey4

Dont bend the joints,leave it like it is,this is very weak by medicom.MGS is the only figures i collect from medicom,they are not a option for me if Hot Toys have the same figure line.

I'm sorry Rock, I have trouble seeing the cracks in your photos...they're a little too blurry.

So is actual RUBBER on the suit tearing apart? Or is it the paint coming off?

I'm sorry Rock, I have trouble seeing the cracks in your photos...they're a little too blurry.

So is actual RUBBER on the suit tearing apart? Or is it the paint coming off?

if i had a better camera i would have taken some pics of the problem,if you ever saw the problem with the "Appleseed Ex Machina" figures,this Snake has the same problem,its not the dark blue rubber that cracks open,its the bright blue parts,it may be what you say,the paint that comes off.

Check this link,on the Hot Toys Appleseed Ex Machina figures,this is EXCACTLY the same problem with the Snake figure.

https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread.php?action=printable&tid=50676

if i had a better camera i would have taken some pics of the problem,if you ever saw the problem with the "Appleseed Ex Machina" figures,this Snake has the same problem,its not the dark blue rubber that cracks open,its the bright blue parts,it may be what you say,the paint that comes off.

Check this link,on the Hot Toys Appleseed Ex Machina figures,this is EXCACTLY the same problem with the Snake figure.

https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread.php?action=printable&tid=50676

Thanks man, that explains and shows it a lot better.

Dang, I'm really disappointed with that. :monkey4 It looks almost like a combination of the two, the paint almost is pulling the rubber right off as some places.

Why didn't they just mold the rubber suit in that bright blue color instead of painting over it? They had plenty of time to even do so considering MGS4 had been delayed (again) and these figures were supposed to be released alongside the game.

Dang, I'm really disappointed with that. :monkey4 It looks almost like a combination of the two, the paint almost is pulling the rubber right off as some places.

Why didn't they just mold the rubber suit in that bright blue color instead of painting over it?

I know,very dissapointing,and this figure cost 170$!!!My advice is that you should use your money on something else,unless youre a Hardcore MGS fan,like me,but even i wouldnt have bought it if i had known this in advance.

Why didn't they just mold the rubber suit in that bright blue color instead of painting over it? They had plenty of time to even do so considering MGS4 had been delayed (again) and these figures were supposed to be released alongside the game.

The way that stuff was peeling away didn't look like any kind of paint to me, but more like an outer layer of rubbery coating that was applied or molded to the base material, to give it that smooth texture. In any case, that kind of thing is unacceptable with figures in this price range.

I have the same Appleseed figure that was shown with the suit damage. It may be an isolated incident, 'cause mine has no sign of similar weakness in the suit... so far. I'm more concerned about creases that may form and later split, like under the armpits and crotch. With this sort of material it may only be a matter of time before it naturally breaks down, unless there's a way to preserve it somehow. That and a minimum of handling seem to be the only way to possibly prevent that sort of damage from occurring.

The most depressing thing is that this really limits the "fun" factor. Many of us like to photograph them in different poses, and not only stick them on a shelf. If we're not going to be able to do that safely with these MGS figures then it's gonna kill a lot of the pleasure of having them for some of us! :monkey2

Well, he looks posable, but I'm still wondering how those hands & wrist joints work. Doesn't look too bad in ABC's pics, but from the ones you (Rock83) posted earlier, it's kinda hard to believe he really can do that.

ohh man !! I am actually thinking of canceling mine :(

I am a big fan of MGS but If I get him and something rips OMG I would hit the roof.
Once I fing a good pose I tend not to move them alot. This things are very expensive to be playing arround with them.

I dont like the price and to tell me I cant pose it with out ripping something

COME ONE !!

Ohh well I got a few weeks to make up my mind

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL !!

MGS#1

I'm still going to get it soon. Come on guys, it's Snake dammit!:D
I'll post pics as soon as I have him in hand

I'll be receiving him on Fri (couldn't cancel my preorder). :monkey2 sigh...... $150+ and I'll be afraid to pose him, not my idea of fun. I'll be keeping him boxed until this suit problem is cleared up. If it is a major problem I'm gonna have to sell him.

Nice,looking forward to hear what you think of it,bend the joints carefully,take my advice!

Back