METAL GEAR SOLID thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some pics that show what can happen.....:monkey4 Looks like the paint will just peel off...

2277530938_275bce568a.jpg

2276734869_baa0bf4780.jpg

2276734869_baa0bf4780.jpg

In Snake's case that does look like peeling/flaking paint! I think the trouble with the Appleseed figures was more of a de-lamination problem. Well, as long as the rubber suit doesn't develop any nasty cracks, a little paint flaking wouldn't bother me too much I guess. I've really been looking forward to both Snake and Raiden figures, and I'd really hate to cancel my pre-order unless there was an extremely good reason. A little missing paint could likely be touched up so's that it wouldn't show, depending on where and how much. Still, for that much cash you'd think they'd have used something just a little bit more durable...

I canceled mine. I can't afford it anyways. I feel better that I did. Sorry for the people that really want this. :monkey2

Just got my Old Snake and was pleased to find that his face is a lot better than most pictures show. I haven't opened him up but suit looks real good and no signs of peeling so far. Hopefully the peeling was more of an isolated incident (like the HT Appleseed figures).

p.s. The box is awesome!

Sorry dude I'm gonna wait for awhile before opening him up. I want to play it safe since I dropped $150+ on him......if the peeling turns out to be a major problem I'll probably sell him off. :monkey5

No, that's a good idea. I guess by the time mine comes from SSC, we will know if this is a wide spread problem. By the way, were did you get yours, ABC-Express or from eBay?

I live in Taiwan so I got mine from a local dealer. Since Taiwan is close to Hong Kong and Japan we usually get our stuff pretty early! The bad part is we don't have a good refund policy since these local dealers aren't offical distributers of Medicom. So that means we're screwed if we get a defective Medicom product. With Hot Toys we can send it back to HK for replacements but I guess Medicom's customer service isn't as good (has anyone heard anything about sending stuff back to Japan?).

I live in Taiwan so I got mine from a local dealer. Since Taiwan is close to Hong Kong and Japan we usually get our stuff pretty early! The bad part is we don't have a good refund policy since these local dealers aren't offical distributers of Medicom. So that means we're screwed if we get a defective Medicom product. With Hot Toys we can send it back to HK for replacements but I guess Medicom's customer service isn't as good (has anyone heard anything about sending stuff back to Japan?).

Well, I haven't actually done that 'cause I'm already in Japan, but retailers here will generally exchange defective figures right away if they're still in stock. Luckily, I've never had to send anything back to the maker for repair/replacement. Some companies, and Medicom is one of them, include a postcard and parts list with their figures, in case you need to replace something. But that might be only for customers in Japan. If your figure didn't include any documentation, then you'll probably have to return it to where you bought it, like with Sideshow.

Medicom's figures used to take forever to get released even in Japan, but they've gotten better at meeting release dates lately. If the MGS figures are already out in Taiwan, then they're probably out here as well. I ordered mine from Alter Ego, so I guess it's going to be a while longer before I get mine. I wish Hot Toys figures would get here faster... they always take forever!!!!! :monkey2

Not yet, but I'm sure the konami webiste has some stuff. I just saw the trailer for Metal Gear Online, and that looks pretty crazy! :monkey5 Go check out the trailer on IGN. I'd post up the website, but my work blocks it. :monkey2

Actually, I believe Solid & Liquid are actually GENETIC TWINS and not Identical Twins... though I know they are drawn similarly and look alike the main comparison between them is that they share the same genes as Big Boss...but can very well share looks with who could be their "mothers" (the cloning techniques used in MGS have not been explained). Solidus is also one of the genetic sons of Big Boss....the first one in fact.

Hence why you get the different voices, different hair color, etc.

Yea, I thought they were clones of Big Boss; that's the impression that MGS2: sons of liberty gave.

I have an identical twins; we have the exact same DNA, but don't look like clones. genes are only one thing, other factors denote what you look like, not just genes.

Also, a post for people not checking the WTB thread, I am looking to buy a MGS3-Snake Eater Series 1 Naked Snake and a Series 2 Ghost Camo/Square Camo Snake.

If you are looking to part with yours to buy some new things, I would love to take them off your hands and bring them into a loving, worthy home. Thanks!

Back