METAL GEAR SOLID thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can anyone get me a high res copy of that mgs4 old snake's face wallpaper that is part of the official ps3 theme? It's the image that's on the box art, but it's wallpaper.

WTF! I JUST beat MGS4. Overall, I liked the gameplay, but what the hell is with the long ass cutscenes!? There's only a few hours of gameplay (4-5) and like 5-6 hours of watching to be done! The sad thing is that afterward, I still havent learned anything! I feel that I was ripped off because of this, but the game was decent.

-CJK

It's up there...I'd give it a high 9. The last act doesn;t consist of much playing the ending is where the majority of the cuts scenes lay which I don;t mind because after beating it I just wanna kick back and watch what happens..

for me is the best game ever made !
love the story line, best looking game ever made, there is enough gameplay for me.

MGS is more for the fans of the series and all this people are picking up the game with out playing any of the other games and complaining about it.
guys just enjoy it.

MSG4 and GTA4 will be on the WAR for best games of the year.

OH yeah! GTA4 was way better in my opinion. But, I will admit that I have never been a fan of the MGS series until I saw 4. And not having played the others DID confuse the hell out of me. Right off the bat they were talking about some Liquid guy, I expected a fricking T-1000 to pop up along the way. I felt stupid as hell whenever I figured out who or what they were talking about!

-CJK

Game play was great but the story was lacking for me in 4. MGS3 is still my favorite MGS.

i thought the story in 4 was great considering they had to wrap all the loose ends up but i didn't play MGS3..ordered it from ebay though for like $12. should be here today or tomorrow...in time for the weekend. glad i bought the 80GB ps3 so i can play the ps2 games...didn't think i would actually use it for that.

i thought the story in 4 was great considering they had to wrap all the loose ends up but i didn't play MGS3..ordered it from ebay though for like $12. should be here today or tomorrow...in time for the weekend. glad i bought the 80GB ps3 so i can play the ps2 games...didn't think i would actually use it for that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

for those in the UK who missed out on the UK limited edition, play.com has just put it up again for order for £80, it may go again pretty damn fast, remember they are going for £180+ on ebay,

i got mine!

for those in the UK who missed out on the UK limited edition, play.com has just put it up again for order for £80, it may go again pretty damn fast, remember they are going for £180+ on ebay,

i got mine!

Yeah...I was lucky. I picked up an Australian LE off eBay for $100, which even included the strategy guide.:D:D:D

The story was a mixed bag...totally exciting and gripping in parts, whilst being corny and confusing in others. However the one constant throughout is the gameplay...perfect in my opinion in so far as it was really fiddly and complex to begin with but soon becomes intuitive and fun once Snake tools up.

In England we have just got the Dual Shock3. Girlfriend permitting i'm planning on playing MGS3, MGS, MGS2 & MGS4 in that order to appreciate the full experience...might take a few months but it'll be worth it!

Back