METAL GEAR SOLID thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Japanese company called Yamato made some 1/6 MGS figures years ago in cooperation with Konami. I only managed to find Meryl and Liquid, probably 'cause they were the least popular, but I got them both for very cheap. Not bad figures for that time, but comparable to Hasbro's SW stuff. Better than nothing, in any case.

Let's start praying Hot Toys goes after the MGS license for their Video Games Masterpiece line... I'd love to see what they'd do with it. :google

Ahh sorry I thought you were talking about Medicom, my bad. And yes I would rather have Hot Toys making use of the MGS license!! They should get the Marvel license too and have a Comic Book Masterpiece line....:D

Ahh sorry I thought you were talking about Medicom, my bad. And yes I would rather have Hot Toys making use of the MGS license!! They should get the Marvel license too and have a Comic Book Masterpiece line....:D

I'd be absolutely down for any of those suggestions. If HT produced Metal Gear figures, you know they'd rock, that's the kind of stuff they do best. The Aliens and Predators are really kind of a radical departure for them. But just look what they've done with the Appleseed Ex Machina figures... my Duenan Knute just arrived today and I haven't put her together yet, but I'm really blown away with the quality of her suit and all the details of her armour and weapons. She's also has a nice weight to her and solid feel that Medicom figures sadly don't have. I can just imagine how great Snake's sneaking suit from the earlier games would look if HT did them, not to mention his arsenal of weapons! :google

I can't wait till my Medi MGS-4 figures get here, they do look gorgeous, but I'm still hoping that HT goes after the MGS license in the not too distant future!
:rock :rock :rock

Damn..lookin good

2262529396_0a0d938249_o.jpg

Krayt, how the frak did you already get that MGS4 Old Snake. They just came out yesterday in HK??!! I'm think of just ordering one on eBay right now instead of waiting until Q2 from SSC.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you borrowed it from an earlier post.

I was watching Lost today,and i honestly cant say ive seen anyone that has a perfect Match on the look AND the deep voice than Josh Holloway,the guy playing Sawyer,forget Bana and Bale,Josh Holloway is the PERFECT guy to play snake in the movie.When you see him determined its just like seeing Snake,for those who watch LOST knows what im talking about.Here is a short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zh9a7uNWeI

I was watching Lost today,and i honestly cant say ive seen anyone that has a perfect Match on the look AND the deep voice than Josh Holloway,the guy playing Sawyer,forget Bana and Bale,Josh Holloway is the PERFECT guy to play snake in the movie.When you see him determined its just like seeing Snake,for those who watch LOST knows what im talking about.Here is a short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zh9a7uNWeI

I've always thought of him for Liquid's part! Not Snake...

You do know the same guy has to play Snake as well, right?

I know Snake and Liquid are twins don't worry. Nevertheless, I think they do look different, at least when the game was released on the PSX. And if you look at some Shinkawa artworks, you'll see that he likes to make them look rather distinct.
I'd actually find it kinda crappy if the same actor were playing both parts. But that's just me.

I know Snake and Liquid are twins don't worry. Nevertheless, I think they do look different, at least when the game was released on the PSX. And if you look at some Shinkawa artworks, you'll see that he likes to make them look rather distinct.
I'd actually find it kinda crappy if the same actor were playing both parts. But that's just me.

Yah, even if Shinkawa gives the two characters extremely differing hairstyles and clothes, Snake and Liquid are still identical twins. I wouldn't really like the idea of having 2 different actors play the roles.

Only Identical twins share the exact same chromosome profile, fraternal twins do not. Since MGS is all about superior and inferior genes shared by identical twins, the roles would require one actor, since having 2 different actors would suggest that Snake and Liquid are only fraternal twins, therefore not sharing the same genetic profile.

That is the extent of my knowledge on genes and stuff. :lol

I'd like to see either Hugh Jackman or Christian Bale in the role. They seem perfect for it.

Yah, even if Shinkawa gives the two characters extremely differing hairstyles and clothes, Snake and Liquid are still identical twins. I wouldn't really like the idea of having 2 different actors play the roles.

Only Identical twins share the exact same chromosome profile, fraternal twins do not. Since MGS is all about superior and inferior genes shared by identical twins, the roles would require one actor, since having 2 different actors would suggest that Snake and Liquid are only fraternal twins, therefore not sharing the same genetic profile.

That is the extent of my knowledge on genes and stuff. :lol

I'd like to see either Hugh Jackman or Christian Bale in the role. They seem perfect for it.

Yes, but would they look good as a blonde? I doubt that...
Like I've always thought there is only one solution: CGI! Plus there would be no doubt that kojima would direct it.

Got it today,its a overall cool figure,but i have a few issues,first,the rubber body is very weak,the bright blue parts of his suit.Bended his shoulder joint carefully since i know how rubber bodies are,and yep,there it goes,it cracks a bit,not much because i stopped immediately,i lifted the forearms up in 90 degrees and there it started again,so my advice is that you shouldnt leave this figure in any extreme poses,thats why i didnt pose this one in these pics either.The dark blue parts of the suit is solid,no worries there.
Second,he has no wrist joints,you can look at the pictures how it is,just rubber.
Doesnt hurt to bend it a little,but dont do it uneccessarily.

Last edited:
The suit problem reminds me of the same thing we saw about the Appleased Ex Machina figures,seems to be the same thing.

I guess I'll get because I'm a total MGS freak but I'm really disappointed with Medicom. I can hardly understand how they have managed to come up with such a disappointing figure while the Snake Eater ones were near perfect :monkey1

I guess I'll get because I'm a total MGS freak but I'm really disappointed with Medicom. I can hardly understand how they have managed to come up with such a disappointing figure while the Snake Eater ones were near perfect :monkey1

Yeah only reason i got them all is because im a MGS fan myself.

Pic of my collection of snakes:

Medicom is way overpriced as well,Hot Toys`products are of a much better quality.

You summed it up really well. I've been buying Hot Toys figures like crazy lately. I had Old Snake preordered since last october (I didn't have any Hot Toys figures then) and this may be the last time I preorder a Medicom product. They are overpriced and they give a lot less effort in their products compared with Hot Toys. Just look at the guns for the RE4 Leons, they are not only of a better quality (moving parts, removable clips...etc) but of greater amount as well --- so not only better quality but also better quantity. Sadly I'm unable to cancel my preorder for Old Snake.....I could have gotten a Predalien instead for about the same price...... My advice to those who are looking to buy figures from Medicom or Hot Toys:

Hot Toys: Preorder - figures will likely be sold out and you'll end up paying much more on ebay. The actual product matches the protos extremely well.

Medicom: Don't preorder - wait until product is released so you can see images of the actual product (may differ from the protos drastically). Not likely to sell out immediately.

Back