METAL GEAR SOLID thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Snake really is taller!:monkey1

Do you think I should grab croc cap Snake(the only one missing and I'll have all 3) or Old Snake?

Old Snake really is taller!:monkey1

Do you think I should grab croc cap Snake(the only one missing and I'll have all 3) or Old Snake?

Yes grab it!! The croc cap is worth the purchase :D Plus you gotta have a one-eyed Snake. You can get him at toytokyo.com, that is where I got mine. I received mine broken but got a replacement hassle-free.

Yeah only reason i got them all is because im a MGS fan myself.

Pic of my collection of snakes:

Nice collection bro! They look awesome, thats one thing that pisses me off about Medicom, highest prices (always) and their quality is not all that great either.

Still they are really nice figures!

Hey Rock83, what is the Snake to Old Snakes left(the far right Snake)? I don't think I've seen him before. And does anyone know were to order the 20th Aniversery 5-Pack of Snakes and Raiden? I really want it bad!!!

EDIT: Ok, never mind, far right Snake is Croc Snake, so what is the version in front of the Square Camo Snake??

Hey Rock83, what is the Snake to Old Snakes left(the far right Snake)? I don't think I've seen him before. And does anyone know were to order the 20th Aniversery 5-Pack of Snakes and Raiden? I really want it bad!!!

EDIT: Ok, never mind, far right Snake is Croc Snake, so what is the version in front of the Square Camo Snake??

I think it was called Ghost Camo. Having the Naked Snake version and the MGS4 on order, I kind of want that one now.

How could Medicom not include wrist joints? What a disappointment. Medicom is not getting any of my money this time.

Inaccurate harness color,very limited face paint application, weak rubber suit, NO WRIST JOINTS, very few accessories. Geez, you're not getting what you pay for in this case.

meh.

Isn't that the Tiger Stripe version?

I think from left to right:
Ghost Camo, Naked Snake(Tiger Stripe) MGS4 and Croc Cap.

Excellent, thanks bwayne. It's just on the box, they call the Ghost Camo, Square Camo. Dumb! But cool, thanks a lot. Were did you get Naked Snake, if you don't mind? PM if you want.

But still, does anyone know were to get the 5-Pack box of figures??!!

Excellent, thanks bwayne. It's just on the box, they call the Ghost Camo, Square Camo. Dumb! But cool, thanks a lot. Were did you get Naked Snake, if you don't mind? PM if you want.

But still, does anyone know were to get the 5-Pack box of figures??!!

I don't think the 5 pack is out yet. I think I have seen pics from the NY Toyfair. As for the Naked Snake, I got that way back when MGS3 came out. It was a limited edition. I got when when it was fairly inexpensive. It is next to impossible to find right now for a reasonable price. I have been asked on numerous occasions, but he is not for sale.

No, I understand. I have a WTB for any MGS3 figures up in the Commerce thread right now, but I don't really expect anybody to part with theirs, just hoping. I can't see how anyone sells their stuff, unless someone is dying and you needs tons of money quick. Hell, my kids won't even get mine, I'm gonna be buried with mine in a tomb!!

No, I understand. I have a WTB for any MGS3 figures up in the Commerce thread right now, but I don't really expect anybody to part with theirs, just hoping. I can't see how anyone sells their stuff, unless someone is dying and you needs tons of money quick. Hell, my kids won't even get mine, I'm gonna be buried with mine in a tomb!!

It was more of a preventative strike on my part. Last time I talked about mine, I had like 10 people jump in with offers. This is one of my favorite figures that I own. Probably the best Medicom figure I own.

How can the light blue parts be more fragile? Isn't the whole suit the same plastic? Is it the paint that cracks?

Oh no, that's just for the Croc or Ghost. The Naked on ebay, which is the only place I can find it, is $350 and up, plus shipping.

Edit: Ok, found the 5-Pack on eBay:

Medicom MGS PVC 5-Pack 20th Anv. Figures

Gotta save up for these.

BBTS has the set for about $84.

As for the MGS4 RAH, I too didn't understand the issues with the body. I can see from Rocks pics that the hands are rubber, but what is the deal with the rest of the figure being fragile. I want to know because I have one enroute as we speak.

I don't know for certain, but it looks kinda like the padded parts are applied, possibly glued onto the light blue rubber body suit. The suits look really cool, but I have a feeling they aren't made to last and will require a minimum of handling, not to mention periodic maintenance to prevent the material from decomposing. Unless this is some kind of new super stuff, which I doubt, then UV rays, heat, and humidity are likely to do a job on it over time.

After reading the review of it I'm beginning to think the best thing might be to just leave them in their boxes! Definitely do NOT want to risk cracking or tearing the suit, and what's the point in trying to pose the figure if it doesn't have solid hands and wrist joints? I like to display figures holding their weapons most of the time. Guess I'll have to wait and see what the deal is first, but I must say I'm kinda bummed by the negative comments so far. :monkey4

Back