Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean a remake of MG? :lol

It'd be awesome to see a modern version of young Snake saving Grey Fox and taking on Big Boss. Then like MGS2 with the Tanker/Big Shell, fast forward to 4 years later (MG2) and to see the events of Snake vs. Grey Fox in a mine field and Snake having to McGuyver a flamethrower to beat Big Boss on modern consoles!

Wow the trailer is amazing! Truley updated game, this is how i thought MGS4 was gonna be. I think Koji learned a thing or two from Naughty Dog about animation. Don't like his face though :S

I just wish they'd call him BigBoss like at the end of freaking PeaceWalker!!

apparently the boy is Solid Snake!

You mean a remake of MG? :lol

It'd be awesome to see a modern version of young Snake saving Grey Fox and taking on Big Boss. Then like MGS2 with the Tanker/Big Shell, fast forward to 4 years later (MG2) and to see the events of Snake vs. Grey Fox in a mine field and Snake having to McGuyver a flamethrower to beat Big Boss on modern consoles!

I mean a remake of MG/MG2 which might end up being MGS5 AND a remake of MGS.

Better quality trailer +extended gameplay:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6O7-RuaC2s[/ame]

Looks great! I watched the trailer with my girl (a huge Wii fan) and halfway through she was like "Wait, is this NOT real!?" lol

Wow the trailer is amazing! Truley updated game, this is how i thought MGS4 was gonna be. I think Koji learned a thing or two from Naughty Dog about animation. Don't like his face though :S

I just wish they'd call him BigBoss like at the end of freaking PeaceWalker!!

apparently the boy is Solid Snake!

I think so too. He's listening to "Here's to you" which is a giveaway about his identity. The same song was used in MGS 4 to commemorate Snake and Otacon for their sacrifices.

But, on that note, I've always wondered why Kojima even bothered to include that song in MGS. It's carries a politically divisive message - regardless of where you happen to stand on the Sacco and Vanzetti trial.

Last edited:
So the fact that in the gameplay demo they actually tell you the boy in the cage is Chico means nothing to you guys?

That looks great. Open world could work just fine.

So the fact that in the gameplay demo they actually tell you the boy in the cage is Chico means nothing to you guys?

Are you sure, they are referring namely to the boy in the cage. It just doesn't make any sense since the boy doesn't look like Chico and is even younger that Chico. So BB would get older and Chico younger? :S

That looks great. Open world could work just fine.

Are you sure, they are referring namely to the boy in the cage. It just doesn't make any sense since the boy doesn't look like Chico and is even younger that Chico. So BB would get older and Chico younger? :S

Go to 11:20 and listen very carefully to what the dude says.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjvUFl5Q6nA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Yeah the boy's definitely Chico

Here's my first impressions: Game looks good but nothing revolutionary... Kojima shouldn't have spoken so much about his Fox Engine. It's really not that impressive when there are dozens of PC games out there that look much better (this vid of Ground Zeroes is the PC version)

Gameplay looks definitely smoother than the previous games which is something we've all been waiting for for quite some time I think.

Am I the only one here who's sick and tired of seeing Big Boss everywhere?? I mean 15 years ago this franchise was all about Solid Snake but now, it looks like Kojima has completely forgotten about him.

My dream would be that Big Boss is playable in the first part of the game (pretty much like Snake in MGS2) and then you can play with Solid AND Liquid for the rest of the game. See them in their youth and all. That'd be sick

Last edited:
My biggest issue is how Big Boss looks. Seriously, his face looks odd.

His jaw is massive and he looks a little Ron Pearlman-esque on the reveal shot. Snake Eater was the pinnacle of his look and, to me, the further refinement in graphics is just losing his character more and more.

Then again, Snake looks very odd in the initial MGS4 trailers and then was back on track in the game, so time will tell.

They found Paz drifting in the caribbean,and if that is a direct link to the Peace Walker incident when Big Boss defeated Zeke and Paz then this shouldn't be more than a week after Peace Walker and it could be Chico in that cage.
That,or she drifted at sea for 10 years:lol Take your pick.

It's pretty simple then,Kojima decided to boost the aging process of Big Boss just to finish the Big Boss story.Simple as that.His Sneaking suit is exactly the same as the one he is wearing in Peace Walker as well.

Last edited:
Back