Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised hearing Paz and Chico's name in the clip.Makes me think that the boy is indeed Chico and the woman they talked about is Amanda.
By watching this clip i can't help but think that the guy with the Hat is supposed to be Zero.The dialogue between Big Boss and Miller and the Fox patches,but then again it can't be with the way he looks now.It didn't look like he had burn injuries in the end of MGS4.

Last edited:
This has to be at least 5-10 years after Peace Walker. Big Boss looks WAY older than he was in Peace Walker and it's not accelerated aging lul.

Chico would be a teenager, and if it was set in 1980 Solid Snake would be 9 years old which that kid looks.

Good point,Chico was about the same age in Peace Walker like this boy is,and yes Big Boss is way older.

What is with the over the top technology in the 1970's? That **** didn't even exist in 2005 during Shadow Moses.

Kojima, I don't Rike your Retcons.

Good point,Chico was about the same age in Peace Walker like this boy is,and yes Big Boss is way older.

If it's Chico fine, but how does it explain how friggin old Big Boss looks?...

I think the whole obsession with Big Boss in South America is friggin stupid...

I was surprised hearing Paz and Chico's name in the clip.Makes me think that the boy is indeed Chico and the woman they talked about is Amanda.
By watching this clip i can't help but think that the guy with the Hat is supposed to be Zero.The dialogue between Big Boss and Miller and the Foxhound patches,but then again it can't be with the way he looks now.It didn't look like he had burn injuries in the end of MGS4.

I don't think it's Chico. Big Boss has aged considerably, so quite a few years have passed since Peace Walker. So, Chico should be much older as well.

I have no idea who the guy with the scar is. Probably a new villain.

If it's Chico fine, but how does it explain how friggin old Big Boss looks?...

I think the whole obsession with Big Boss in South America is friggin stupid...

All of the games post MGS 3 have been friggin stupid. In terms of storyline, I think the series has just lost its way - Kojima doesn't even know what he's doing anymore. In addition, why the hell did Big Boss say, "kept you waiting, huh?". THAT'S SOLID SNAKE'S LINE! Damn poser Boss. :monkey2

All of the games post MGS 3 have been friggin stupid. In terms of storyline, I think the series has just lost its way - Kojima doesn't even know what he's doing anymore. In addition, why the hell did Big Boss say, "kept you waiting, huh?". THAT'S SOLID SNAKE'S LINE! Damn poser Boss. :monkey2

That makes me laugh since people like playing that "he's a clone of Big Boss herp derp" bull **** card.

Big Boss's look, voice, and general story are formed from Solid Snake, not the other way around.

Get this ****ing game out of the way and give me my Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake remakes Kojima you retconning Japanese **** face.

theory;
The boy is chico
this takes place a few days/weeks after PW.
Maybe he dyed his hair for looks or stress genetics ie premature graying of hair.
Also whats with the big boss hate?

That makes me laugh since people like playing that "he's a clone of Big Boss herp derp" bull **** card.

Big Boss's look, voice, and general story are formed from Solid Snake, not the other way around.

Get this ****ing game out of the way and give me my Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake remakes Kojima you retconning Japanese **** face.

Agreed. Solid Snake spent his entire life fighting against his genes - to differentiate himself from Big Boss. In fact, that was the entire theme of MGS 1, to show that someone didn't have to be bound by the curses of their genetic make-up - that everyone is a free individual to determine the courses of their own lives. But, to have Big Boss say Solid Snake's trademark quote, depicts just the opposite; that either Solid Snake copied Big Boss after hearing it from him, or that he was just so similar to Big Boss in mannerisms, that ultimately, he couldn't escape the fate of his genes. Man, I don't even know where this series is going anymore!! :rotfl.

I hate to say it, but perhaps if MGS 3 were never created, the series wouldn't be in such a mess as it is today.

Agreed. Solid Snake spent his entire life fighting against his genes - to differentiate himself from Big Boss. In fact, that was the entire theme of MGS 1, to show that someone didn't have to be bound by the curses of their genetic make-up - that everyone is a free individual to determine the courses of their own lives. But, to have Big Boss say Solid Snake's trademark quote, depicts just the opposite; that either Solid Snake copied Big Boss after hearing it from him, or that he was just so similar to Big Boss in mannerisms, that ultimately, he couldn't escape the fate of his genes. Man, I don't even know where this series is going anymore!! :rotfl.
I thought that was the theme of mgs 2

theory;
The boy is chico
this takes place a few days/weeks after PW.

No, it's much longer than that. If you listened carefully to the conversation, Paz has become a double-agent for Outer Heaven. She was gathering information on Cypher before her cover was blown. That'll take more than just a few days/weeks.

Maybe he dyed his hair for looks or stress genetics ie premature graying of hair.
Also whats with the big boss hate?

Big Boss isn't Old Snake, so he's not suffering from advanced aging. And why would he dye his hair to look like an old man anyway?

In addition, no one really hates Big Boss. It's just the way that Kojima has handled - or messed up the overall storyline since Peace Walker (or maybe MGS 3) that has left some of us concerned.

I got the impression that you were playing as solid snake thats why he said soory for keeping you waiting or something to that effect Im lost someone explain lol

I got the impression that you were playing as solid snake thats why he said soory for keeping you waiting or something to that effect Im lost someone explain lol

Nope its Big Boss or Naked Snake in the trailer.Silly kojima used that slogan again. The whole big boss clone thing is really confusing, especially because they all look similar and share similar names and codenames.

No, it's much longer than that. If you listened carefully to the conversation, Paz has become a double-agent for Outer Heaven. She was gathering information on Cypher before her cover was blown. That'll take more than just a few days/weeks.
They only say 10 days prior they received intelligence that paz was alive. Snake response sounded like he was surprised that she survived the Metal Gear Zeke battle.

Why does Chico have the headphone jack stuck in his chest?

Big Boss isn't Old Snake, so he's not suffering from advanced aging. And why would he dye his hair to look like an old man anyway?
Should have used better punctuation. Stress could cause the graying, or he prematurely grayed.

It could be longer period of time.
Too many questions not enough information.
In addition, no one really hates Big Boss. It's just the way that Kojima has handled - or messed up the overall storyline since Peace Walker (or maybe MGS 3) that has left some of us concerned.
Long as he doesn't do anything extreme like have the whole game take place on the moons of Jupiter. then I'm okay with it.

Thing is Big Boss, or Naked Snake as he was known in the 60's was in his 30's during MGS3. I'm gonna assume MGSGZ is set in the 80's which would put Big Boss in his 50's. And since this serves as a prologue to MGS5, I wanna go along with the theory that MGS5 is gonna be a remake of MG1 and MG2 since MG1 took place in 1995 and MG2 1999.

Last edited:
I do not want any remakes just new games please and is metal gear solid ground zeros metal gear five or something different if not we might not see metal gear 5 till next gen. I also wonder if metal gear solid ground zeros will be a ps3 exclusive like metal gear solid 4.

ITs confirmed MGS:GZ will be on both PS3 and Xbox360,there are logos on some of the pics from konami. Also I believe Kojima himself stated that this was a prequel to MGS5. Im on board with Brandoloneous comment. And thats how I want MGS to play out. With a remake of MGS in there somewhere!

Last edited:
Back