Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said before this is still a tech demo. They could have just put Chico there in the cell. That could be someone entirely different. I don't think this demo has as much to do with the story that everyone keeps looking for. I think it has to do with more of the announcement that there is a new MGS game and it's running on the new fox engine. Hideo did the same thing when SOL came out. I remember parts of the demo (storyline wise) completely different from the actual game. I am referring to some of the liquid ocelot parts of that demo when he is sinking the ship.

The full 1-hour PAX panel.

Hideo Kojima Introspective: The Past, Present, and Future of Metal Gear.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smKmhJngzNo[/ame]

If anybody can remember the announcement of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots or Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, do you recall anything like this, wherein Kojima deliberately confuses/misleads the gamers and then come gametime it was an entirely different thing?

If Kojima did it before, then we can expect a misdirection on Ground Zeroes again.

edit: heres a summary of what happened if you don't wanna watch the whole thing:
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.metalgearsolid.be/&ei=OIjyTcj5NtSp8AOy3_WjBw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CEcQ7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmetal%2Bgear%2Bbe%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DJYU%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D687%26prmd%3Divnsu

Sorry about the Chico confusion, watching the demo Miller(Kaz) clearly asks Snake to find Paz and Chico in that base to protect their mercenary group MSF.

It would have been very cool if he was Solid. The reason i thought so is because BigBoss has aged soo much, so i assumed Chico would be a teen by then. But the trailer implies it takes place right after PeaceWalker (other than how old BigBoss is obv)

If anybody can remember the announcement of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots or Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, do you recall anything like this, wherein Kojima deliberately confuses/misleads the gamers and then come gametime it was an entirely different thing?

If Kojima did it before, then we can expect a misdirection on Ground Zeroes again.

your tottaly right he even did it right before Ground Zeros was shown. Talking about a SolidSnake or The Boss game. Also he said the first demo we'd soo of Fox Engine would be for project Ogre. I hope he pulls an MGS2 and gives us Solid lol

Last edited:
You just pointed out the evidence that it may be Snake and not Chico. It's Kojima were talking about, continuity is always thrown out the window...

If it's Chico, he should be growing facial hair and pubes by now.

We still don't know when the game takes place. Everyone is guessing around two weeks to 10 years from Peace walker.

If Big Boss is already in his 50s during Peace Walker, then I'd say he was just using hair dye during Peace Walker, then decided 'the hell with hair dye'..
and this stoppage of using hair dye is symbolism on when he starts turning against reason and becomes this diabolical super-soldier menace we will come to know. :lol

Seriously, I follow Kojima on Twitter, and the guy is so self-centered & nuts! :slap

I just would not believe anything he says, because he is obviously cooking some misdirection tactic, and I'll just not expect anything. :tap
Although it's good to speculate here in forums. :clap Bring on more theories.

So who's this guy then in relation to MGS Ground Zeroes... I was hoping for a metal gear game where I get to command a dog dangit!
20120222mgs-440x600.jpg

Yeah it was called Sons of Liberty and it had Raiden. I am a Raiden fan but I did not see that coming.

I think Foxdie 45 had a good point about this just being a tech-demo, and not the actual game play. Obviously, there are some inconsistencies in that trailer that don't hold up well to scrutiny. Better to just accept it as a demo for the Fox Engine, and not as the actual game.

Yeah that's what i think too.The dialogue between Big Boss and Kaz pretty much confirms that this is just after the Peace walker incident.Snake is 2-3 years old and Raiden isn't even born yet.
The only thing that doesn't make sense is Big Boss looking 10 years older since PW.
This is just a teaser,im not taking anything serious yet,but one thing that is confirmed is that the story takes place in 74-75.

If Big Boss is already in his 50s during Peace Walker, then I'd say he was just using hair dye during Peace Walker, then decided 'the hell with hair dye'..
and this stoppage of using hair dye is symbolism on when he starts turning against reason and becomes this diabolical super-soldier menace we will come to know. :lol

Seriously, I follow Kojima on Twitter, and the guy is so self-centered & nuts! :slap

I just would not believe anything he says, because he is obviously cooking some misdirection tactic, and I'll just not expect anything. :tap
Although it's good to speculate here in forums. :clap Bring on more theories.

Big Boss was 39 during Peace Walker, it's stated in the game.

Unless Kojima is messing with his appearance just for the trailer or this takes place years after Peace Walker...

By the way it's pretty obvious who the scarred man is...

voldemort.jpg

Last edited:
In Peace Walker they say Chico is smaller than all the other kids his age due to malnutrition, maybe that could explain why he doesn't look as old as we would expect him to. Far-fetched, but who knows. As someone stated earlier it is Kojima, and this is a tech demo.

is it possible that the game expands over years and the demo is near the end justifying his appearance ? maybe hes younger at the start

I think the game will be a blast to play... but it's more South American bull ****... and every game now has to be in some form related back to Snake Eater... I love Snake Eater but goddamn stop making it the basis of all subsequent games...

I think the game will be a blast to play... but it's more South American bull ****... and every game now has to be in some form related back to Snake Eater... I love Snake Eater but goddamn stop making it the basis of all subsequent games...

What if the scarred man is The Fury? :horror

Big Boss eventually goes to Africa - perhaps after the MSF off-shore base gets destroyed. I guess it's just a matter of when. But, yeah, I agree, the setting has become rather stagnant after having three consecutive games with Big Boss take place in Central America.

In terms of relevance to the Cold War, Central America did play a critical role in the Cuban Missile Crisis (obviously) and there was also power-hungry lunatics like Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. But, there are also other places where the Cold War had spread. I would have loved to see Big Boss go back to Russia, or even take a trip to South-East Asia. He was touted as the greatest mercenary of his time, so he should travel the world! :lol

What if the scarred man is The Fury? :horror

That's more believeable than what I heard yesterday from some idiot I'm friends with on the PSN...

He thinks that dude is Volgin... scarred guy... maybe he's on to something... and his reasoning is "the scarring and doesn't see how a newer villian would come into play"... since MGS NEVER SHOWCASES NEW VILLIANS EVERY GAME AT ALL... (heavy sarcasm)

And my rebuttal was that Volgin was close to 7 feet tall and there is no way it's him... and his reasoning was... "maybe because he got older"... O_O

He's the sperm that won? really?

He wasn't ****ing with me either...

He also thinks that camp was the "Les Enfants Terribles" camp... whatever the **** that means... maybe he's right, I mean that project was employed... at least FIVE YEARS EARLIER...

Reading this drivel should make all politicians Pro-Abortion.

I cannot stand a one dimensional hypothesis with MGS games... it just shows how goddamn retarded people are...

I think I need to delete that turd, on basic principle.

Last edited:
Back