Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emm, can someone help me?

I have a UK PS3 and just bought a copy if the American post-patched Greatest Hits edition of MGS4 after I misplaced my Asian copy. Thing is, the circle button is used as the enter and flashback buttons. I could have sworn the US version used X for those commands?

It might be my console auto adjusting the controls, or it maybe something else. What button do you guys use for the flashbacks and enter button?

That's super weird. Is the game working from your previous saves? That's the only thing that could do it.

Honestly I miss the circle for confirm button. It always felt special for MGS to me.

That's weird. I know it was X and not O :cuckoo:

I know, since the HD Collection was stupidly changed to X. Make up your mind already Konami!

Mine has always been O for enter & X for cancel (in this case, flashback). My PS3 and most of the games I have are Z3 (Asian/HongKong ver.)
The only exception is MGS:HD (Z3) which switches the in game O and X and it is annoying.

I can't stand R3 games, I'd always buy R1 though they are always a bit more expensive. The Korean region games are the worst. :lol

That's super weird. Is the game working from your previous saves? That's the only thing that could do it.

Honestly I miss the circle for confirm button. It always felt special for MGS to me.

No, I did a clean install and started a new save and it's still Circle.

I'm guessing it's probably due to my UK console. Anybody here from the UK? Frank?

I've already gotten the Platinum trophy for my old PSN account but since I'm using an American account now I have to re-earn all my trophies. Anyway, here is the game:

14661950710_9fc9661fb6_c.jpg

I can't stand R3 games, I'd always buy R1 though they are always a bit more expensive. The Korean region games are the worst. :lol

I bought my ps3 when there were imported from either Japan, HK, America. I can't read japanese so no for Z2 (japan) and Z1 (america) was more expensive,so the only logical option then was Z3 (HK) and also the games came out faster, cheaper and everyone else were using Z3 for their psn account.

The only thing I don't like about the Z3 copies are that some (or more like most) of them are written in chinese on the back cover :dunno

The box art looks ok, but the red box is ... not so appealing.

I haven't played MGS4 in a while so I can't remember, but on the HD collections it's O to confirm and X to cancel

I know, since the HD Collection was stupidly changed to X. Make up your mind already Konami!

No, I did a clean install and started a new save and it's still Circle.

I'm guessing it's probably due to my UK console. Anybody here from the UK? Frank?

I've already gotten the Platinum trophy for my old PSN account but since I'm using an American account now I have to re-earn all my trophies. Anyway, here is the game:

I bought my ps3 when there were imported from either Japan, HK, America. I can't read japanese so no for Z2 (japan) and Z1 (america) was more expensive,so the only logical option then was Z3 (HK) and also the games came out faster, cheaper and everyone else were using Z3 for their psn account.

The only thing I don't like about the Z3 copies are that some (or more like most) of them are written in chinese on the back cover :dunno

The box art looks ok, but the red box is ... not so appealing.

Yeah usually there are 3 regions to choose from where I am, I stick with American (R1). I'll try to avoid R3 games whenever I can.

I haven't played MGS4 in a while so I can't remember, but on the HD collections it's O to confirm and X to cancel

Wtf? I would have gotten the Zavi UK exclusive if I knew that! It's changed to X for the US versions (Including the Vita). It's really awkward :slap

BTW Frank, do let me know what button is used for MGS4 when you're playing it again.

Yeah I'm more than positive! I don't think zavvi shipped the exclusive out of Europe though

I can always put the game in tonight and check for you

Wtf? I would have gotten the Zavi UK exclusive if I knew that! It's changed to X for the US versions (Including the Vita). It's really awkward :slap

BTW Frank, do let me know what button is used for MGS4 when you're playing it again.

Yeah I'm more than positive! I don't think zavvi shipped the exclusive out of Europe though

I can always put the game in tonight and check for you

That would be great! I'd appreciate that, thanks! I'm curious to know since I have a UK console, which screws up the US version of MGS4 apparently.

I have the US version Limited Edition MGS HD Collection, which came with the artbook. The Zavi one came with a steelbook and a t-shirt, should have gotten that. :slap

I always shudder when I see that ugly cover blechhkk!

I have a UK console and its X for me. But I also have the UK disk

I always shudder when I see that ugly cover art blechhkk!

I have a UK console and its X for me. But I also have the UK disk

I've decided to give MGS4 another run through..... thanks Ryan!

Dayum Frank that's one sweet TV! Is it a full HD LED? :clap

Also, what the confirmation button?

If I may, do invest on a surround system, I kid you not- MGS4 has the BEST surround audio in a game EVER. It really has to be heard to be believed. That Logitech Z906 I showed you some time ago is a great entry level home theater that wont hurt your wallet.

Thanks man!

X is confirm/flashback just as zombie confirmed,I have UK system and game.

I have a surround sound system for the TV In the living room which is where I used I play all my games before making the spare room into my man cave/games room, that's what you're seeing above! I might pick up another sound system when I got some freed up cash, if that's ever likely :lol

I do miss the surround sound on videogames though, but it was a fair trade off. Now my GF can use the living room while I play videogames in here for hours on end and leave me too it without getting annoyed :lol:lol

Thanks man!

X is confirm/flashback just as zombie confirmed,I have UK system and game.

I have a surround sound system for the TV In the living room which is where I used I play all my games before making the spare room into my man cave/games room, that's what you're seeing above! I might pick up another sound system when I got some freed up cash, if that's ever likely :lol

I do miss the surround sound on videogames though, but it was a fair trade off. Now my GF can use the living room while I play videogames in here for hours on end and leave me too it without getting annoyed :lol:lol

Damn, looks like I'm the unlucky bastard who has a UK console with a US game and is stuck with the circle button. :(

Anyway, if bothering people is your concern, the Sony Pulse 7.1 headset delivers plenty of bang for the buck, I wish I had that headset for night time gaming. I'm not a big fan of headsets but Solidus knows a thing or two about good brands too.

I really do recommend a good headset if noise is a problem :lol. I live in a tiny apartment, so I can't play music or movies as loud as I want to without disturbing the neighbors (the walls are paper-thin here).

I don't have any experience with the Sony headsets, but I'm currently using a Turtle Beach X-Ray. It has some neat features, such as: (1) Bluetooth connectivity - you can even connect it to you iPhone to answer calls directly from the headset; (2) Variable surround angles, so you can adjust the virtual 5.1 Dolby surround speakers to your liking; (3) a noise limiter to reduce the loud effects from explosions and gunfire; (4) variable bass settings; and (5) a "mic monitor" so you can hear your own voice through the ear cups. I think mic monitoring is a unique feature to Turtle Beach headsets, because I haven't seen it from any other brands.

The only slight problem is that it doesn't come with a 3.5 mm jack. But, it's not like I was intending to use it, to listen to music anyway.

I really do recommend a good headset if noise is a problem :lol. I live in a tiny apartment, so I can't play music or movies as loud as I want to without disturbing the neighbors (the walls are paper-thin here).

I don't have any experience with the Sony headsets, but I'm currently using a Turtle Beach X-Ray. It has some neat features, such as: (1) Bluetooth connectivity - you can even connect it to you iPhone to answer calls directly from the headset; (2) Variable surround angles, so you can adjust the virtual 5.1 Dolby surround speakers to your liking; (3) a noise limiter to reduce the loud effects from explosions and gunfire; (4) variable bass settings; and (5) a "mic monitor" so you can hear your own voice through the ear cups. I think mic monitoring is a unique feature to Turtle Beach headsets, because I haven't seen it from any other brands.

The only slight problem is that it doesn't come with a 3.5 mm jack. But, it's not like I was intending to use it, to listen to music anyway.

Doesn't Sony prohibits 3rd party bluetooth headsets except for voice chat? I did research that when I was trying to figure out why my Logitech wouldn't output any audio on my PS3.

Doesn't Sony prohibits 3rd party bluetooth headsets except for voice chat? I did research that when I was trying to figure out why my Logitech wouldn't output any audio on my PS3.

Well, the head-set is paired with an included bluetooth receiver that's connected to the "optical out" jack on my PS3. So, I can use the headset for voice chat and to listen to in-game sounds simultaneously.

Well, the head-set is paired with an included bluetooth receiver that's connected to the "optical out" jack on my PS3. So, I can use the headset for voice chat and to listen to in-game sounds simultaneously.

Oh wow, now that's something! That also means that various digital formats such as DD5.1 and DTS are supported too, correct?

I'm taking a wild guess and say they're probably no headsets that supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD though.

Oh wow, now that's something! That also means that various digital formats such as DD5.1 and DTS are supported too, correct?

I'm taking a wild guess and say they're probably no headsets that supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD though.

Yeah, it supports DDS 5.1, but I'm not sure about DTS. Plus, the good thing about using the optical jack, is that it leaves your USB ports free for other things. It doesn't seem right that the Sony headsets are using USB receivers, for the prices that they're selling for.

And I haven't come across ANY headset that supports Dolby TrueHD. In order to do that, a headset would need multiple drivers in each ear-cup for true surround, as opposed to simulated surround that uses only two physical drivers in stereo (which is the case with every virtual surround headset in retail). I'm very surprised that I haven't seen any manufacturer attempt a Dolby headset with physical drivers. Perhaps the cost would be too much?

I'm currently using the Sentey Harmoniq Pro for my PC, which has its own physical surround sound with multiple drivers. It's not Dolby, but I can honestly say, that the sound quality is leaps and bounds better than my Turtle Beach headset for the PS3. It also has two built-in sub-woofers that really add some "powerful" bass sounds.

Back