Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From revolutionizing cinematic movie-games, to revolutionizing paid demos; you are truly a shining role-model for the video game industry, Kojima san :ohbfrank:

:lol great list.

It's amazing how entertaining IGN can be when not in hands of the usual people.

Btw, I still have that PS1 demo disk.

Yeah, at least there's no Greg stinkin' Miller. Can't stand that guy. I have my copy of the MGS 1 demo disk, too :lol.

In any case, I just finished my second playthrough of Peace Walker, and oh boy - where do I begin? Without a doubt, it's the most politically insidious game that I've ever played. I think that Peace Walker's straight-forward and simplistic storyline, hides what truly lies underneath it all.

From the onset, this game was marketed to teenagers, and I got the impression that Kojima wanted to tell a profound, "moral" story; something similar to what he attempted with MGS 2. But, except this time, he was conveying his philosophies to a much younger, and impressionable generation, that seems very disinterested in world history. Now, this is where the entire "Peace" spiel comes in. And I have to question if whether Kojima actually believes that the United States is the enemy to freedom in an already unstable world.

At the end of Peace Walker, it was revealed that The Boss - who was America's greatest soldier, had laid down her weapon first for the sake of "Peace". The Boss's death was essentially used an an allegory for unilateral disarmament in the United States; something that's very reminiscent of the Carter administration, which crippled the CIA and issued failed foreign policies that weakened the stance of America and its allies during the Cold War.

Forget the fact, that the gosh-darned US of A uses billions of dollars from its own tax payers, to provide Naval defense for Japan against threats like North Korea and China. No that's not important. For Kojima-san, "peasu iz more important!" as well as unilateral disarmament in the United States. I love this man, but he is so, unbelievably ****ing naive. It's even evidenced further from his worshiping of Che Guevara. In the end, I really do hope that kids are smart enough and don't buy into his retardation.

I will never find myself replaying the storyline of Peace Walker ever again. Twice is more than enough for a lifetime.

Hmmm....... i didn't surprised if Ground Zeroes main mission are included on Phantom Pain when its released.

It could go either way. I think if Konami really wants to capitalize on profit, they could use the hype from TPP in order to sell more copes of GZ.

In any case, I just finished my second playthrough of Peace Walker, and oh boy - where do I begin? Without a doubt, it's the most politically insidious game that I've ever played. I think that Peace Walker's straight-forward and simplistic storyline, hides what truly lies underneath it all.

From the onset, this game was marketed to teenagers, and I got the impression that Kojima wanted to tell a profound, "moral" story; something similar to what he attempted with MGS 2. But, except this time, he was conveying his philosophies to a much younger, and impressionable generation, that seems very disinterested in world history. Now, this is where the entire "Peace" spiel comes in. And I have to question if whether Kojima actually believes that the United States is the enemy to freedom in an already unstable world.

At the end of Peace Walker, it was revealed that The Boss - who was America's greatest soldier, had laid down her weapon first for the sake of "Peace". The Boss's death was essentially used an an allegory for unilateral disarmament in the United States; something that's very reminiscent of the Carter administration, which crippled the CIA and issued failed foreign policies that weakened the stance of America and its allies during the Cold War.

Forget the fact, that the gosh-darned US of A uses billions of dollars from its own tax payers, to provide Naval defense for Japan against threats like North Korea and China. No that's not important. For Kojima-san, "peasu iz more important!" as well as unilateral disarmament in the United States. I love this man, but he is so, unbelievably ****ing naive. It's even evidenced further from his worshiping of Che Guevara. In the end, I really do hope that kids are smart enough and don't buy into his retardation.

I will never find myself replaying the storyline of Peace Walker ever again. Twice is more than enough for a lifetime.

Funny, I'm replaying MGS4 now for my second trophy run and I'm NOT having a good time. The themes of "sense" and that a person's "sense" being controlled is absurd. The lowbrow presentation is cringe-worthy as every actor is required to grunt at the slightest gesture like a Japanese cartoon. The cutscenes well overstay their welcome and the story begins the trend of redundancy that series seems to be suffering from nowadays.

The gameplay is pretty stiff and Snake is stuck in PS2 era controls and animation when compared to say, the first Uncharted.

Don't get me wrong, I still love MGS4 to a certain degree, but I couldn't help but feel that the game was rushed and that Kojima didn't had his creative flourish that was present in the first 5 games. The less I talk about PW, the better. And yes, I agree with everything you said.

I just can't believed I've gotten the platinum for this game two years ago, I doubt I could ever replay the main campaign of MGS4, PW and GZ over and over as I could with the first 3 Solid games.

Oh well, I can always wash the bad taste with a dose of Rising. At least that game is a black comedy. :lol

My Thunderbolt of Wisdom says after TPP, because Konami is way too busy marketing MGSV for the next year or two.

Thunderbolt of Wisdom.. That's what she said. :monkey3

They better release a Rising game sooner or later. It's the only thing about MGS I look forward to anymore :(.

Still can't believe how upset I was about how MGR was going to be set after MGS4... but it couldn't of been done with anymore care than it was. It didn't interfere with continuity at all, and left Snake's fate ambiguous. And I love that Snake convo easter egg since it gave Snake the respect he deserved.

That's just one of MANY things incredible about MGR.

And in regards to MGR, it gave Raiden some much needed character development from his sorry state in MGS 4. He went through phases in the series (least we forget MGS 2). But, he eventually turned into a total, badass mother *******. I think he has earned his rightful place as a "Snake" in this series.

I used to hate MGR before I actually played it. But, I really have no problems accepting it as part of a futuristic canon, that's separate from Solid and Big Boss. This is what Kojima SHOULD be doing, instead of being stuck in past timelines, and retconing things.

Although how I feel about TPP more than likely won't change even after playing it, unless a young Snake is in it and the ending leaves an easter egg of a MG1 remake.

I haven't been interested in the Big Boss background since Snake Eater, it's redundant at this point.

Today on Metal Gear Online: Fought a pink Metal Gear and Big Boss turned into a chick in the ending cutscene for some reason.

14893002371_2349cb6631_z.jpg

14895707452_e5b86f89e6_z.jpg

14709514037_08c9c3af9c_z.jpg

:mwaha I didn't see the female Big Boss, though... maybe a glitch?

Yeah, Big Boss turning into a female MSF soldier must be a glitch, I doubt Kojima had that in mind. I was laughing all the way. Should have worn a bikini. :rotfl

Hmm, Frank and I are pretty much doing our trophy run simultaneously for MGS4 but he seems to be having more time (and patience) to play the damn movie, I mean game. Damn you Frank! :monkey3

Hmm, Frank and I are pretty much doing our trophy run simultaneously for MGS4 but he seems to be having more time (and patience) to play the damn movie, I mean game. Damn you Frank! :monkey3

It's laborious to say the least, I've had to quit and load more times than I would care to mention... and I'm not even doing a BB emblem run through!

Just finished doing the Shadow Moses act and it's made me pine for some classic MGS and a remake of MGS1....

Being stood on the helipad, the nostalgia was ebbing through me. It (almost) made me sad that Snake was old as ****, reminiscing on his younger, bada ss self. It's most definitely the highlight of the entire game for me.

The way characters off themselves in this game is dumb as though, EVA and Naomi deaths both annoyed me and were wtf moment

Back