Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snake Variety Level 4..

Snake Variety Level 4..

Snake Variety Level 4..

Snake Variety Level 4..

Snake Variety Level 4..

God help me.

Just got off multiplayer with Solidus, he kept bringing up about equipping his banana on the battlefield... :monkey3

Y'know for all you cats who are holding off multiplayer, you're missing out and it's not like the servers gonna be here forever. It's plenty of mindless fun with snakes and bananas.

I started playing MGS1 again yesterday, and I suck! :lol

I suck a big one :lol I was in normal and couldn't even get into the Hangar with no alerts :slap

Man used to beat the game on extreme back in the day, I think age did slow me down a bit eh? :lol

My banana was sticky the whole night last night...

And Gasper, you just really need to take your time with MGS 1 :lol. The control layout hasn't aged well, and there will be a small learning curve to get reacquainted with them again. Also, be sure to make liberal use of first-person-view mode (Triangle button).

Yeah I use 1st p view a lot, I spent 30 minutes yesterday trying to get from the elevator to the hangar without a single alert before I succeeded, in freaking normal :lol

It wasn't frustrating though, it was fun, I think I got a hang of it now, but yeah, I need to get more reacquainted with it, I thought it'd be just pick up and play again, and nope, the body forgets :lecture:

All and all I think the controls are simple enough, it was just my stupid lack of coordination and thinking it would be a piece of cake, but at least I still remember most of the hidden crates and stuff.

I should start playing it again. I think I've unlocked everything in PW.

Did you ever gotten around getting maxed out A.I boards? I beat Pliskin's VR Missions last night and boy was it tough.

I started playing MGS1 again yesterday, and I suck! :lol

I suck a big one :lol I was in normal and couldn't even get into the Hangar with no alerts :slap

Man used to beat the game on extreme back in the day, I think age did slow me down a bit eh? :lol

Another thing is that you'll gave to train your weapon sights on an enemy, which tales about a second. Just firing your gun won't be much help. The game gets easier and the difficulty curve is upside down. Also, hold square and X to run and gun while fighting Ocelot and take down the M1's treads with C4 or claymores before attempting to throw grenades into the hatch.

My banana was sticky the whole night last night...

And Gasper, you just really need to take your time with MGS 1 :lol. The control layout hasn't aged well, and there will be a small learning curve to get reacquainted with them again. Also, be sure to make liberal use of first-person-view mode (Triangle button).

Kaz would promote you.:lol

I dare anyone to give this a try. In my 12 years of playing MGS2 Substance, I could only beat this twice. Now with my new attempt of getting the plat, I find this near impossible for my age. :(

Played by us mere mortals:

Played by a god:

That seems like a nice way to spend my next three weeks of summer vacation. Thanks, Ryan!

I couldn't do this one either. It was infuriating.

I'd given up for a bit but that's even worse because then I have to play for a couple of hours again just to get my flow back

Every other VR mission is fun in some way but the protect with a sniper missions are just down right painful. I got lucky after hours of playing it one Saturday afternoons. I hit 24/25 a few times and failed too, which is even more maddening.

Now I'm stuck on the MGS1 Snake VR missions. They certainly do test you and a gamer and as human being :lol

I dare anyone to give this a try. In my 12 years of playing MGS2 Substance, I could only beat this twice. Now with my new attempt of getting the plat, I find this near impossible for my age. :(

Played by us mere mortals:

Played by a god:

Last edited:
What part of MGS1 Snake are you stuck at, Frank? I didn't''t find them that much difficult than Variety Level 4 Snake.

Just remember the groin punch, it makes things much easier.

I love the VR Missions, too bad t never made comeback. :(

I'm at work right now and can't look and I haven't played it for awhile so I'm unsure which one I'm stuck on, i might not even be 'stuck' more so just one may have been difficult and I turned it off due to hours of playing :lol

I've been catching up on a few other games so I haven't revisited it yet! Plus I got a new ps3 and am yet to decide whether to carry on with the xbox version I'm on or just start a fresh on the PS3

I'm at work right now and can't look and I haven't played it for awhile so I'm unsure which one I'm stuck on, i might not even be 'stuck' more so just one may have been difficult and I turned it off due to hours of playing :lol

I've been catching up on a few other games so I haven't revisited it yet! Plus I got a new ps3 and am yet to decide whether to carry on with the xbox version I'm on or just start a fresh on the PS3

I suggest you start over on PS3, it's only like the definitive console to play on. You're gonna get used to the pressure sensitive aiming though.

I got 100% on Raiden, X Raiden, Ninja Raiden and Pliskin in about 10 hours. I'm just stuck at 96% on Snake and can't unlock the MGS1 Snake till I beat him.

All those painful hours of variety level 4 again though man......

I was honestly 100% relieved to have got past that stage as i too was stuck on it for ages. The thought of tackling it again as well as all the other hours of dog tags, vr missions, snake tales etc etc is what's putting me off honestly, and only because i have other things i have to do.

Plus i have a GF who gets mad when i spend all my time trying to get trophies on video games so i can't just enjoy the moment anymore :lol

What i would give to be a teenager again with no life or practically a wife..... first world problems

I suggest you start over on PS3, it's only like the definitive console to play on. You're gonna get used to the pressure sensitive aiming though.

I got 100% on Raiden, X Raiden, Ninja Raiden and Pliskin in about 10 hours. I'm just stuck at 96% on Snake and can't unlock the MGS1 Snake till I beat him.

Oh I almost forgot- the PS3 version is transferable to the Vita and vice versa. There were a crapload of times I was dogtag hunting but had to go to work, so I bring my progress with me. I also remembering doing the Kerotan run while in line at the DMV. It should be a mandatory feature for all games that are for both PS3/Vita. :lol

Even if you don't plan to get a Vita anytime soon, you damn well know that years down the road you'll be able to pick one up dirt cheap like the PSP is now and have your sweet, sweet VR progress wherever you go. :lol

Emm, can someone help me?

I have a UK PS3 and just bought a copy if the American post-patched Greatest Hits edition of MGS4 after I misplaced my Asian copy. Thing is, the circle button is used as the enter and flashback buttons. I could have sworn the US version used X for those commands?

It might be my console auto adjusting the controls, or it maybe something else. What button do you guys use for the flashbacks and enter button?

Mine has always been O for enter & X for cancel (in this case, flashback). My PS3 and most of the games I have are Z3 (Asian/HongKong ver.)
The only exception is MGS:HD (Z3) which switches the in game O and X and it is annoying.

Back