Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love how they even resorted to the peace sign with the fingers :lol and the names! Well said Solidus :duff MGS V is probably worse since it's a full blown console game (well....kinda)

we should probably do a skype group for MGS PW. Easier to manage

It's so utterly strange how the darkest game in the history of the series, is a direct sequel to the most kid-friendly MGS game ever created.

Good call. I don't have a PS3 compatible headset, I tend to use Skype as a substitute.

I think it would actually be better if all of us used head-sets, because it'll help to keep your focus on the games, without having to take your eyes off the screen :lol. Just get a stereo one when they're on sale - they're not even that expensive.

Never got in to headsets i’m more of a home theater person it's a better experience.

It's so utterly strange how the darkest game in the history of the series, is a direct sequel to the most kid-friendly MGS game ever created.

I think it would actually be better if all of us used head-sets, because it'll help to keep your focus on the games, without having to take your eyes off the screen :lol. Just get a stereo one when they're on sale - they're not even that expensive.
I know right? Maybe it's all part of Kojima's crazy plan :lol

Head sets come off as low quality on the PS3 honestly, I can barely hear what people are saying. Plus Skype wouldn't really distract you from the game, it doesn't with me anyway

Never got in to headsets i’m more of a home theater person it's a better experience.

Home theaters are awesome. But, I mean, using headsets for mic communication during multiplayer :lol. And if you have a headset with noise cancellation and mic monitor settings, you can hear your own voice without having it drowned out by any nearby sounds.

I know right? Maybe it's all part of Kojima's crazy plan :lol

Head sets come off as low quality on the PS3 honestly, I can barely hear what people are saying. Plus Skype wouldn't really distract you from the game, it doesn't with me anyway

From Chico discussing Monster Hunter and talking cats, to Chico getting tortured, beaten and raped? Sounds like a lame plan :lol.

I don't have Skype :(.

:lol that never occurred to me.

Wait till you play Ground Zeroes, and then you'll really the nonsense.

Home theaters are awesome. But, I mean, using headsets for mic communication during multiplayer :lol. And if you have a headset with noise cancellation and mic monitor settings, you can hear your own voice without having it drowned out by any nearby sounds.

From Chico discussing Monster Hunter and talking cats, to Chico getting tortured, beaten and raped? Sounds like a lame plan :lol.

I don't have Skype :(.
Still a problem though, cause what if you don't?

Download Skype. Problem solved :lol
Wait till you play Ground Zeroes, and then you'll really the nonsense.
The nonsense is already getting to you!

But, I don't want to juggle between my laptop and controller. Just get a headset, man. There are a lot of good ones out there that aren't that expensive. Just so you know, plis uses the craptacular PS3 bluetooth ear piece and I can hear him just fine :lol.

But, I don't want to juggle between my laptop and controller. Just get a headset, man. There are a lot of good ones out there that aren't that expensive. Just so you know, plis uses the craptacular PS3 bluetooth ear piece and I can hear him just fine :lol.

While I've Skyped with pals all across the world, I've never voice chatted on a vidoegame console before. I hope cheap headsets won't have distortions over long distance.

Unfortunately the Sony Pulse is too pricey for me at the moment, especially being a grown man compelled to collect dollies. I saw this bluetooth headset series EX-02 by Giotech. Seems to get good review and not bad for $20.

22602_1262878299.jpg

You don't really have to do anything, you just need to make sure Skype isn't screwing with your mic by toggling 'don't let skype control my mic'. I've done it for YouTube several times, it'll work fine. :lol even with co-commentators like for MGS 1, Uncharted and Jak and Daxter.

And like Ryan, I'm a little short on funds too. Especially due to collecting dollies.

You don't really have to do anything, you just need to make sure Skype isn't screwing with your mic by toggling 'don't let skype control my mic'. I've done it for YouTube several times, it'll work fine. :lol even with co-commentators like for MGS 1, Uncharted and Jak and Daxter.

And like Ryan, I'm a little short on funds too. Especially due to collecting dollies.

Yeah, plus we can video chat. Skype is really as simple as you can imagine it, no need to fiddle with anything at all.

My next dollie is arriving in a few days as well. I just realized how many games I've neglected because of this hobby. :lol

Yeah, plus we can video chat. Skype is really as simple as you can imagine it, no need to fiddle with anything at all.

My next dollie is arriving in a few days as well. I just realized how many games I've neglected because of this hobby. :lol
I haven't really neglected games cause of this. Except Nintendo ones. I wouldn't really video chat cause no webcam but that's a plus.

What's the dollie though?

I haven't really neglected games cause of this. Except Nintendo ones. I wouldn't really video chat cause no webcam but that's a plus.

What's the dollie though?

I have. My Vita hasn't seen action for months, not because "there are no games", but I've been spending money on collectibles and customs. I could count at least 15 Vita and 20 PS3 games that I've still yet to buy.

As for the figures are, well, we'll know in a few days. :monkey3

I do have your PSN correct FSLAR?

While I've Skyped with pals all across the world, I've never voice chatted on a vidoegame console before. I hope cheap headsets won't have distortions over long distance.

Unfortunately the Sony Pulse is too pricey for me at the moment, especially being a grown man compelled to collect dollies. I saw this bluetooth headset series EX-02 by Giotech. Seems to get good review and not bad for $20.

22602_1262878299.jpg

If a Russian kid can curse at me from half-way across the world in TLOU multiplayer - which happened a few months ago, then you'll be just fine :lol

I guess you can try something like that and see how it works. You can also find some decent wired headsets like the Turtle Beach P11 for around $40. I personally can't stand wires, but that one has some great reviews.

But, here's the thing - you guys don't want to see me on Skype in my birthday suit or tighty whities :lol. It's hot in summer, and I can't be bothered with wearing any clothes in my apartment. I'm not even kidding.

Last edited:
And on something related to MGS 2, Norihiko Hibino's compositions were simply breathtaking. It can't be said enough, that the musical direction of the series has been severely lacking, ever since he left after MGS 3.

As I was playing MGS 2 HD last night, I paused the screen and spent 10 minutes just listening to this track:

Last edited:
If a Russian kid can curse at me from half-way across the world in TLOU multiplayer - which happened a few months ago, then you'll be just fine :lol

I guess you can try something like that and see how it works. You can also find some decent wired headsets like the Turtle Beach P11 for around $40. I personally can't stand wires, but that one has some great reviews.

Yeah, I don't go for wired either, even my PS2 controller is wireless.

But, here's the thing - you guys don't want to see me on Skype in my birthday suit or tighty whities :lol. It's hot in summer, and I can't be bothered with wearing any clothes in my apartment. I'm not even kidding.

And when girl gamer says that, BOOM another 1000 subs.

And on something related to MGS 2, Norihiko Hibino's compositions were simply breathtaking. It can't be said enough, that the musical direction of the series has been severely lacking, ever since he left after MGS 3.

As I was playing MGS 2 HD last night, I paused the screen and spent 10 minutes just listening to this track:

Have you heard the Ghost Babel soundtrack? Hibino makes something even as mundane as the sewers sound spectacular.

We all know Konami had lost many of their talented employees from directors, artists to programmers and they lost their top two modern composers with Hibino and Akira Yamoka. Hibino's and Yamaoka's music really has their own stories to tell instead of being filler music.

I do honestly need a new mic actually, my current one is extremely old. Like, pre 2000 old.

Eh, I won't complain about that :naughty Pliss and Ryan will love it too amirite? Well that and I don't even webcam. So we just Skype and voice chat

I had to take time off playing the MGS2 MGS1 Snake VR missions as after going through all the VR missions it burned me out. I started on the extreme dog tags quest.

I have to get back on doing MGS 3's Extreme mode, the Pain was being such a bother :lol and wasn't really that fun. Damn 3DS controls

I had to take time off playing the MGS2 MGS1 Snake VR missions as after going through all the VR missions it burned me out. I started on the extreme dog tags quest.

On the 360, Frank?

I have to get back on doing MGS 3's Extreme mode, the Pain was being such a bother :lol and wasn't really that fun. Damn 3DS controls

I've played MGS3D on my brother's 3DS, while the 3D effects and the Peace Walker's control scheme are nice, it feels **** a compensation for everything else feels like a compensation to make up for it's shortcomings. The HD edition if far, far superior, and that includes the Vita version as well.

Oh, and MGS3's Extreme mode has nothing on MGS2 Extreme, wait till ya get to that. :lol

Back