Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn those are good! What do you use? Were you in art school? I only use pencils, since I don't know any other way. And I'm hoping to learn photoshop if I have the time.

Those are on my crappy tablet lol. Like I said I'm still trying to develop a style that works on it, I still think I'm far better on paper but I hate constantly erasing and I'm spoiled. I like that you showed your are, I really like it and it makes me want to do better :hi5:

I might practice at my desk at work with a Pen and Printer paper :lol

Brothers Plissken - you guys are both great artists. Thanks for sharing.

I promised Snake & Meryl but I only did Snake lol. I hope you guys like it. I was messing with different techniques.

2hgcmex.jpg

2hey8oy.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE this stuff! Makes me want to take a crack at Il Fumatore.

Snake Plissken's awesome Psycho Mantis inspired me to post some of my own. This was made last year.

new2co.jpg

raidennew1.jpg

Thanks Monger. I haven't made any in years. Here's a few more I found in my computer.

mgs4et.jpg

rssbq.jpg

I can sort of do the Shinkawa silhouetted eyes, when I get home from work I'm going to put together some stuff. I really like that Old Snake and MKII picture.:clap

I might try a head portrait of Snake and Meryl from MGS1.

Worth a repost since were on the subject.

This was a few days ago, I need to do a good paint job and not make it look flat for a change with contrasted shadow! ughh

1ea0wy.jpg

These next two are kinda old...

e6ozrr.jpg

2w250lv.jpg

I promised Snake & Meryl but I only did Snake lol. I hope you guys like it. I was messing with different techniques.

2hgcmex.jpg

2hey8oy.jpg

I'm on the lookout for a PlayArts Cyborg Ninja. Mine fell off a shelf and broke his arm awhile back, so hopefully I can eventually find one for a decent price.

How badly broken is it? I may be interested in buying it from you for a discounted price if you're interested. (I repair figures).

Likewise, my local shop had a new in box Cyborg Ninja on the shelf the other day for $65 - shipping to you from me shouldn't be more than $10 -- if you're interested in it for $75, LMK!

Jess

It seems like I missed a lot of discussion in this thread. Great artworks, Plissken and Pliskin! I've saved the images to my pc :clap:goodpost:.

It seems like I missed a lot of discussion in this thread. Great artworks, Plissken and Pliskin! I've saved the images to my pc :clap:goodpost:.

I missed the last few posts too, but thanks Solidus plus everyone else for the compliments. I'll try to do more next time just for you guys.

Anyway, I know how much everyone hates the Medicom Old Snake figure, it's really ungodly out the box, but here's my attempt of making the sculpt stand out more. At the very least, it makes the figure slightly more tolerable. ..I think.

oldsnake.jpg

I missed the last few posts too, but thanks Solidus plus everyone else for the compliments. I'll try to do more next time just for you guys.

Anyway, I know how much everyone hates the Medicom Old Snake figure, it's really ungodly out the box, but here's my attempt of making the sculpt stand out more. At the very least, it makes the figure slightly more tolerable. ..I think.

oldsnake.jpg

That looks great! There really isn't anything wrong with the Old Snake Medicom to me other than the terrible paint app.

Speaking of Medicom, my Raiden's right sword holding hand peg broke off in the hand :monkey2 I would like to get a replacement but that seems next to impossible.

nice repaint!!!! hey plis, just use a peg from another hand they pull right out. when i got mine all the pegs were weak cause i got it used. i had to epoxy all of them. im still on the original 2 i fixed and havent had to touch the others. on a side note, mommy bought me a armor metal boss for christmas. i wanted him but id rather spend money on something official. was good to get him for free. (yes im a grown man who doesnt live with his mommy) we like to give each other one big gift and i decided to choose that for some reason.

nice repaint!!!! hey plis, just use a peg from another hand they pull right out. when i got mine all the pegs were weak cause i got it used. i had to epoxy all of them. im still on the original 2 i fixed and havent had to touch the others. on a side note, mommy bought me a armor metal boss for christmas. i wanted him but id rather spend money on something official. was good to get him for free. (yes im a grown man who doesnt live with his mommy) we like to give each other one big gift and i decided to choose that for some reason.

I think you don't understand how exactly it broke. The little nub that goes into the hand that is right below the swivel joint broke off in the hand and is flush with the rest of the hand so I can't get it out at all.

yes i do my friend. it happened to me too. get a needle and heat up the tip for a second. poke between the hand and peg and pry it out quickly. it should come out easily. just dont shoot it across the room. :lol

yes i do my friend. it happened to me too. get a needle and heat up the tip for a second. poke between the hand and peg and pry it out quickly. it should come out easily. just dont shoot it across the room. :lol

Definitely giving that a try. I have a BBQ lighter I can heat it up with, thanks!

On a side note. I think REX is getting pushed into December. 3A has done nothing but trip over it's own feet with this entire license and it's getting tiresome.

Back