Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I got it. This beast is gigantic. I love the details and the railgun light system. But at this point I can't understand how could they miss one of the antenna of the radar. There should be two.

Oh yeah, I got it. This beast is gigantic. I love the details and the railgun light system. But at this point I can't understand how could they miss one of the antennr of the radar. There should be two.

Wait what? There is only one of those antennas?

I just checked and your right, this is ****ing ridiculous. Why did they miss all this basic ****? :mad:

The missile back pack should have jointed hatches... they just pop off... head doesn't turn... this thing just keeps getting further and further away from accuracy...

I just checked and your right, this is ****ing ridiculous. Why did they miss all this basic ****? :mad:

The missile back pack should have jointed hatches... they just pop off... head doesn't turn... this thing just keeps getting further and further away from accuracy...

Just do what I will likely do, which is sell the EX of this beast online for

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8[/ame]

I'll probably use the dosh to buy two PFs or something actually worth the price.

Hey guys, I'm looking for Medicom MGS3 black sneaking suit tops that came with their Naked Snake figures. If anyone has one they'd be willing to part with, let me know. Thanks Metalheads!

Yeah it sucks. I understand they based the sculpt on the MGS4 battle damaged version.
I looked inside the artbook and yeah, there is only one antenna left.
But seriously this is no excuse. The radar unit is the most inaccurate part.
I ordered the koto kit for accuracy and I really enjoy this wonderful figure but this missing antenna is driving me crazy.

Last edited:
And... The list of inaccuracies for REX just keeps growing. Didn't ThreeA have three years to make this thing? :slap

One thing's for sure. When I get this in hand, I'll be doing a lot of modifications.

Yeah it sucks. I understand they based the sculpt on the MGS4 battle damaged version.
I looked inside the artbook and yeah, there is only one antenna left.
But seriously this is no excuse. The radar unit is the most inaccurate part.
I ordered the koto kit for accuracy and I really enjoy this wonderful figure but this missing antenna is driving me crazy.

I got a Koto PO'd as well, it seems like other than size it's going to be the most accurate REX to date. Just it's a shame it is not already pre-painted with the camo.

And... The list of inaccuracies for REX just keeps growing. Didn't ThreeA have three years to make this thing? :slap

One thing's for sure. When I get this in hand, I'll be doing a lot of modifications.

I look forward to seeing that! I want to see how everyone corrects the ridiculous inaccuracies this thing has. :dunno

It cannot be said enough, electronics should not of taken priority over articulation. The no head left/right movement is a complete slap in the face.

Aside the major inaccuracies, this toy is a load of fun. But be cautious, size comes at a price. It's hard to handle, it's heavy and the articulations needs some warm up. Read carefully the instruction . I had to be patient to understood how it works and give it the pose I wanted. Trust me, it's fun and I'm eagerly waiting for MG RAY to come. I will post some photos this afternoon.

Aside the major inaccuracies, this toy is a load of fun. But be cautious, size comes at a price. It's hard to handle, it's heavy and the articulations needs some warm up. Read carefully the instruction . I had to be patient to understood how it works and give it the pose I wanted. Trust me, it's fun and I'm eagerly waiting for MG RAY to come. I will post some photos this afternoon.

Totally agree with you. It's an awesome piece and I am glad I have one in my collection.

SHUT UP!!! I'M TIRED OF NOT HAVING IT!!! LOL JK

****ing 3A better get their **** together and get the Bamba orders out in this decade...

My 3A Mega REX:
rex3f.jpg

rex2x.jpg

rex1d.jpg

Next to HT ED209:
rex4.jpg

Details of the most disappointing radar unit:
rex5.jpg

My 3A Mega REX:
rex3f.jpg

rex2x.jpg

rex1d.jpg

Next to HT ED209:
rex4.jpg

Details of the most disappointing radar unit:
rex5.jpg

To be honest, I think these are the best in-hand REX shots I've seen. That Radome... ughhh what a eye sore it will be that it's missing a antenna... thanks for pointing it out though, as much as I am a REX fanatic I missing that inaccuracy. :dunno

So what is the general height of this thing? Like how tall is it and how wide is it when in the stance Cain has it in?

Hey CAIN MKI. I can't tell if those Rex pics are your own. But if they are, are these pictures the best representation of what colour it is?

So what is the general height of this thing? Like how tall is it and how wide is it when in the stance Cain has it in?
40cm tall, 34 cm wide (arms to arms) and 50cm (front to back) long. It's pretty gigantic :)
Could be taller ;)

Also Cain, did you try the standing up without the support struts yet?
Yeah I tried but wasn't too confident about living it like that.
The equilibrium is very difficult to get so I decided I would rather use the support struts and will have my koto kit been displayed in a much dynamic/extrem pose.

PS: anybody have ideas how to customize with a second radar antenna?
I will be interested too. I don't have much time to think about it right now but there is no way I 'm gonna keep it like this.
I'm serously thinking about painting the camo on the radom and the yellow marks on the radar unit.

Hey CAIN MKI. I can't tell if those Rex pics are your own. But if they are, are these pictures the best representation of what colour it is?
Those are my pics and I would say that they are giving you a pretty precise idea of what the colours looks inhands.

Last edited:
Back